pros and cons of disney bus transportation

Charlies_Mommy

Earning My Ears
Hi-
Looking for some pros and cons on using the Disney transportation to the cruise port. We are arriving the night before and staying at the Orlando airport hotel. I know they have the luggage pickup option here. There are only 3 of us in the family. I was looking into other options, but am wondering if this is just easier. Also, don't yet have a port arrival time, but would like to get there sooner rather the later. Does the bus go 'early'?
Thank You

It is an economies of scale thing. For example, for me and mine, we're talking 6 adults. At $35 per with Disney, that's a chunk. I'm sure Happy Limo (and maybe others) can beat that and have more personal service. But for 3 people, the standard bus is probably going to be more cost efficient.

Unless you plan on coming in the day before? Maybe stay at Cocoa beach instead? Many local hotels on the Cape offer shuttles to the port. If so, then a regular service would be a better choice than Disney.

If you are staying at the Hyatt, I highly recommend Disney transportation. The bellman will come and collect your luggage from your hotel room and the next time you will see it is when it arrives at your stateroom door on the ship. It's So easy and SO convenient! The buses depart MCO early - we have arrived at the port by 10:30AM both times we have used Disney transportation. I hope this helps.:earsboy:

I highly recommend the Hyatt at the MCO airport and the transportation to the Terminal. It is a walk getting to the hotel, but once you get there life is easy. Bags need to be ready to go by 8:30am on the cruise day. You can go down stairs and over to Terminal B, literally a 5 minute walk to the wait area for the buses. It's a lot better than having to get your own luggage to the terminal. First ones in the terminal, nice to check in and grab a seat before everyone else gets there. IMHO only!

Hi-
Looking for some pros and cons on using the Disney transportation to the cruise port. We are arriving the night before and staying at the Orlando airport hotel. I know they have the luggage pickup option here. There are only 3 of us in the family. I was looking into other options, but am wondering if this is just easier. Also, don't yet have a port arrival time, but would like to get there sooner rather the later. Does the bus go 'early'?
Thank You
If you booked the airport Hyatt via DCL (not independently), and if you take the DCL bus, you will not be tied to a Port Arrival Time. You will be able to take the earliest bus over if you like (yes, the first bus leaves early), and will get a boarding number based on your arrival time at the cruise port. So that's a major bonus of riding the DCL bus, if you booked the airport Hyatt through DCL. Other bonuses of the DCL bus:
  • Hyatt staff will get your luggage to DCL for you if you arrange for that upon arrival
  • Comfortable bus
  • Available on a rolling basis from the airport (and after the cruise, from the ship), whenever you're ready you just go to the next available bus
  • DCL video/cartoons showing on the drive over
  • Don't have to find the cruise port, decide where to park, or where to get/return a rental car
  • No stress from the moment you step onto the bus. You know that DCL will get you to the ship, & that ship won't leave without you.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter