Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

does anyone know if Men are allowed in corral A, I know before for the women centered races we weren't. Not that I would even be assigned A, but I was thinking of asking Runner relations to move me up based on my marathon time if I get put in further corrals because I'd like to get as close to the 2:00 pacer as possible - otherwise I will have to do my own pacing and that won't go well.

I believe 2017 was the last year men weren’t in corral A and didn’t have any placements.

You can try at RR, but be prepared for them to say no. Almost always when they make a change it is because of an error. Additionally MW falls outside the POT window. But worth a shot.

I believe 2017 was the last year men weren’t in corral A and didn’t have any placements.

You can try at RR, but be prepared for them to say no. Almost always when they make a change it is because of an error. Additionally MW falls outside the POT window. But worth a shot.
Yeah, I'm not expecting they would per se, but hoping they make exceptions if I explain the pacer issue, etc. Worth a try

I know exactly what you mean. Been slow to recover from Dopey too. I'm sure I'll be fine for Princess but wish I was a bit better prepared.

I am very tired. I am just doing the 10k with a friend and probably doing as much walking as running, but I haven't jumped back into regular running yet. I always have trouble getting back into routine after races, but once I force myself to I don't have trouble sticking to it. It's just the starting that's hard. Haven't slept too well since Dopey either. Last Princess I didn't train at all (I often take a break in the winter) and I had sore legs at mile 1 when we did a bathroom stop, we waited 10 mins and my legs locked up. So at least I think I'll be better off than that!

Thank you for making me feel less alone. My 11 miler only ended up being 9.5 miles and I had to walk half of it. I think I started worrying about pace and took off too fast, so then my feet hurt and I couldn't breathe for the rest of the miles. I was actually listening to Good for a Girl by Lauren Fleshman today (It's SO good) and I had a little come to Jesus meeting with myself. I am going to start having fun running again. I've been so focused on getting to Dopey and finishing it, I think I stopped enjoying it. Then as soon as I started ramping up again for Princess, I started worrying about pace again. I'm going to take it easy and have fun, like I used to. The pace usually takes care of itself when I do that.

I was swept from the wine & dine half- no proof of time so I was in corral e. My pacing was ok with Galloway run/ walk until I had to stop to use bathroom super quick and after that I saw the balloon ladies and got in my head because my heart rate wouldn't stay down and was soaked from rain. I got swept at mile 11- was still proud as it was first official half and I had run 14 at home 2 weeks before. Long story short I was already registered for princess half and determined to try to do better however I sadly got covid last week for 1st time from the gym trying to train (we have been super covid cautious due to my asthma so I know this is where it came from). Paxlovid has helped me but have been told not to run for at least 10 days once asymptomatic due to my asthma and potential of covid to cause cardiovascular issues. I've sadly had to make my peace that getting swept might happen again- of course going to give it my all but really was an anxious wreck last time so maybe feeling more at peace with it and just trying to have fun is a better idea.

My question is has anyone done a race or run Disney shortly after recovering from covid? I know my health is most important so trying to be ok with whatever happens.
I did my long runs for Dopey training while sick with Covid and another with Flu A on separate occasions. It made the healthy runs feel super easy 😂

My training for Princess post-dopey has certainly taken a hit. I've been dealing with some hip pain since the fall and finally got in to an Orthopedist to take a look. He diagnosed me with early onset arthritis in my hips and torn labrums in both. So.... yay?

Still coming up with a treatment plan but it will most likely involve PT, anti-inflammatories, maybe some steroid injections. I'm still planning on running Princess though. Priorities!

I am going to start having fun running again. I've been so focused on getting to Dopey and finishing it, I think I stopped enjoying it. Then as soon as I started ramping up again for Princess, I started worrying about pace again.

I hear you.

They really don't like to settle on a time for the queue opening lol. W&D was what 7 AM? Then MW was 8 and now 8:30.

They really don't like to settle on a time for the queue opening lol. W&D was what 7 AM? Then MW was 8 and now 8:30.

I'm pretty sure that Wine and Dine was 7:30 and Marathon Weekend was 8:30.

It seems like runDisney is trying to thread the needle of giving people who get the first spots enough time to get the Expo, but not having a ton of people hanging around before the doors open.

Either way I will be on a plane at 8:30 so I will have to take what I can get.
Same here. We land somewhere between noon and 1 and based on MW I have pretty low hopes. Do I start spamming the join queue button when we are still in the air in case we are within 45 miles? :rotfl: Luckily I spent so much at MW that I almost hope there's nothing left for me to buy to save some $.

My training for Princess post-dopey has certainly taken a hit. I've been dealing with some hip pain since the fall and finally got in to an Orthopedist to take a look. He diagnosed me with early onset arthritis in my hips and torn labrums in both. So.... yay?

Still coming up with a treatment plan but it will most likely involve PT, anti-inflammatories, maybe some steroid injections. I'm still planning on running Princess though. Priorities!
Feel better soon.

Same here. We land somewhere between noon and 1 and based on MW I have pretty low hopes. Do I start spamming the join queue button when we are still in the air in case we are within 45 miles? :rotfl: Luckily I spent so much at MW that I almost hope there's nothing left for me to buy to save some $.

I was in WDW for W&D and it wasn't that bad at all. I got my VQ when I landed and I was called back about 3 hours later. There was still plenty of merch left.

I'm predicting it'll be similar for Princess, in the sense that it won't be a repeat of the MW madhouse.

ETA: but DH and I will still be on our phones at 8:29;59 ;)

On the bright side I only want some pins so hopefully those last. My plan is to join as soon as possible. I am scheduled to land between 9:30-10.

I was in WDW for W&D and it wasn't that bad at all. I got my VQ when I landed and I was called back about 3 hours later. There was still plenty of merch left.

I'm predicting it'll be similar for Princess, in the sense that it won't be a repeat of the MW madhouse.

ETA: but DH and I will still be on our phones at 8:29;59 ;)
Perhaps I just had good luck when I went to the Expo on Thursday afternoon, but I believe that they had everything in stock in all sizes. Did you have a different experience at the MW Expo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter