Princess Storybook @ Akershus?

Mischa

Disney Dreamin'
We've never been and I was thinking about making reservations for the breakfast. Is it worth it? What do they serve (and most important) is it edible?

Thanks!

Went last year with the whole family, and everyone loved it. The food was normal breakfast fare, and the character interaction was great- not to mention the beautiful location. We really enjoyed the experience!

We had a great breakfast here. You start off with the buffet, it had (trying to remember here) pastries, cheese, fruit, breakfast stuff. Then they put a hot family style plate on your table with eggs, potatoes, meats, etc.

It was really, really nice to see the princesses this way and to eat a good breakfast. (I figure you cannot screw up breakfast!) You meet Belle in her yellow dress at the entrance (this is the photo they try to sell at your table) then we had aurora, snow white, jasmine and mulan circling the room.

We've had breakfast at Akerhaus several times now. We try to go every trip and just love it. The character interaction is great and for 1/2 the cost of CRT, it's a total win!
Breakfast starts with a cold buffet. You serve yourself a variety of fresh fruit, bread/pastries (butters, jellies & spreads too), and a couple of cold meats. Breakfast is served "family style". For our party of three, we got a large platter of scrambled eggs, bacon, link sausage, breakfast potatoes, etc. We could have more of anything, if we wanted but we didn't need it. Last week we were greeted by Belle at the door. Other characters came to our table: Aurora, Mary Poppins, Jane (from Tarzan) & Mulan. DD was most excited to see Jane, since neither of us had ever seen her out int eh parks or at breakfast. DD told her, "I have both your movies. They're just great!

Sorry, I only have the fruit picture here at the office.
PSB_fruit.jpg

For just DH and I? No, it is not worth it. When we took our 2 nieces we did the 8:30 am first seating and it was totally worth it. They did not eat but a bite so food wise it was a waste but to see the three year old go into an excited fit when Ariel popped out and fawned all over her...PRICELESS!

FYI...DH ate his weight in food to make up for the girls not eating and he liked the food alot.

Oh it is definitely worth it. I loved the pastries there. Sooooo good.

Thank you all so much for the great reviews! I will definitely get ressies for this for our next trip.

I tried to get ressies for November (my girls' only trip) but I was too late - all booked. :sad2: But that's what I get for calling so late. Oh well! But I think DH might enjoy it (at least the food part he should).

:thanks:

We are going in Dec and made reservations for the Princess Breakfast at Akershus at 10:10am on 12/09. We are looking forward to it. :thumbsup2

We looooved Akersush for lunch. I had the pasta(best I had over 13 days of the DDP) and my DH and DD had there meatloaf and they devoured it. We were hesitant because of the menue but it was our best meal ever.
BTW-we were first going to have BF but were told that Areil is only in her ball gown for lunch and dinner and my girls really wanted to see her so we swiched.One of the best disscions ever!

Everyone in our family loved it. The food at breakfast was great. One of our better meals during the week. The interaction with the princesses was great also.

My DD's loved it. We had an 8:30 am (I think) ADR. It was sooo cool to walk through the park when it's that quiet. We got some great pictures withi no one in the background. We saw Belle in her yellow dress (this was th photo op) and the photographer gladly took a pic of each girl seperately, as well as one together and didn't mind us taking one as well. Also saw Aurora, Jasmine (DH's fave) Snow White, and Mulan. The interaction was pretty quick. Just a quick remark, pose for pics, autograph and they were off to another table. Mulan was the best, so sweet, took the time to talk to the girls about their matching "uniforms". The food was good. We eat a light breakfast and recieved refills on the fruit twice and on the other stuff as well. This is on the girls must do list for next time.

We've never been and I was thinking about making reservations for the breakfast. Is it worth it? What do they serve (and most important) is it edible?

Thanks!

We had breakfast there last February and the whole family loved it. The character interaction was great and we loved the food as well. Hope you like it!

Thank you all. The place sounds fantastic and definitely alot of fun. I'm definitely going to have to try for the next time we go.

:thanks: :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter