ProtoType T-Rex Restaurant in Kansas City

gatour

DIS Veteran
The protype for the T-Rex restaurant that will be opening in DTD is supposed to be opening in Kansas City this summer. The National Restaurant News trade mag reported the Landry purchase in a recent issue, they reference the Disney restaurants to be built and mention the prototype currently being built at a Kansas City Mall. I forget the mall's name though.

If we have any Kansas Citians, maybe the can do a little spy mission once it opens. :)

The restaurant is located in the Legend's Shopping Center in Village West in Kansas City, Kansas. It will be opening this summer. Is the other one open yet? I can keep you updated if you want! ;) :wave:

We were out there last week and peeked through the fence. It looks really neat! Think Rainforest Cafe with dinosaurs instead of elephants and monkeys. I haven't heard what the menu will be but would guess it would be similar to RFC.

They haven't released an opening date yet...just sometime this summer.

The guy(Steven Schussler) who came up with the concept for the T-Rex restaurant (also came up with Rainforest) works out of MN. There was a huge article about his business centering on the T-Rex restaurant in the latest issue of Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine. It was a very intersting article! In the article they mentioned that there will only be 9 T-Rex's across the country and I believe they said something about an ice bar at the Orlando location where they will offer guests jackets as they come into the bar. I will have to dig up the article again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter