Problem with buses/crowds? Qunicera celebration at CSR during our stay

krmlaw

DIS Veteran
I just read that Disney is offering a Qunicera (sic) celebration over Labor Day weekend, and the hotel for guests will be CSR. Im wondering how this might effect crowds and buses? Any thoughts?

Well there will be lots of people dressed very very nicely and I imagine it will be pretty hectic over there! We've been at Viscaya in southern Florida during these celebrations and it is gorgeous but almost like being at a wedding. The girls are incredibly beautiful, parents are all a twitter, photographers everywhere...... Just amazing.

It doesn't seem to me that it would be any better or worse than a regular convention. The activities will most likely be in the convention center ballrooms. How many people will actually do this? Quinceañera's are usually celebrated with families and friends and are planned years in advance. They are like weddings. I think you'll be fine.

It also looks like they do many activities at the park.

I guess the actual celebration will be off site, with CSR serving as the host hotel. Im very nervous about crowds.

Here is the link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/quinceanera/index

From that link and then a further one to another site, it looks like the celebration will be at Epcot and starts at 5:30 and then dinner and dancing after. Looks to last until midnight. They will have a private viewing of Illuminations which happens just about every night for different groups anyway.

There are two places where something like this could be held at Epcot. The Odyssey and the Millennium Building. Both places are no longer in regular service.

My very educated guess is that the party will be kept inside one of these buildings the entire night and the participants will leave to watch Illuminations from their own area.

Effect on Epcot? Nothing major. Effect on Coronado Springs? You'll see a heck of a lot more almost 15 year old girls and their families there.

This is a very serious thing for these girls and their families. Kind of like a "debut" back in the older days of high society.

Disney did a spot on this awhile back on their Royal Treatment. It took place in Epcot at the American Adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter