Private table

When you get to dinner on the first night. You can always go to the area where they do dining questions upon embarkation to ask about your table and if it was not granted ask if they can make it happen for you. Just refer to the navigator they give you at the port when you check in to see where you'll need to go to do this.

I figured it best to request a private tabke bc I have learned dinner goes quicker when you do not have to wait on other people and also traveling with a spoiled child. Figured no one wants to deal with that at there table. I am grammy and believe it or not I make him mind. Now my DD is another matter.

Last edited:

You can check at Dining Changes upon arrival onboard. They typically open at 12 or 1pm on embarkation day.

That's what we do. On our first cruise, our request had not been granted, so I was glad I checked in advance & was then able to get the change made before our first dinner.

Last edited:
We have requested a private table for our past several cruises. You will find out the first night but I have never heard anyone say they requested a private table and didn’t get it. Yes the tables are close, but it is still better for us then having to share one table.

We have requested private tables for our last 6 cruises - all late seating. We got it 3 times. 2 of those times we asked again on board with the head waiter after the first night and they were able to find us a private table :)

If even that far. Our table was maybe 6 inches from the one next to it on one of our Fantasy cruises.

Yep. Definitely not far enough to keep others from being exposed to a spoiled child (the OP's words about his/her child) who is acting up.

We requested and got our own table for our 2 Disney cruises (party of 3 seated at a 4-top). I guess we’ve gotten lucky because both cruises, in all 3 dining rooms, we’ve not had any tables near us. Could not have conversed with others even if we wanted to! These were on the Wonder and Magic, maybe tables are closer on the newer ships—we’ll find out next month! :dogdance:

We requested and got our own table for our 2 Disney cruises (party of 3 seated at a 4-top). I guess we’ve gotten lucky because both cruises, in all 3 dining rooms, we’ve not had any tables near us. Could not have conversed with others even if we wanted to! These were on the Wonder and Magic, maybe tables are closer on the newer ships—we’ll find out next month! :dogdance:

We have had the same experience. We have had a private table on 9 cruises (5 people seated at a 6 top) and never once been within inches of another table, always several feet. 7 cruises on the Magic/Wonder, 2 on the Dream/Fantasy.

We are one for two on requests for a private table. We found it incredibly relaxing to not have to People during dinner. This was on the Magic and we were never close to another table, it was always a square four top set with one chair on each side.

9 of 10 were solo seatings. Only one we shared was the first because we were unaware that we could request a solo table.

Agree with PP that it can be exhausting to "people" during dinner.

The main reason I want a private table is to have a quick turn around. I am not into sitting and waiting for people to show up late and having to wait longer then necessary. That just me.

Last edited:
We found it incredibly relaxing to not have to People during dinner.

This!!! I am not an 'extrovert," although I am very, very good at pretending to be one in real life ;) On vacation, I want to relax and comfortably speak with my family. When I want to be chatty, I'll hit up the bar scene. Plus, both kiddo and myself have (different) food allergies, which I'm sure is enough of a pain for a server at a smaller table.

How big are the tables? If we are a family of 4 on the Fantasy we would share with another family of 4, a couple? Last cruise on the Wonder we were a party of 7 so no sharing with strangers.

How big are the tables? If we are a family of 4 on the Fantasy we would share with another family of 4, a couple? Last cruise on the Wonder we were a party of 7 so no sharing with strangers.

The tables generally seat from 4 to 8 people. If your family of 4 includes children, and you are seated with others, it would likely also be a family with children. When I have traveled with just adults in my party, we have not been seated with a family with children. Disney often does a great job of matching families with similar ages of kids. My niece has a long-distance friend she has been close to for 8 years. They met as 7 years old on the Wonder when we were seated together in the MDR.

The tables generally seat from 4 to 8 people. If your family of 4 includes children, and you are seated with others, it would likely also be a family with children. When I have traveled with just adults in my party, we have not been seated with a family with children. Disney often does a great job of matching families with similar ages of kids. My niece has a long-distance friend she has been close to for 8 years. They met as 7 years old on the Wonder when we were seated together in the MDR.

Thanks! We don't mind being seating with other people, I just wanted to know what to expect. My oldest is very outgoing and makes friends everywhere (even if English is her second language) but my youngest is more shy so it might help her making friends outside the clubs.

The main reason I want a private table is to have a quick turn around. I am not into sitting and waiting for people to show up late and having to wait longer then necessary. That just me.

If you do end up sharing a table, just let your serving team know that you aren't "with" the other party and prefer not to wait for them. They'll begin your service when you arrive.

Enjoy your vacation!

We were on the opposite side. We felt a lot of pressure to be there early because our table companions were always there early and waiting when the doors opened. (And yes, we know there's a schedule, but I'm talking about getting there on-time at 5:45 or maybe being five minutes late vs being queued up when the doors open)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter