Problem with Jambo room

carlbarry

DIS Veteran
Here's a first for me.
I'm at Jambo now, Deluxe Studio, Savanna view, overlooking Arusha Rock. Great location, great view.
Suddenly an industrial fan appeared outside my room, seemingly to dry carpet. I came back later to find two workers at the baseboard, who informed me that there is a leak in the room, they can fix either tomorrow, or wait until I check out Friday.
Then they left. Fan remains. Constant roar in the room from the fan (you can hear it way down the hall).
I received a voicemail, and went to the front desk.
They will move me tonight to a room all the way down the hall, at the much less desirable Uzima savanna. Or they will see if they can turn off the fan later, "but you own the resort, so you don't want it damaged."
Moving all my stuff, all my food, etc. is a pain in the neck and a big inconvenience.
I guess I might get flamed for asking, but does it seem they are handling this correctly?
20210113_182643_resized.jpg.

I would be frustrated too but they offered to move you. They cant do much more than that. Did you let them know your disappointment about losing that particular view? On the up side you get to see two different views now!

When our air conditioner went out in a kidani 2 bedroom, during the summer, we had to wait until the next day for them to fix it. Yep, being handled about the way mine was.

I would be frustrated too but they offered to move you. They cant do much more than that. Did you let them know your disappointment about losing that particular view? On the up side you get to see two different views now!
Yes, I told the front desk CM that the view wasn't as good, and the location wasn't as good. That's what got me . . . they're inconveniencing me, and the solution is to downgrade me! That's just not acceptable.

When our air conditioner went out in a kidani 2 bedroom, during the summer, we had to wait until the next day for them to fix it. Yep, being handled about the way mine was.
I also have a Wyndham timeshare, and Wyndham is miserable.
I was staying in Rhode Island, and they turned off the water in the unit for about 20 hours! They gave me a key to another room in a section on the same floor that did have water, so I could shower, move, or whatever I wanted.
When I got home I complained, and I was returned some points.
And oh yeah, when I complained, I was first told, "Well, they had a party for the inconvenience." Yeah, Panera Bread bagels the next morning. I replied, first, I can't eat those, and second, I don't have a Wyndham timeshare to stay in a place with no running water.

I would hope they do something to sprinkle a bit of pixie dust your way. I’ve had this sort of thing happen in the past and it’s a real damper on the trip.... especially when you only go every 1 or 2 years. In my opinion it’s not acceptable.

Last edited:
I would hope they do something to sprinkle a bit a pixie dust your way. I’ve had this sort of thing happen in the past and it’s a real damper on the trip.... especially when you only go every 1 or 2 years. In my opinion it’s not acceptable.
I saw a sign outside a Howard Johnson on the Irlo Bronson, $39.45 a night. AKL costs a heck of a lot more. It wouldn't be acceptable at the HoJo, and sure as heck isn't acceptable here.

Isn’t “all the way down the hall” a grand villa? 😂 Hope it all works out. I’d move and try the other savannah.

Isn’t “all the way down the hall” a grand villa? 😂 Hope it all works out. I’d move and try the other savannah.
A few years ago, long story short, I was at a studio at OKW, was there only an hour, and water was pouring out of the ceiling. They moved me to a 1 BR.
As far as moving, it is a big inconvenience. I have to pack up everything, clothes, food, purchases, lap top, and so on, then unpack, then pack again tomorrow night. That's not why I bought a timeshare promising a luxurious experience.

Some years ago we had something similar happen to us in a studio at VWL, except that when we returned to our room at about 10PM after fireworks, there was a fan IN our room to deal with wet carpet from a leak. A manager came down and when he saw what had happened, immediately moved us - there were no more rooms in the Villas so he moved us to the club floor in the Lodge for the remainder of our stay plus one additional night which we were fortunately able to take advantage of. Packing/moving, especially that late at night, was no fun, but I though the resolution was more than fair.

Yes, I told the front desk CM that the view wasn't as good, and the location wasn't as good. That's what got me . . . they're inconveniencing me, and the solution is to downgrade me! That's just not acceptable.

I am confused. Are they moving you to a standard view? If not, then it’s not a downgrade.

Frustrating, I know but these things happen, I think they are doing the best the can. I mean they didn’t cause the leak.

Sorry. I just don’t agree it is anything more than a maintenance issue and you are being given a different room if you don’t want to deal with the fan.

ETA. Saw fan is gone. Yeah!

I am confused. Are they moving you to a standard view? If not, then it’s not a downgrade.

Frustrating, I know but these things happen, I think they are doing the best the can. I mean they didn’t cause the leak.

Sorry. I just don’t agree it is anything more than a maintenance issue and you are being given a different room if you don’t want to deal with the fan.

ETA. Saw fan is gone. Yeah!
It's a downgrade in that I requested a room near the lobby. I have a room near the lobby, with a view of Arusha Rock; therefore, I see a lot of animals. They offered me a room much farther from the lobby and not as good savanna view. In effect, they are inconveniencing me, and giving me a room of lesser value to me. When I had the problem at OKW, they didn't move me from the upper floor near HH room I had to a ground floor non-HH room; they moved me to a 1 BR.
But the issue is moot, as the noise has ended.

Years ago we had a similar issue. We had a large family group and had booked three nights at the Grand Floridian Club Level in the main building. I had reserved 2 rooms but upon check in we received an upgrade to a 3 bedroom suite of rooms on the fifth floor. Wonderful!! When we went in the suite one of the bedrooms had 2 industrial sized fans running and we were told that they had cleaned the carpet and the floor wasn't dry yet but that they would be removed before we returned from the parks that night. Great.

Everything was fine until the next morning after we had all taken showers and getting ready to go to the parks I walked down the hallway towards one of the bathrooms and the floor was soaked, like squishy carpet wet. By the time a CM got up to the room the wet had traveled into the bedroom. After originally blaming us for not using the shower curtain it was discovered that the drain in the shower wasn't working and all the water was running along the floor outside of the bathroom. It had obviously started with the guests in the room before us. The hotel was completely full as it was Thanksgiving weekend and they gave us the option of moving to a value resort or combining rooms why they fixed the issue and dried out the rug again. All I remember was how bad the wet wool carpet smelled. We ended up sleeping on the couch in the living room (Not a pull out) and on the floor for one night. Because they had upgraded us Disney didn't feel the need to reimburse us anything. It's a good memory now of how I ended up sleeping on the floor at Disney's most expensive hotel!

Years ago we had a similar issue. We had a large family group and had booked three nights at the Grand Floridian Club Level in the main building. I had reserved 2 rooms but upon check in we received an upgrade to a 3 bedroom suite of rooms on the fifth floor. Wonderful!! The hotel was completely full as it was Thanksgiving weekend and they gave us the option of moving to a value resort or combining rooms why they fixed the issue and dried out the rug again.
Offering to transfer you to a value resort when you paid for the Grand Floridian was a lot of nerve.

Here's a first for me.
I'm at Jambo now, Deluxe Studio, Savanna view, overlooking Arusha Rock. Great location, great view.
Suddenly an industrial fan appeared outside my room, seemingly to dry carpet. I came back later to find two workers at the baseboard, who informed me that there is a leak in the room, they can fix either tomorrow, or wait until I check out Friday.
Then they left. Fan remains. Constant roar in the room from the fan (you can hear it way down the hall).
I received a voicemail, and went to the front desk.
They will move me tonight to a room all the way down the hall, at the much less desirable Uzima savanna. Or they will see if they can turn off the fan later, "but you own the resort, so you don't want it damaged."
Moving all my stuff, all my food, etc. is a pain in the neck and a big inconvenience.
I guess I might get flamed for asking, but does it seem they are handling this correctly?
View attachment 550013.
IMO, they handled it correctly. These things happen at resorts. They offered to move you to a room far away from the fan noise. That’s really all they can do.

We had a water leak issue at kidani when we were there the weekend before thanksgiving. I kept hearing a dripping noise in our master bathroom. I was out on the balcony and could hear the animal keeper calling someone to say that water was flooding into the red river hog pen area. We were the last room on the lobby level in pumba section (it’s an amazing 2 bedroom with a great view of all the animals because it’s right where they go backstage for the evening and feed them). After hearing that call I called the front desk and told them what I heard from the hog keepers and that we could also hear dripping in our room but saw no water. Well about an hour later they sent maintenance to check out our room and sure enough the water was dripping into the toilet room and had made a water filled paint bubble down the wall the the tile was wet in the corners. We were forced to move rooms at the last minute also and they literally moved us from the very end of the resort to the complete opposite end it too 15 minutes to walk to our new room. We were given no compensation as stuff happens. Water issues need to be taken care of immediately. Funny enough we are here at AK kidani now and ended up getting the same two bedroom room that we were moved out of last time and we were so happy as it will now become the room we request from now on when we stay in a 2 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter