Printing out Boarding Passes: Why do I get this message?

poohbear2

<font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=
I have tried to print out boarding passes for the last few trips that we have taken. When I went to Delta site, I got the message that I couldn't pre-print them and I had to go to the airport to check in. Why would I get this type pf message? Is it because I have children checking in with me? :confused3

Did your reservation change after you bought it? I got that message when I cancelled my niece's seat on a reservation for USAir last year.

Well, Delta made some minor adjustments to the flights. I had purchased the tickets way in advance so the times ( I'm not sure if the actual flight numbers) changed.

Do you have alot of people on your reservation? I had 8 people on mine and I was not allowed to do it online. I think the max was 7.

A portion of all people who try to check in online will be "kicked" out of the system and told to check in at the airport. This is part of new FAA guidelines. This happened to us on our trip down to MCO last year. We got a message saying everything was in order, but we must complete our check in at the counter in the airport. No big deal.

Duds

Happened to us on our return trip from WDW last August. Turned out my whole family (4 of us) had been selected for "extra screening". We got through just fine though.

This also happened to me. I was able to print out my son's boarding pass, but not mine. When I called Delta I was advised that I had been picked for extra screening. This has only happened to me on Delta Song. I've since flown JetBlue and have had no problems checking in online. I've heard from friends who travel alot that if you travel the same airline route alot during the year (which I do, BDL to MCO) and also don't check baggage (which I don't) you pop up on the airlines radar screen. I don't know this for sure, but it seems plausible.

The airlines usually only allow BP to be issued for a certain percentage of the seats. The rest of the seats are held back for assignment at the gate. It gives them the ability to accommodate families and allows them to leave so of the better seats open for preferred passengers that book late. If you book late it's also possible the flight is overbooked and there aren't any seats available. Obviously this applies to airlines/flights that don't hold back seats.

Previous posters are correct, some pax are rejected for security screening issues, either random or because you, or someone with a similar name, is on a watch list.

Someone in your party has a name that is the same as someone on the FBI/TSA Watch list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter