PROOF that WDW is trying to return to 'normal'...

Time flies. :faint:

You're telling me. He has the option to graduate this December and I am torn on if I want to "allow it". He was JUST my new baby and now he is 6'3, driving, and talking about leaving me for college. I am NOT ready.

I love fireworks, but well before Covid was a twinkly in bat's eye, DH and I were very soured on fireworks viewing in the parks. We watched HEA near the hub in Main Street (much as we had watched fireworks in the parks since we starting going to Disney in the late 70's) but this time it was different. The absolute CRUSH of humanity pressing in on us . The horror of trying to get out after it was over. We vowed then that we were done watching fireworks in the parks since Disney can't figure out a way to do it safely or comfortably.

Fast forward to "Covid-times" and I have no desire to stand or sit that close to other humans for a good long time if ever again. Luckily, as DVC owners at BLT we can always enjoy the show from TOTWL.

So, in closure...I am looking forward to fireworks shows being a thing again but now more than ever, Disney better figure out a way to do it that isn't a return to the "dogpile on Main Street".

Well, you were lucky to see what you did, and thank you for sharing!!

I love fireworks, but well before Covid was a twinkly in bat's eye, DH and I were very soured on fireworks viewing in the parks. We watched HEA near the hub in Main Street (much as we had watched fireworks in the parks since we starting going to Disney in the late 70's) but this time it was different. The absolute CRUSH of humanity pressing in on us . The horror of trying to get out after it was over. We vowed then that we were done watching fireworks in the parks since Disney can't figure out a way to do it safely or comfortably.

Fast forward to "Covid-times" and I have no desire to stand or sit that close to other humans for a good long time if ever again. Luckily, as DVC owners at BLT we can always enjoy the show from TOTWL.

So, in closure...I am looking forward to fireworks shows being a thing again but now more than ever, Disney better figure out a way to do it that isn't a return to the "dogpile on Main Street".
I don't mind the crush...I love people. Although nothing's better than watching from TOTWL while enjoying a Bay Lake Sunset or Seven Seas Lagoon. 🧉🍹

I don't mind the crush...I love people. Although nothing's better than watching from TOTWL while enjoying a Bay Lake Sunset or Seven Seas Lagoon. 🧉🍹
I kinda miss being crammed in a large crowd and am looking forward to it again haha. But I've never felt even close to uncomfortable watching HEA (or any fireworks) on any of my trips.

I'm with you - I was horrified with the mob for HEA before the closures, so much so that I never did see it from anywhere I could see the projections on the castle - I just can't handle crowds like that. I used to love Wishes, but HEA was a completely different animal.

I'm with you - I was horrified with the mob for HEA before the closures, so much so that I never did see it from anywhere I could see the projections on the castle - I just can't handle crowds like that. I used to love Wishes, but HEA was a completely different animal.
....I guess it's safe to say that you are probably NOT in this pic then:

enhance

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter