Problems with Hotwire Savings Club

abt426

Mouseketeer
I joined Hotwire last week and ordered 4 WDW passes with rush shipping. After waiting 5 days for them to arrive I called to question why they were late. First they don't make it easy to call. I had to go through several phone menus none of which apply to people wanting info on orders. Then when I finally reached an operator she informs me that because of a problem with my billing address the order was never processed and my only option is to fix the address error and try for express shipping which she can't guarentee at this point because we are leaving on Friday. I asked why I wasn't informed about this problem so that it could be quickly fixed ( I had used a credit card which has a billing address different from my home address, but which I have used at several online stores like amazon without problem) and she told me that they do not inform customers of problems with orders. She stated it was their policy that customers keep track of their own orders and either call hotwire (not easy to do) or check their credit card charges to make sure that orders were fulfulled. Is it just me or does that sound a little off. I had used this company based on several positive reviews here and just wanted to warn people to follow up closely on any orders they make. Anyway I cancelled the order and now will have to do AAA passes because we are to close to departure date to try another ticket company.

Still this time next week I will be at AKL and not even this will bring me down !

:wave:
alena

I'm sorry to hear you had such trouble. We just ordered park hoppers a week ago and they came four days later, standard shipping. I would definitely use them again.

I'm sorry, too, that you had these problems. I made up my mind that I'd start calling after 5 days if I hadn't rec'd my order (used free standard shipping) and package came in 4 days. I'll use them again. I'm glad you didn't let it bum you out. I hope you have a wonderful trip! I'll be there Thanksgiving week.:wave:

Try www.ticketmania.com. If I remember correctly you can either pick up your tickets in Orlando or they will deliver them to your hotel. It's worth a try. :) Have a wonderful trip, I love AKL!!

Did any of you receive email confirmations for your orders? I ordered vouchers last Wednesday and Seaworld tickets the next day and expected some sort of heads up but nope nuthin' so far. Anyone know if this is unusual? Thanks.

Hi Jennifer,
I've been using HWSC for almost a year and have never gotten email confirmations for any of my orders. I've ordered over 10+ times and have always received them within a week, if not less.
Josette

Originally posted by jenjersnap
Did any of you receive email confirmations for your orders? I ordered vouchers last Wednesday and Seaworld tickets the next day and expected some sort of heads up but nope nuthin' so far. Anyone know if this is unusual? Thanks.

I just tried to place my first order and when I hit the submit button the page went white and said "page cannot be displayed" while a smaller window that said "order is processing" (or something along those lines) stayed open, with the little internet icon turning and turning. Now I can't get into hotwire's site at all. Am I the only one who cannot access it?

Kelly

This has happened to me too with hotwire, but I understand. It protects both them and you. If someone got a hold of your credit card number via spyware or something like that they could have all kinds of packages sent to any address they wanted. I love it when companies enforce this. I was almost a victim of credit card number theft via my american express but if you know AmEX they do not ship packages over so much money without contacting the card owner.

I hate that this happened to you so close to your vacation, but changing your address is a simple process online. It takes maybe 2-3 minutes. In my case with hotwire they didn't contact me either so I called them like you and immediately changed my address and my vouchers were shipped almost immediately. But I had plenty of time.

I ordered a large quantity of vouchers about a week ago and hadn't received them, or heard anything. Then when I got back from lunch today, there was a confirmation email stating that my vouchers were shipped on 10/28. That means I'm hoping to see them in my mailbox this evening since we're talking about $500 worth of vouchers. I just thought I'd let you know that evidently they do send emails, albeit late.

I was able to get through after a couple hours and get my vouchers :Pinkbounc ! Must have been a glitch with the website. Now we just watch the mailbox for a few days :earseek: !

I have ordered a total of four times now and never gotten an E-mail until yesterday, and it went straight to my spam folder. I was surprised to see it at all. At least I know they got my order this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter