Problems signing up for Mousesavers Newsletter

JudyS

Disney Lover, DVC Member, and Timeshare Fan!
Hi, all!

Ages ago, I signed up for the great newsletter from www.mousesavers.com

Well, for some reason, I am no longer getting the newsletter. :sad1: The last one showed up in February. I do not have a spam blocker, and my ISP does not filter my emails, so that is not the problem.

I went to Mousesavers and tried to sign up again, but it wouldn't let me -- it said that I was signed up already with that email address.

So, I tried to sign up with a different address, but the confirmation email never showed up. Again, this new email has no spam blocker, either.

I keep trying to find some way of fixing the problem, but all the Mousesavers newsletter sign-up page says is that the problem must be my spam blocker (which I don't have), and that if I have any problems with my subscription, I need to follow the link in the email that was sent to me in my confirmation email -- which I never got. There is a link to re-send the access code, and I've used it repeatedly, but nothing ever shows up. Again, I have no spam filtering, so that is not it.

I really want to sign up! What should I do? Does Mousesavers have any sort of help for people who run into problems? has anyone else had a problem lately with this?

I'm sorry you're having this problem. I can only tell you that it is DEFINITELY something with your ISP and/or some kind of software you are running (Norton Internet Security and Google Toolbar have various blockers built in, for instance).

Over 136,000 subscribers are getting the newsletter every month and the system I'm using works just fine.

Since you are not getting the confirmation e-mails, there is something "eating" them on your end.

A free Yahoo address will work fine. They don't delete any "spam." The newsletter may end up in the "spam folder" but you can click "this is not spam" and fix that for future months.

Sorry not to be more help, but there really isn't anything else I can offer.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Mary, wow, thanks very much for your very fast reply! :thumbsup2

I have my ISP set not to block anything sent to the addresses that I used for Mousesavers. I have spam protection turned off on my virus-blocker (McAfee), and I seem to be getting all of my other mail, including plenty of spam! :rotfl:

I do have Google toolbar, but I don't think it has a spam blocker, just a pop-up blocker. If it does have a spam blocker, I'd be happy to turn it off -- do you know how? (I went to Google's site, but couldn't find anything about spam blocking.)

However, I will try the Yahoo mail route if there's nothing else that can be done. I love your newsletter, so I definitely don't want to miss out on it. Thanks for all your hard work!

Just wanted to say that I double-checked with my ISP, and there is no spam filtering on my account.

It's occured to me that the problem may be an email "blacklist" somewhere between the server that sends out the Mousesavers newsletter and my ISP. Essentially, many mail servers on the web keep a list of internet domains that they believe have sent out spam in the past, and then block all mail from those domains -- sometimes just briefly, sometimes permanently until someone from the domain contacts them. If some server in the past had mistaken the newsletter for spam, all emails from the site could get blocked long before they reach my ISP, and I'd never know about it. I'm not sure that you'd hear about it, either, unless subscribers told you that their newsletter had stopped showing up. You may want to ask the site that sends out the newsletter (mailermailer.com?) to check if they are on any blacklists (also called DNSBL or RBL lists.)

Anyway, thanks for your great site & newsletter! :cheer2:

JudyS said:
You may want to ask the site that sends out the newsletter (mailermailer.com?) to check if they are on any blacklists (also called DNSBL or RBL lists.)

Nope. Trust me, I spend a LOT of time making sure the newsletter reaches as many subscribers as humanly possible. I'm very aware of blacklists. The MouseSavers Newsletter is whitelisted by all the major ISPs.

In addition, MailerMailer is a professional mailing list company and they work hard to prevent the lists they maintain from being blacklisted. They have very stringent guidelines to prevent spammers from using their services, for instance. They also have personal relationships with many companies that maintain blacklists (as do I) so that blacklisting problems can get resolved ASAP.

I get excellent reports from MailerMailer as to what bounces back and what doesn't, as well as other statistics on delivery. There is no pattern (i.e. people in a certain geographic area or on a particular ISP) that would indicate blacklisting is a problem.

The most common reason for non-delivery is that the newsletter was delivered to a spam folder and accidentally deleted. The second most common reason is that people subscribe at work or school, and the employer or university filters the newsletter as "spam" or "non-business-related."

I am working hard to keep things running smoothly. I have ONE recently hired part-time assistant and me. Period. Unfortunately I really can't devote more time to diagnosing individual newsletter issues without giving up my work on other aspects of the site. I appreciate your understanding.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter