~Project Runway Season Season 8 Thread Spoilers Welcome~

Did anyone one else notice that Christopher went home and who was his helper?...Oh, yeah, Ivy! Coincidence? I doubt it!

Some fillets require tape to be stuck to the skin and the silcon bit. The ones that work without a bra certainly do. I understand you can use some various sprays (I think you can even use 3M photo mount spray.) but most women like double-sided sticky tape, and yes, I can see a young woman who is mortified that she needs fillets, even if she gets naked in front of people all the time, going to the ladies to put the things on.

When the accusation came out, my DH's reaction was actually "fake hooter tape" with a chortle.

Did anyone one else notice that Christopher went home and who was his helper?...Oh, yeah, Ivy! Coincidence? I doubt it!

DH and I both commented on it. I love how she said she believed in karma, because I think she was the one who got the taste of karma!

When did double-stick tape become against the rules? Both Laura Bennett and Nick Verreos's blogs went off about this being a stupid rule since it is a common thing to use on real runways. Someone mentioned that they had had problems with it on previous seasons - but I don't remember that. Can anyone remind me?

Remember the first "Models" season? Big throw down on the tape then. One of the models was accusing the other for using the tape.

Oh here it is...

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/mod...-blog/models-of-the-runway-sticky-tape-debate

oh April, I think because of her age she just couldn't let go of her own styling choices. They told her many times "color" Even before she starting sewing on the challenge Tim said you need to surprise the judges with color. She blew it & I am heart broken.

Kae

Michael C has definitely grown on me over the season. I'd prefer to see what he makes than a collection of black goth attire from April.

I'm happy with the final 4... except for Gretchen's personality. I could do without that.

A real Shocker of an eposode!

I am still baffled on the Judge's wow's over Michaels dress:confused:
And that he had NO clue what fabric it was:confused3

I knew something was up=when they never showed anything about Gretchen's outfit-a TOTAL disappointment-and her tears and comments of being tired of the challenges:confused3:confused:

I really dont think Michael will make it to the final 3:rolleyes1

oh April, I think because of her age she just couldn't let go of her own styling choices. They told her many times "color" Even before she starting sewing on the challenge Tim said you need to surprise the judges with color. She blew it & I am heart broken.

Kae

The good news is that she still shows in Fashion Week. So that people don't figure out the finals, they had a whole bunch of them create collections to throw off the spoiler possibilities. And her collection was probably my favorite.

I only wear black and I was sick of April's repeat of the same style! :lmao: I don't like Gretchen but she IS talented and deserved to be there. I don't doubt that Mondo will win, he is leaps and bounds the best there.

The good news is that she still shows in Fashion Week. So that people don't figure out the finals, they had a whole bunch of them create collections to throw off the spoiler possibilities. And her collection was probably my favorite.

I think she is just the cutiest girl & she is using PR as a learning & stepping stone op, so good for her. Was there any color in her collection?

Kae

I think she is just the cutiest girl & she is using PR as a learning & stepping stone op, so good for her. Was there any color in her collection?

Kae

Yep. If I am remembering correctly, she did a lot with a pinkish color and a lot of grays rather than just unrelieved black.

I thought the judges made the right decision with the top 4. But I thought it was a little too late to wait until the final challenge to give April the feedback that she's making the same dress over and over again. Maybe if she had heard it earlier she could have saved herself - but consistently she was in the top 3 and they never mentioned it. I was very shocked that she told Tim she was going to "take a risk" when he was talking about color and then sent out yet another black dress. If she had done anything at all differently she would have been in the top 4 - but she showed zero range the entire season.

I don't hate Gretchen as much as I used to. I think her revelations about her family and financial situation casts her in a different light. But she's still so full of herself it's obnoxious. Like when she made it in and she told the other 3 that she was glad the judges gave her a second chance "just like they gave each of you."

I thought Christian was a great guest judge - very articulate and constructive with his criticism. The contestants really seemed to respond to him better than Michael Kors who seems to be more interested in throwing out a one-liner.

This season, overall, has been pretty dull, design-wise. I think Mondo is a shoe-in to win. I can see Andy not making it to the runway by ignoring their warning to not do the warrior girl again. I'm not sure about Michael C. His final dress was heads above everyone else's, but I still have no idea what his aesthetic is.

I just don't get why Michael's dress is considered so far above everyone else. I feel like I have seen that dress (and even worn that dress) since the 70s. I love Mondo and even some of the others because they seem to be stretching towards new trends, rather than just the same recycled ones.

I thought Michael's comments about Mondo's creative talent were so sweet. He seems like such a nice guy and has shown incredible grace. That said, I'm not sure why the judges were so thrilled with his dress last night. Yes, it was beautiful and I love the way it flowed, but I thought the back was a little low for my taste. Maybe there was more detail to the dress that couldn't be seen on camera because of the dark color?:confused3 But I'm glad he made it to the finals.

Gretchen makes me ill. Her brown-nosing Tim Gunn is a little obvious,and her petty, mean, self-absorbed attitude throughout the season has been hard to watch -- even last night she was referring to Michael as an idiot and\or idiot savant. And her outfit last night was awful. I think they are keeping Gretchen around because she's a "personality". That's it.:sad2:

Mondo is terrific. I love his work and right now I think he's the favorite to win.

I thought the judges made the right decision with the top 4. But I thought it was a little too late to wait until the final challenge to give April the feedback that she's making the same dress over and over again. Maybe if she had heard it earlier she could have saved herself - but consistently she was in the top 3 and they never mentioned it. I was very shocked that she told Tim she was going to "take a risk" when he was talking about color and then sent out yet another black dress. If she had done anything at all differently she would have been in the top 4 - but she showed zero range the entire season.

I don't hate Gretchen as much as I used to. I think her revelations about her family and financial situation casts her in a different light. But she's still so full of herself it's obnoxious. Like when she made it in and she told the other 3 that she was glad the judges gave her a second chance "just like they gave each of you."

I thought Christian was a great guest judge - very articulate and constructive with his criticism. The contestants really seemed to respond to him better than Michael Kors who seems to be more interested in throwing out a one-liner.

This season, overall, has been pretty dull, design-wise. I think Mondo is a shoe-in to win. I can see Andy not making it to the runway by ignoring their warning to not do the warrior girl again. I'm not sure about Michael C. His final dress was heads above everyone else's, but I still have no idea what his aesthetic is.

Christian was AWESOME. I guess it helps to be on the other side to understand what they're going thru.

Speaking of Michael Kors did Michael C do an awesome imitation of him or WHAT???? :lmao: :worship::rotfl2:

http://tv.gawker.com/5664445/project-runway-finalist-mocks-judges-michael-kors-and-nina-garcia

Augh, I still can't stand her! I thought that comment was TERRIBLE! It's not like that was her first time in the bottom two, either! Remember her switch from "WE STAND BEHIND THIS COLLECTION" to "IT SUCKS. WE DID TERRIBLE." Such a two-faced, terrible, petty, mean-minded person. The others is the top four are far more creative and talented than she. The back of the jacket last night looked like she forgot to snip off the trim! The way it hung was just awkward.

I was happy with the final four - well except for Gretchen, because firstly, she is just mean and so self-absorbed, and secondly, her outfit was terrible. I liked April, but I do have to admit that when they showed a bunch of her designs on the screen at the same time, they all looked pretty much the same.

I like Michael C., generally like Andy's stuff although he does need to break out of the same type of design, but think Mondo should and will win.

April should have gone home the week she made the "diaper shorts". Gretchens last 2 outfits were terrible. I loved Michaels black dress. Though it looks simple, it's very hard to do that pleeting. I think the final 3 are still up for grabs, anyone could go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter