Production question

WDWRNTLK

Retirement goal - RN in the Magic Kingdom!
First let me say that this is not meant as a criticism! I'm genuinely curious about this, and not sure where else to ask.
I noticed the other day when I listened to the episode for the week, and immediately afterward listened to the best and worst episode that the volume was significantly different between episodes. The best and worst was much quieter than the regular show.
I'm assuming that both were done in the studio. So my question is, why would there be that much difference in the volume of the audio?
I'm intrigued by the mechanics of creating a podcast that goes out in both audio and video, but I have zero knowledge about it. I haven't had the pleasure of watching an episode, but I imagine the studio to be some crazy high tech playground!
As I said, I don't want anyone to think I'm trolling. I'm genuinely curious about the mechanics of the show.
Love the shows! And I'm always super excited for more content to keep me company in the car! A huge thank you to the whole team!!

A lot of times it's down to factors outside of the content creator's control. Hosting service compression quality, etc.

First let me say that this is not meant as a criticism! I'm genuinely curious about this, and not sure where else to ask.
I noticed the other day when I listened to the episode for the week, and immediately afterward listened to the best and worst episode that the volume was significantly different between episodes. The best and worst was much quieter than the regular show.
I'm assuming that both were done in the studio. So my question is, why would there be that much difference in the volume of the audio?
I'm intrigued by the mechanics of creating a podcast that goes out in both audio and video, but I have zero knowledge about it. I haven't had the pleasure of watching an episode, but I imagine the studio to be some crazy high tech playground!
As I said, I don't want anyone to think I'm trolling. I'm genuinely curious about the mechanics of the show.
Love the shows! And I'm always super excited for more content to keep me company in the car! A huge thank you to the whole team!!

I'll let you in on a little secret - it basically comes down to ears. Ryno is more hard of hearing then I am, so he tends to ride the main a bit higher than I do to get that level that sounds right to him. We do a bit of post as well to try to keep the sound uniform, but it is the equivalent of taking a picture that is slightly out of focus. You can use some tools to clean up and try to make it better, but you can only do as much as the source content allows.

I'll let you in on a little secret - it basically comes down to ears. Ryno is more hard of hearing then I am, so he tends to ride the main a bit higher than I do to get that level that sounds right to him. We do a bit of post as well to try to keep the sound uniform, but it is the equivalent of taking a picture that is slightly out of focus. You can use some tools to clean up and try to make it better, but you can only do as much as the source content allows.
Thanks Craig! I'm glad you didn't take my question wrong!
Ps- Roll through Cincinnati any time! I'll take you to Skyline and a Reds game!

Thanks Craig! I'm glad you didn't take my question wrong!
Ps- Roll through Cincinnati any time! I'll take you to Skyline and a Reds game!

I am going to invite myself!! I am from Cincinnati. Sounds like a fun time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter