Princess Weeks, May 12-25th

BevS97

disney scrapper
I just got an email about Princess Weeks, which are running for the next 2 weeks - it sounds ideal for little girls, lots of extra meet and greets, princess face painting and a princess parade, but not much chance of me getting somethign booked up at such short notice, which is a shame.

Bev

I am heading to Disneyland Paris from 18-22 May, so we will be there for Princess Weeks, which is fantastic. Trip is booked since February, so we were just lucky. My 7 yr old niece is going to be with us, and she is seriously into her pinks and frills, so Princess week is an added bonus to our hols.

She can't wait to check out the Princess Shop in Main St USA, which has been put into the former Bixby Bros?? store according to another web-site (http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/index_e.htm) The only problem is which outfit to buy??? :confused: :earsgirl: She's working on me to allow her get two :eek: We'll see.

Anne Marie

we'll be there on may 20 and 21 and attedning the Princess event in Fantasyland, that allows us to have character breakfast with the Princesses, we are looking forward to it.

We are having a Character Breakfast at 8 am on May 19th, but I don't know yet where it is. We are staying in the Cheyenne. I was at a Character Breakfast in WDW, Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary in 2000 and it was a wonderful experience. It was my niece's 5th birthday and we got the cake, and everybody sang Happy Birthday to her, as well as the Celebrate song. She never's tires of looking at the video!

Anne Marie

Just got back a couple of hours ago from DLP princess week - will gather my thoughts and begin trip report soon. Feel free to start firing questions.

Alec:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I note on DLP official site that next week is Princess week too, and that's when we're going.

Thank goodness our 3 children are all girls !!!!

Where would the best place be to see the parade?

Many thanks

We found the best view and least crowds at the end of the parade route near main street station.

The parade starts at 4.00pm and it is about 20 mins before it reaches this area. We found early in the week it was very quiet with no real need to camp out much before 3.45pm. However at the end of the week the best spots were staked out earlier.

If you want to do the Princess photo / greetings in the park I would advise checking the times/locations on the park guide and arriving early as long lines were common for these character greetings. Even worse sometimes lines didn't form at all and a lot of 'scrums' of irate parents and disappointed children were left pushing and shoving for photos. We were asked to complete a survey one day as we left the park and rated this aspect very poor - the cast member then told us he 'd had the same comment from dozens of others so hopefully they are working to improve the supervision of the character greetings.

Hope you enjoy your trip

regards

Alec

We are also just back from Disneyland Paris. For the Princess parade we found an empty bench (there were several) at the back right corner of Le Theatre du Chateau (C2 on park map) outside Arcade Omega (D1 on map). It was very quiet in this area, even during the parade.

One evening by chance just before park closing at 8pm, we were walking back from " it's a small world" and just near Fantasia Gelati (c19 on park map) there were about 10 different characters signing autographs and only about 5 children around with various adults. This was great as there were about 2 characters per child! They had loads of time to interact without any pushing or shoving (which made a change). Tigger was there, and Rafiki, Friar Tuck, Flora and Fauna and several others.

Anne Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter