Property Tax? Deed Acres/Calc Acres?

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
So today I went to pay property taxes and get the deed info switched to my name. The property belonged to my mom, she inherited it from her parents, and willed it to me. So I'm looking at the deed which states "2 acres more or less" and then I'm looking at my receipt with the property assessment $$ on it and notice it says: "Deed Acres - 2.00" "Calc Acres - 4.5". My dad says it's 4 acres. Why the difference? Were they that far off when they made the original deed back in 1976? And the Calc is what was figured when the county came out a few years ago and surveyed the properties again? I'm so confused.

I am definately going to have to get my dad to walk this off with me or have someone come survey it out........:confused3

Sounds like this (condensed version)

From July 1976

Start at old oak tree which is the northeast corner of -- tract. :confused3
and is the southeast corner of -- tract. Running in a generally northwardly direction with the west boundary -- Road, 585 feet more or less to an iron stake; thence in a generally westward direction 500 feet more or less to an iron stake located in the -- boundary line, thence running southwardly with -- eastern boundary line 485 feet more or less to an iron stake, this being the northwest corner of the -- tract, thence running with the northern boundary of said -- tract eastwardly 250 feet more or less to the northwest corner of said tract, thence running southwardly with -- eastern boundary 100 feet more or less to the northwest corner of -- tract, thence running with the northern boundary of the said tract eastwardly 250 feet more or less to the point of beginning (I guess I should end up back at old oak tree)and containing 2 acres more or less. :confused3

Okay so I found this

Calc Acres
The number of acres calculated from a map or survey, which may differ from the amount stated on the deed.
Deed Acres
The number of acres as given in the deed.

:goodvibes

So I have more than the deed states. I wonder if I should have the deed re-written/property surveyed out again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter