Proposal help

MrBeast

Earning My Ears
So my gf and I are taking a vacation to Disney on marathon weekend (i'm running!) in January, and i'm planning on proposing while we are there.

I've got a rough idea of what i'd like to do, but having never been there, there are just things you guys would know better than me!

My initial plan was booking a reservation at Victoria & Albert’s for dinner, then going on the Grand Yacht 1 for the fireworks. (GF is fireworks obsessed, and Wishes is supposed to be amazing. After youtubing multiple videos I completely agree, it looks awesome!)
Anyway, when I called (180 days out) I was able to book the yacht, but was told due to fixed start times, that I probably wouldn’t be able to make my fireworks cruise if we ate at V&As.

Onto the back-up plan… was going to book California Grill since I hear the view is to die for during sunset, but alas... Turns out they are closing for a 6 month reno 2 days before we get there. (seriously, what are the odds?!)

I didn’t have a back-up plan for the back-up plan- but now I’m thinking maybe Citrico’s, a walk on the beach and onto the fireworks cruise? I just can’t decide on a restaurant having never been there, and I know as soon as she sees the yacht, she’ll know something is up. Should I propose before we board and use the yacht as a follow-up surprise? Or go with my original plan and propose on the boat during wishes, even if she knows its coming?

And any input on dinner plans? This girl is the love of my life, but absolutely impossible to surprise so I just want to blow her away.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. sorry if this isn’t where this post should go- it is literally my first day on DISboards!

I would tell V&A that you plan to propose. I think they might be a little more flexible. Does V & A seat in sets of people like Cinderella's Castle, or do people trickle in. What time is the yacht cruise? Maybe....they would be flexible too. I would talk to someone higher up in restaurant management. Seriously, it doesn't hurt to ask, and if Disney is as magical as it claims, they will move a mountain to make it happen. NOT for a birthday, but for a proposal, maybe. Don't lose hope. Just update us on what they/you are doing.

If fireworks is what you want, they can give you dinner on the Yacht. Your selections are a bit limited, though based on what the boat can accommodate.

Dinner on the yacht sounds like a perfect idea, if you can get it. Then you could propse during Wishes like you had planned. Or I agree that V&A might be a little flexible if you tell them about your proposal. definitely worth a try. Congratulations. I'm sure your GF will love whatever you do.pixiedust:

If it was me Id like a pre proposal dinner at narcoossees so you can watch the castle while eating then the cruise and pop the question during wishes! That would be amazing! She is VERY lucky !! Congrats Please post whatever you decide! Good luck!!!

:welcome:

It will be so magical however you do it. I would try and call Disney to see if they had any flexibility and if not, ask them if they have any good ideas.

Thanks for the welcome and warm-wishes everyone :) Sounds like everyone is in agreement to call Disney, so thats on the list! I went ahead and made the ADR for Citrico's, I can always cancel.

Julluvsdisney: i've heard great things about Narcoosees, but GF is allergic to seafood, and I think thats their go-to menu item right?

I'd looked at doing dinner on the yacht, but i know when she sees its for us she will know something is up. is that a problem? surprise-ruiner?

I really just want there to be an element of surprise.

and i forgot to mention, we are supposed to meet the yacht at the Grand Floridian docks at 7:30. I think V&As only takes 2 seatings, one at 5:30 and one at 8:30 if i remember correctly, and is supposed to be a 2.5-3hr dining experience.

If you feel you are a good enough actor, just casually walk by the yacht and say, "I wonder how much they go for", and have the captain or whoever, say, "Are ya interested? We just had a cancellation." Make it seem like it's their idea, not yours. Have her say yes, not you. Then carry on about the $$. LOL

If you feel you are a good enough actor, just casually walk by the yacht and say, "I wonder how much they go for", and have the captain or whoever, say, "Are ya interested? We just had a cancellation." Make it seem like it's their idea, not yours. Have her say yes, not you. Then carry on about the $$. LOL

I love this idea. But it could backfire if she says no. LOL Hopefully she won't. Let us know how it went.

Welcome to the Disboards and congrats! :love:

MrBeast said:
Thanks for the welcome and warm-wishes everyone :) Sounds like everyone is in agreement to call Disney, so thats on the list! I went ahead and made the ADR for Citrico's, I can always cancel.

Julluvsdisney: i've heard great things about Narcoosees, but GF is allergic to seafood, and I think thats their go-to menu item right?

I'd looked at doing dinner on the yacht, but i know when she sees its for us she will know something is up. is that a problem? surprise-ruiner?

I really just want there to be an element of surprise.

I hate seafood I always have the filet mignon yummy! Please update us on how everything goes!!

thanks for the ideas everyone! Getting the brain juice flowing!

We already have a hotel booked for the week, but I'd love to stay at the GF for the evening of our engagement. I don't mind paying for two hotel rooms, but would like to surprise her afterwards- we're staying in this beautiful hotel just the two of us! (since we will be vacationing with some friends and they are at the other location)

any ideas about how to pull this off? Can disney move our luggage from one hotel to the other while we're at dinner? Whadya think guys?

I think they can. The usual procedure is they move your luggage to the hotel, then to your room after you are checked in. My guess is that too many people moved rooms after they got to their room.

Oh this is so exciting! Go with what your gut/heart is telling you to do. Even if she suspects about the boat it makes it that more exciting waiting to see if she's right. The fireworks are great because every time you two see them it will remind you of your proposal. If only the photopass people could capture this for you two that would be the icing on the cake. If you're already in a Disney hotel they will move your luggage to another Disney hotel for you as we've done this before. Explain what you're doing to the hotel and see if you can get a late checkout instead of paying for two rooms. You could also have the Disney florist deliver something to the GF room waiting for y'alls arrival. Congratulations!

If you're having the Grand Floridian deliver anything, it should be the chocolate glass slipper dessert! Look at them on google images.

I would have dinner at either Citricos or Narcoossee's (the filet is good) and then walk along the beach and propose on the beach - then top of the evening with the fireworks cruise (have a bottle of champagne on the boat - if they can get it for you).

But congratulations and best wishes!

thanks for the ideas everyone! Getting the brain juice flowing!

We already have a hotel booked for the week, but I'd love to stay at the GF for the evening of our engagement. I don't mind paying for two hotel rooms, but would like to surprise her afterwards- we're staying in this beautiful hotel just the two of us! (since we will be vacationing with some friends and they are at the other location)

any ideas about how to pull this off? Can disney move our luggage from one hotel to the other while we're at dinner? Whadya think guys?

Congrats!! Your soon to be fiance is a lucky girl!

Disney may not move your things for you, but I bet your friends can! Talk over the situation with the front desk at the GF and at your other hotel, they may be able to issue an extra key for your friends to get your stuff from the room while you're at dinner. Then it's just a matter of getting over them over to the GF (cab would be easiest with luggage) and they can meet you in one of the bars for a celebratory drink.

If you want to really surprise her, propose after you finish! My DF was going to propose at the finish of the 2012 marathon, but got antsy and popped the question on New Years Eve. You'd either need to carry the ring or have someone pass it off to you at the finish, but it would be very exciting!

Plus, she'd have some bling to wear around the parks too while you have your medal on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter