printing on 12x12 paper?

Blueeyes101817

DIS Veteran
My printer will not hold 12x12 paper..is there anywhere i can go to be able to print on 12x12 paper or am i just out of luck?
If it matters, im just putting a lyric on the top of the page and a lyric on the bottom
I have no idea with this stuff, so thanks for any help you can give.

My printer won't either, but what I generally do is find a contrasting or complimenting paper and print onto it, then cut it out with fun scissors. It highlights the text a little more on the page, though.

I'm not brave enough, but you could try handwritting it, or using sticker letters.

You might also take a second piece of the same paper and cut it down to fit in your copier, then paste it on, hopefully the edging won't be too noticable.

Sorry, I know this isn't much help, but maybe it'll give you some ideas to build on.

This is what I've done to print on 12x12, even though it won't fit into my printer.

1) Cut sheet down to 8.5x12

2) Print whatever it is I want on the page

3) Fit page back together

4) Cover seam with ribbon, strip of paper, or some other embellishment to cover over where paper had been cut

Thanks for all your help..

I wont be using any ribbons or anything..this is a project i am making for my brother , using pictures of a family friend that died a few weeks ago..
I am trying to keep it simple...
Basically along the top i want to put "look for the girl with the broken smile"
then i went to add the pictures
then at tne bottom "she will be loved"

Thanks very much! ill work on it this weekend!

What about a strip of card stock, either a contrasting color or another shade of the same color? I guess another idea, if you really don't want to cut/piece the paper back together again, is to print your phrase on white paper then find a copy center that has copy machines that can handle 12x12 and have them run it through for you.

Short of actually going out and purchasing a printer that can handle 12x12 I'm not sure what else to suggest. Good luck and let us know what you finally decided to do.

P.S. - I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your family friend.

My printer does a nice job with vellum. The softer color would give a calm, peaceful feeling for a memorial page. Be aware that adhesives can show through the vellum, though. I usually attach it with brads, eyelets, or corner covers. Good luck with your project.

thanks everyone! ill be working on this the next couple of weeks and will let you guys know what i end up doing!

I second the vote for vellum. Perhaps you can chalk it to match the paper used underneath. You can soften the edges by tearing it too.

what settings are you all using for printing on vellum? I tried to do this for a swap and the words were feathered so I couldnt use them. Is there some trick or specific vellum I should be using?

TIA,
Kellie

I just ran my vellum through my printer - so far I haven't had any problems and I didn't change any of the settings ...

disneyfreakk said:
what settings are you all using for printing on vellum? I tried to do this for a swap and the words were feathered so I couldnt use them. Is there some trick or specific vellum I should be using?

TIA,
Kellie
It's been a while since I printed on vellum, but I believe to get the best results I changed the paper setting to transparency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter