Proposal ideas- Fantasy

YZFMoose

When in doubt, wear Mickey Ears
I am wanting to propose to the significant other while on the fantasy coming up. Something out of the ordinary would do. Memorable is what I want. I have no reservations anywhere. Looking for subtle but quirky. Pirate day? Port? W/ a character?

What would the DisBoards Do? WWDbD?

Welcome to the Disboards!!! Any proposal with the characters will cost you big bucks. Our friends got engaged onboard the Magic many years ago and for Mickey and Minnie for 30 minutes was about $500.

Our son proposed to his fiancée on the Fantasy in 2012. He opted for a simple sunset proposal up on deck 13 on formal night. We then had a small celebratory party with the champagne flowing in Ooh La La Lounge. It was lovely!!! Then they had a private photo shoot on Castaway Cay.

You certainly could do something more dramatic. Speak to guest services onboard and they could give you some ideas or speak to Shoreside service before your cruise for some ideas.

MJ

A man proposed to his sweetheart on our February cruise this year infront of the audience at the pirate party. I'll post a video shortly.

EDIT: Here is the link. Video is a little shaky as it was taken from second floor zoomed in quite a ways. http://youtu.be/kXo_cXibv1w

EDIT EDIT: I suppose if I had read your entire post before rushing to reply I would have noticed you use the word "subtle". Oh well, that's what I get for rushin.

A friend of mine was proposed to on DCL. Her now DH did so on formal night so they could have that special formal night photo ..with the ring on of course. He popped the question right there on the grand staircase in front of everyone. She said it felt like the whole ship cheered when she said yes. Magically a bottle of champagne and fruit & cheese plate showed up in their room that evening.

I thought how great it would be if DCL could do that right before a show like when the cruise director(CD) gets up there before the start of show. Maybe make it a point to pull the CD aside without you partner ASAP and discuss with him/her what can be done to make it super special. Perhaps Mickey can bring over the ring or something at a meet or character breakfast.

Perhaps Chip and Dale at CC can deliver it while your on the beach...

I wish you all the best and hope it turns our to be the special everything you dream of. Oh! And many congratulations

An intimate idea

Make reservations at Palo or Remy and talk to the serving teams ahead of time. They can write the proposal on a plate in chocolate and bring it out with the ring. They may have other ideas too.

There is a really nice quiet adults only deck area just outside of Palo and Remy on the Fantasy that would work for a sunset proposal.

I love the decorated plate idea. They brought an anniversary one for our 25th. What a nice surprise. It is so well done.

We just got off the Fantasy this past weekend, and someone had proposed during the Pirate Party. That was pretty cool.

As another poster suggested, you could also go more intimate and pop the question in Palo or Remy.

no so quirky, but there is a lovely, small private outside bar area at Palo with just 2 or 3 tables. Try to get a dinner reservation there and then go early to have a drink outside Palo's--have the waiter bring 2 glasses of champange with the ring box. I think that they might even let you get a drink out there without a dinner reservation--esp. if you explain. But I bet if you explain your plan, they will fit you in, even if they are full. I also like the decorated plate. We went to Palo's for anniversary and they did that.
Otherwise, life guard could stop SO at end of aquaduck and says did you lose something?

If you want something out of the ordinary, take all the ideas about doing it at any restaurant and just throw them out. No offense to those that did it that way or had it done that way, but there is nothing out of the ordinary about it.

What about something like a game of hide and seek using the Wave Phones? Have your partner try to find you somewhere on the ship. Then when they find you, the ring is out and ready. Maybe you can plan with DCL to find a nice spot to lead your partner to that they can set up something nice for you?

For some reason this is the first thing that jumped in my head when you mention subtle but quirky.

If you want something out of the ordinary, take all the ideas about doing it at any restaurant and just throw them out. No offense to those that did it that way or had it done that way, but there is nothing out of the ordinary about it. What about something like a game of hide and seek using the Wave Phones? Have your partner try to find you somewhere on the ship. Then when they find you, the ring is out and ready. Maybe you can plan with DCL to find a nice spot to lead your partner to that they can set up something nice for you? For some reason this is the first thing that jumped in my head when you mention subtle but quirky.

Oooooh I really like this idea!

If you want something out of the ordinary, take all the ideas about doing it at any restaurant and just throw them out. No offense to those that did it that way or had it done that way, but there is nothing out of the ordinary about it. What about something like a game of hide and seek using the Wave Phones? Have your partner try to find you somewhere on the ship. Then when they find you, the ring is out and ready. Maybe you can plan with DCL to find a nice spot to lead your partner to that they can set up something nice for you? For some reason this is the first thing that jumped in my head when you mention subtle but quirky.
I love this idea!!!

Oooooh I really like this idea!

I like that one too....or Pirate it up a bit and make it a treasure hunt kinda thing where they would be given a pirates invite to a treasure hunt and a map of ship with a clue to a spot, find that spot and a clue to the next and so on till they find you with the ring somewhere special.
I would actually have two invites in your SR one with their name one with yours so there is no suspicion.....different directions tho;) however you may need an accomplice to hide clues just before the hunt.

I proposed to my Fiancé on our Fantasy cruise last May. I did it during the Sail Away Party, what better way than in front of 4,000 people. It worked out great because she had no idea what was going on, she thought we were going on the deck stage to dance with the cruise staff and she hates dancing in front of lots of people. It took months of planning and back and forth with DCL shoreside and people on the ship. Was it worth all the planning? Absolutely! Whatever you do, I'm sure your significant other will love it!

I'm sure you could get others from the Dis on your cruise to help out if you do a scavenger hunt type thing too.

There are a couple of areas right off each side of the main lobby (I think) that have beautiful murals with a very fancy chair in front of it. I remember one of them being a mural of Cinderella's castle. I also remember there being a photographer there on at least one night (formal night, maybe?) That would make a great backdrop and photograph.

Maybe on the bridge???
See if you could get a private tour, ...make sure you have some one there taking video / pictures.....

They don't give private tours....but if you talk to purser desk for this....you never know pixiedust:

Just an idea for you

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

I love this idea!!!

It's all yours. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

You also have to keep in mind the type of person your partner is. Some proposees love the idea of it being done in public in front of as many people as possible (afterall, the engagement and wedding is all about them) but on the other hand there are others, like my wife, where had I done it in public like that I don't think it would have gone so smooth (she HATES being the center of attention).

The only other thing I would suggest is to do the proposal as early as you can in your trip. One, it gets it out of the way early so you aren't spending half your trip nervous. Also, it makes the cruise more of a celebration vacation, which is nice. When I proposed to my wife in WDW, I did it the moment we first got into our room at AKL (I had a basket waiting for her in the room, but that's another story). I don't think I could have handled waiting much longer.

Unless DCL is going to help you with the proposal, don't let them know ahead of time that you are going to hopefully be engaged. I have heard some bad stories from some who planned on proposing in WDW who had the surprise spoiled by an unknowing CM at check-in. Of course, after the deed is done you should let them know. You never know what pixie dust you might get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter