Princess Power - September 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

QOTD: How are you going with getting back into the work/school routine?

Does it help you to work out or eat better or does it make it harder?

For those of you who have retired or are currently stay at home mums/dads ….

Do you find it harder or easier being at home more than working?

How does your partner or children going back to work or school affect your eating and workout routine?

Bonus Question: Are you one of those super organised people, share your hints with us so that we can learn how to fit it all in our busy days.

Quote of the Day

View attachment 191504

I really liked this quote because it reminded me of feeling lost about my weight issues and I found all of you on the DIS!

It's harder. We both work full time and I have 5 to 7 Mammy rule -I don't clean, wash, no tv, no cooking, no internet. My full attention go to my son. Which means after 7 I have to pre cook for the next day, do any work I need to do, workout and rest. It's hard but in my opinion worth it. I start work at 7:30 and finish at 16:00

lovely quote

I actually had a chat with 3 trainers in work re the last few pounds

trainer 1 advise - steady state cardio as walking, lower intensity in gym so you don't get super starving (I think this advise was best)
trainer 2 - you should eat less fruit and more fat to go in keto state as you will never loose fat if you eat a lot of sugar, even from fruit. Ahem... I lost 12 kg without doing drastic diets. You think going crazy and eating in way that makes me miserable is the way to go for the last few???
trainer 3 - I would love to measure your bodyfat, you look fantastic. last time I did that I was so upset at the result (and I was lifting much heavier) that I gave up. This was September 2014 just before my Orlando holiday. No! I have enough numbers to track my progress.

It's like history repeating itself as I was super good until September 2014 and it all went downhill after. I got my hair cut and it was horrible. I was so upset, it didn't suit me at all or anyone over 25 really. I had to get hair-straightener to try to make it less crazy. It ruined my confidence on all magic photos.

I went to cut my hair last week in one of the best hair saloons in Dublin and surprise surprise ... same guy. I felt like getting up and running away but I didn't. I should have really as it was so unpleasant but decided to give him a second chance with very specific instructions. It was ok in the end, my hair is ok. Little shorter and more layered but nothing crazy as last time

2014 September I was same weight as I am today, and I was working out and eating healthy (little too healthy you may say). I went to measure my fat % and didn't like the result. Felt so sad, and disappointed and gave up going to the gym and went very relaxed on my diet until we went to Orlando in October

I went in vacation mode month before holiday. I can't do this again
Orlando holiday 2014 - 16 days
Came back feeling post holiday blue, cold and rainy days with Christmas month ahead which is a lot of eating out and meet ups in Ireland.
I was up 2 kg after my Orlando holiday, 2 more by Christmas and so on. DH diagnosis in 2015 and mine it's vacation don't it doesn't count, or my lack of habit to search for healthy options while eating out lead to further weight gain.

In a way, my true challenge starts today. It feels scary and emotional, but also exciting as opportunity to show I really mean it

Sorry for the supper long post I feel the need to talk this morning. I have an uniform theme park dress, my favorite dress and you can see me wearing it all parks on my pics on facebook and my photobooks. It's getting like a joke but I kept washing it and wearing it all the time. It's getting too worn out and I found a replacement, size smaller on ebay. As it's 3 year old dress, I felt it's good to buy it and it's little snug...

But as this is princess month I feel it's perfectly ok to say I love my dresses, and want to look good in this dress in about 48 days so...

Have a healthy weekend all

The Dwarves initially decided Snow could stay with them to cook and clean for them and later came to care for her – even Grumpy. Snow did this whistling while she worked …..

screen-shot-2014-03-12-at-5-16-09-pm.png

Snow-White-001.jpg

It’s the weekend!! If you are anything like me most of my housework gets done on the weekend (hopefully). Housework/Yardwork burns calories; but just like with anything the more intensity you put in while you do it the more you get out of it. So calorie burning and a cleaner house win/win!! Check out this article to see how much you might be burning

http://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/many-calories-burn-cleaning-house.html/?a=viewall

QOTD: What is your weekend housecleaning routine, do you go it alone or do you have some little helpers like Snow’s animal friends? Or are you lucky enough to have a fairy godmother that does some or most of the housework for you?

How many calories do you think you will burn on housework this weekend or are you taking it easy - I thought somebody on here said it was a long weekend?

Just as Snow taught us music helps us work faster and can make it more enjoyable …..

Do you throw on some music and crank it up while working? What is your favorite housework soundtrack?

Quote of the Day

Snow-White-Disney-Quotes-624x349.jpg

Change of heart, I need you guys. From lurking I will move to participating. My goal is to do best I can every day to reach my goal. I don't want to give up so near and I can't put a number on it as the last 5/7lbs are sooo hard

My goal: I am 4.4 kg to my ultimate goal weight. I would love to lose it by the end of the year but this is not this month goal. I feel little worn out, and this month is to get my motivation back up, and do my best to move towards it. Even if it's just 1 lbs.
The Villains in my way: Old all or nothing type of thinking, getting disheartened with results are slow.
Help from my Fairy Godmother: Some of the Tony Robbins visualizations and motivation talks have been the little magic I need this time. This forum, my fitness pal, my activity tracker bunch of friends that I regularly chat with and are into fitness

Yeah - so happy you are back! I am going to pretend its because you couldn't resist the Power of the Princess :rotfl: I like that you are trying to be kind to yourself with that goal.

It's harder. We both work full time and I have 5 to 7 Mammy rule -I don't clean, wash, no tv, no cooking, no internet. My full attention go to my son. Which means after 7 I have to pre cook for the next day, do any work I need to do, workout and rest. It's hard but in my opinion worth it. I start work at 7:30 and finish at 16:00

Full time work is hard - I love your rule though - it is extremely important to being able to have that time with your son - especially when you haven't seen him all day!

trainer 1 advise - steady state cardio as walking, lower intensity in gym so you don't get super starving (I think this advise was best)
trainer 2 - you should eat less fruit and more fat to go in keto state as you will never loose fat if you eat a lot of sugar, even from fruit. Ahem... I lost 12 kg without doing drastic diets. You think going crazy and eating in way that makes me miserable is the way to go for the last few???
trainer 3 - I would love to measure your bodyfat, you look fantastic. last time I did that I was so upset at the result (and I was lifting much heavier) that I gave up. This was September 2014 just before my Orlando holiday. No! I have enough numbers to track my progress.

Isn't amazing the different approaches the 'professionals' take in relation to weight loss - but I like that you have really thought about it and worked out what is best for you. And I agree no point being miserable for the last few with a diet too restrictive - I think that might lead to short term success and you would see a slight bounce back when you resumed eating your fruit :confused3

I got my hair cut and it was horrible. I was so upset, it didn't suit me at all or anyone over 25 really. I had to get hair-straightener to try to make it less crazy. It ruined my confidence on all magic photos.

Some hairdressers! I have been there with a haircut I didn't like in the past also.

surprise surprise ... same guy

That is so random - glad to hear you were assertive with him about what you wanted.

I went to measure my fat % and didn't like the result. Felt so sad, and disappointed and gave up going to the gym and went very relaxed on my diet until we went to Orlando in October

I went in vacation mode month before holiday. I can't do this again
Orlando holiday 2014 - 16 days
Came back feeling post holiday blue, cold and rainy days with Christmas month ahead which is a lot of eating out and meet ups in Ireland.
I was up 2 kg after my Orlando holiday, 2 more by Christmas and so on. DH diagnosis in 2015 and mine it's vacation don't it doesn't count, or my lack of habit to search for healthy options while eating out lead to further weight gain.

In a way, my true challenge starts today. It feels scary and emotional, but also exciting as opportunity to show I really mean it

Sorry for the supper long post I feel the need to talk this morning. I have an uniform theme park dress, my favorite dress and you can see me wearing it all parks on my pics on facebook and my photobooks. It's getting like a joke but I kept washing it and wearing it all the time. It's getting too worn out and I found a replacement, size smaller on ebay. As it's 3 year old dress, I felt it's good to buy it and it's little snug...

But as this is princess month I feel it's perfectly ok to say I love my dresses, and want to look good in this dress in about 48 days so...

Its funny that you were talking about the approach of measuring/weighing etc that set you off course last time around - I read this article today that kind of relates to that http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/med...nt-what-you-think/ar-AAimx0B?ocid=mailsignout

You are much wiser now than 2014 - in how you questioned the advice of those 3 trainers.

Feeling pretty and rocking a dress is the best feeling!

Change of heart, I need you guys. From lurking I will move to participating. My goal is to do best I can every day to reach my goal. I don't want to give up so near and I can't put a number on it as the last 5/7lbs are sooo hard

My goal: I am 4.4 kg to my ultimate goal weight. I would love to lose it by the end of the year but this is not this month goal. I feel little worn out, and this month is to get my motivation back up, and do my best to move towards it. Even if it's just 1 lbs.
The Villains in my way: Old all or nothing type of thinking, getting disheartened with results are slow.
Help from my Fairy Godmother: Some of the Tony Robbins visualizations and motivation talks have been the little magic I need this time. This forum, my fitness pal, my activity tracker bunch of friends that I regularly chat with and are into fitness

So sincerely truly glad you are back with us as an active participant. It looks like you've done some thinking and soul searching and are ready for this!!

The Dwarves initially decided Snow could stay with them to cook and clean for them and later came to care for her – even Grumpy. Snow did this whistling while she worked …..

It’s the weekend!! If you are anything like me most of my housework gets done on the weekend (hopefully). Housework/Yardwork burns calories; but just like with anything the more intensity you put in while you do it the more you get out of it. So calorie burning and a cleaner house win/win!! Check out this article to see how much you might be burning

http://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/many-calories-burn-cleaning-house.html/?a=viewall

QOTD: What is your weekend housecleaning routine, do you go it alone or do you have some little helpers like Snow’s animal friends? Or are you lucky enough to have a fairy godmother that does some or most of the housework for you?

How many calories do you think you will burn on housework this weekend or are you taking it easy - I thought somebody on here said it was a long weekend?

Just as Snow taught us music helps us work faster and can make it more enjoyable …..

Do you throw on some music and crank it up while working? What is your favorite housework soundtrack?

Quote of the Day

View attachment 191727

My housework time tends to be very sporatic..... mostly because my schedule is sporatic. If possible, I prefer to get the majority of my housework done during the week so that my weekends are free for visiting DD, yard work/gardening, and errands. But when my weekdays are busy, I do clean on weekends.

For being as organized as I am, I do not have a plan or schedule for cleaning. I try hard to keep up with cumulative chores (dishes, laundry, picking up).... because those take a long time to get done if they let them pile up..... but non-cumulative (things that pretty much take the same amount of time whether you do them every other day or once every two weeks, like vacumming or scrubbing the shower) I can let go a bit. But I am a bit like the dog in UP..... all it takes is "squirrel!" to distract me! I may be cleaning the living room.... and I walk into the mudroom to put away a pair of shoes and see a box that needs to be recycled and suddenly I am sorting recycling... then sweeping the garage..... then pulling weeds near the driveway.... and an hour later the living room is STILL not cleaned!

I do have a "quick clean" system to help me not get distracted and not obsess about every bit of dirt, dust, clutter and grime. I set a timer for a specific amount of time and only allow myself that much time in each room.... so I don't usually end up leaving the room and getting distracted. If I am truly under a time crunch I do what I can in 10 minutes and move on. If I have a bit more time I allow 15 - 20 per room (including vacuuming or sweeping) and if I concentrate most of the time the room can get pretty much finished in that amount of time (other than the bedrooms.... mine is a disaster zone right now!).

Music.... sometimes. Frequently when I am doing a big meal prep I will put on a Disney Pandora station..... but otherwise I just throw on the tv for background noise and go.

Morning all! UP and moving today for a cleaning morning and then meeting DD halfway so that she can come home for part of the weekend! And DS should be home tonight..... so I can have my WHOLE FAMILY together AT HOME for one night!! I'm throwing meat into the crockpot for a shredded beef and broccoli (less time consuming than my regular beef and broccoli) so that I can have a warm meal that everyone likes ready and not have to spend too much kitchen time. And tomorrow I will make my lightened up broccoli cheddar soup.... we all love it. If DS is still here, great.... otherwise he will miss it. And if there are leftovers I can hopefully pack up a pint for DD to take back to school and a quart to leave for DH to have while I'm in California.

Fresh coffee is done.... so I'm off! TTYL....................P

ETA: Now 8:15 am and I'm on a roll..... stripped my bed and both beds in DD's room and started the washing.... kitchen floor, mudroom floor, and downstairs bathroom floor washed, beef in the crockpot for dinner, fridge partially washed out (thanks to the leaky beef roast :headache: ), front of stainless steel appliances polished, breakfast made and eaten. Next up.... making up DS's bed with fresh sheets (they were stripped and washed on Wednesday), remake DD's bed with her favorite sheets, and clean the kids' bathroom. Then I'll head out to meet DD at my mom's house.... hoping if I leave early I can get in a short visit with Mom!.................P

Last edited:

Because I've been a SAHM for the past 7 years, all cleaning is done during the week. In Jan I ended up with calcification on my rotator cuff and a frozen shoulder so I finally hired cleaning people to do the floors & bathrooms twice a month (best $100 I spend!). Thanks to that, I have a pretty steady routine of laundry, decluttering, etc based around when they come. Weekends are more downtime, family time, and some times marathon cooking. Today I need to get to the Farmer's Market and make our first official back-to-school meal plan. Planning to get in my run today too, but probably not til the evening.

Here's a start... I'll finish when I see what I can get at today's market
Sat - hotdogs or leftover meatloaf, salad, leftover potatoes and/or rice
Sun -
Mon
Tues - Farmer's Market Chicken, corn, salad
Wed - Shepard's pie (defrost GB before bus, put it together after work)
Thurs - Leftovers
Fri - I really want to make crab cakes - stop at the fish market on the way home from work, salad, ?

Thank you for the kind words @4Mickeys! It's definitely a one day at a time situation.

QOTD: I clean all by myself. I have a one bedroom apartment so I can "deep clean" the whole place in about 2 hours. I usually deep clean once every other week. And then light clean in the weeks in between. Oddly enough, I have no problems with cleaning my little apartment and I actually enjoy having it all clean. When I clean, I usually either have music or tv on for background noise. It depends on what I'm in the mood for.

---------

In an effort to restart my routine I weighed this morning and took pictures, which I haven't done in ages! I'm 6.5 pounds away from the goal I set for this month. 6.5 is a lot more lofty that what I was expecting so while that's my ideal goal for the month I'm going to reset for 4 pounds lost. So I'm at 0% this week but we'll see where it ends!

Today's goal is to meal plan, grocery shop, and go to the gym. I'm hanging out with a friend later and we are going to get dinner so I'm going request we go somewhere that I can make good choices.

Happy weekend!

I set a timer for a specific amount of time and only allow myself that much time in each room.... so I don't usually end up leaving the room and getting distracted.

Ok I like this - for me sometimes it is about getting started - so maybe if I set my self a timer to get started that could help.

I can have my WHOLE FAMILY together AT HOME for one night!!

Enjoy :-)

Today's goal is to meal plan, grocery shop, and go to the gym. I'm hanging out with a friend later and we are going to get dinner so I'm going request we go somewhere that I can make good choices.

Sounds like a good day with something nice to look forward to at the end of it.

make our first official back-to-school meal plan

You are off to a great start and have inspired me to get moving on mine!

I finally hired cleaning people to do the floors & bathrooms twice a month (best $100 I spend!).

I can see how that would be $$ well spent!

Ok for cleaning at my place I usually do a load of laundry or 2 through the week - the kids wear uniforms to school and we don't have one for every day - so washing is essential. As my kids are getting older they help (and when I say help I mean they have to lol - some days there is more complaining than others in particular from DD), the kids have to dust, vacuum and tidy their rooms and vacuum the rest of the house as well and dust their TV room, I tend to do the bathrooms, toilets mop the floors and my room (also a disaster site), we just seem to collect clutter that ends up on the dining table - so either DD or I usually have to sort and clear it off, dishwasher and dishes are mostly done by the kids but I need to get in their and clean the sink and the benches (they just can't seem to get that part of it down), I typically put the loads of laundry through the machine but sometimes get DS15 to hang it out/take it in. I get them to do the folding and I typically iron. So some weekends this works well and others well......

I tend to have the TV on - I don't have a stereo system anymore - when the last one died I couldn't afford to replace it and well other things have taken a priority expense wise since (but I do want another). So I used to put music on more but these days it is the TV - I like background noise but here's the thing I think the TV distracts me and draws me in if I walk past and see something, or hear it from another room I will stop to watch or I say I will just watch this and then do the bathroom .... but I tend to keep watching instead of cleaning :oops:

I would like to do more through the week and break it up a bit more .... but by the time I get home from work and cook dinner ... I am wiped out.

I don't get this as often now that we live a little further away from my parents and they are not passing out place on their way somewhere - but this week my parents came out and Mum did the washing for us on Friday and Dad was bored while she did that and vacuumed and mopped the floor for us. DS15 is supposed to mow the grass (which he hates - I think he will live in apartment when he grows up lol) but my Dad has been sneaking over lately and doing it through the week while we are at work/school. So my parents are our cleaning fairy godmothers sometimes.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend - Its already Sunday morning for me. Time to get DS15 breakfast so he can go to work, start a meal plan myself Oh and it is Father's Day here in Australia - so we will be doing something with my Dad - not sure what yet.

checking in to say HELLO to everyone - the Disneyland 10k was ~awesome~! I ran into @MommaoffherRocker as we rounded the Matterhorn and briefly chatted while we made our way to Fantasyland before she zoomed off to the finishline. :) I'm saving my energy for tomorrow's race... 13.1 magical miles.

I'm the official apartment cleaner for the two of us, though the cats like to think they help. And by help I mean knock things over and get in the way :P

I didn't realize how sexist and outdated that thought process was for Snow White. "You can stay with us if you do the chores". It makes me laugh!

Not that many! M
Saturday morning - we let the cleaner in and need to get out for 3 hours as she doesn't like us around!
Either my husband plays tennis, I take our son to football and swimming after or I go to the gym, shopping and he takes him for tennis I go to the gym & shops etc

We are fussy people, we like our coffee from little italian shop, meat fish from butcher, veggies fruit from another shop and general shopping too so some weekends we need to go to few places

It's about 14:00 by the time we come back and it's usually little downtime and the person that was on football duty may go to the gym, or meet friends etc. Lunch is usually between football and swimming

Sunday half day food prep, half family day we do something but today I have charity event in the gym and I will go to that. My husband will take our son with him to tennis.

Weekends are busy but if I need to figure out 3 hours of cleaning we won't get much downtime. I lead fairly modest life, I don't go to spa days or facials or get my nails done but my cleaner is my sanity keeper. She is lovely lady and manages a lot more a lot better then what I would manage for 3 hours. She is very slim thought she must be burning a lot of calories!

my weekends are active but not with cleaning

checking in to say HELLO to everyone - the Disneyland 10k was ~awesome~! I ran into @MommaoffherRocker as we rounded the Matterhorn and briefly chatted while we made our way to Fantasyland before she zoomed off to the finishline. :) I'm saving my energy for tomorrow's race... 13.1 magical miles.

That's fantastic - so you're burning lots of calories this weekend! Good Luck tomorrow hope you achieve the time you want :cheer2:

I'm the official apartment cleaner for the two of us, though the cats like to think they help. And by help I mean knock things over and get in the way :P

I didn't realize how sexist and outdated that thought process was for Snow White. "You can stay with us if you do the chores". It makes me laugh!

Such helpful kitty cats you have .. I know when I researching about Snow White - one description said she was DELIGHTED to cook and clean for the dwarves!! Interesting how much the thoughts of that time are captured in these movies - back then I suppose subtly - or maybe not so - influencing young girls to dress pretty to clean the house for her man or in Snow's case men! Despite these shortcomings I still have a soft spot for Snow White though.

Weekends are busy but if I need to figure out 3 hours of cleaning we won't get much downtime. I lead fairly modest life, I don't go to spa days or facials or get my nails done but my cleaner is my sanity keeper. She is lovely lady and manages a lot more a lot better then what I would manage for 3 hours. She is very slim thought she must be burning a lot of calories!

Good for you .... if I could I would but I can't so instead I like to think my kids will know how to look after themselves when they leave home eventually (but sometimes I still wonder lol).

Good morning all! I had my dinner with my family of four last night, but that was it.... DS was anxious to get back to school. I'm delighted that he is happy there and making friends.

But DD is right next to me right now.... and that makes me so happy. This is the longest she has been home since at last May. Today will be all about getting ready for California.... making some clothing decisions, packing, etc. DD also has some homework and she has to finish up her presentation for the conference, so I will probably do some cleaning while she does that. We also plan to get in a NICE LONG WALK.... both to get exercise AND to get our walking feet ready for DISNEYLAND! Weather is perfect for it today!

Making broccoli cheddar soup for dinner and hoping to make a big enough batch to have leftovers to leave for DH for next week and to pack up a few pints for DD to put in her freezer.

TTYL..........................P

View attachment 191725

View attachment 191726

Quote of the Day

View attachment 191727

We have someone come in and clean every two weeks, but in between my wife and I share the duties. I probably do a bit more of the cleaning, while she does a bit more of the cooking. For some strange reason, we both do our own laundry - it's weird, but that's just how we always did it... I'm assuming it isn't that way in most households. I do the yard work, she puts away the dishes most of the time.

Speaking of yard work, I just finished my Sunday morning 6 mile run and now it's time to mow the lawn. We ended up losing our game Friday after being up 9 in the 4th quarter. Tough loss to handle and I did a little comfort food eating yesterday because of it - had three pieces of pizza. I forgot how good pizza is! My weight is still down overall for the weekend, so no worries.

Last edited:

I feel the same about our cleaning people. I don't have them do everything, but the 2 hours they put in would be about 6 hours of my time!

Successfully started week 5 of the C25K, stopped at my father's to water the plants and feed the cats (had to work out a loop that had me in my cool down when I got to their house - tricky bc they only live .7 miles away, I definitely ran in circles). ILs are coming for dinner (a rarity that happens maybe twice a year, even though they only live 15 minutes away) so I need to get cooking an amazing meal - roasted chicken, corn, green beans, potatoes, & salad - all from yesterday's Farmer's Market YUM. I have 5 random apples left, think I might make a quick apple crisp too.

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I don't usually post pictures of myself with my face visible but I felt I look good today in the gym (les mills event). I did bodypump and yoga. I thought you know what, I will be happier if I stay this weight forever, than if I go on trying some mad diets to get to lower weight. I will just keep doing what I have been doing.

This is me before yoga class (bodybalance), age 38 I was surprised I can still do the sitting lotus position

Came home at 2 and I have been cooking for the week ahead. I feel super prepared! Roast chicken fillets, chicken bhuna with a lot of veggies, chicken thighs with sirarcha, pre chopped veggies for salad, made zacchini noodles (courgettes in Europe), cauliflower rice, pre measured oats for breakfast in work, took my son to buy him football boots, running shoes and all sorts of sports gear he need for his activities.

Now I need to clean up the kitchen after myself and enjoy few hours of doing nothing.

Last edited:
Ye

Its funny that you were talking about the approach of measuring/weighing etc that set you off course last time around - I read this article today that kind of relates to that http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/med...nt-what-you-think/ar-AAimx0B?ocid=mailsignout

Y!

Just read the article. It's great reminder that the main goal is to live a happy life, eating mostly healthy and being active constantly and not a number on the scale. It was definitely what I needed to read and remind myself and I will share it with few friends.

I feel calmer now, less interested in weight loss but very happy with the change in lifestyle so I will continue with behavior goals. I won't do silly things

I love the princess theme, absolutely! I feel more girly now (compared to last year) and I even changed Belle as my princess on my Disney profile. It was Mrs Incredible before

Last edited:
@HappyGrape - I understand reticence to post too much online - but it is great to put a face to the name - Thank you :-) And you look amazing and I love this shot of you living your healthy life! You look great by the way - but I think the thing I like best is the action shot of you living healthy .... hmmmm maybe you gave me an idea for sometime later in the month lol.

I am happy that the article helped you - it was just such a coincidence.

Hi everyone and happy Sunday! Just woke up from a 5 hour nap after the Disneyland Half Marathon - what an amazing experience! A year ago today was the Disneyland 5K (my first race as a new me) and I could barely run it. This weekend I managed to do 19.3 miles and kept up my usual pace with Rock n Roll races... so I'm very happy. I loved running through Disneyland and Angel Stadium - you got to run on the field! No complaints. It was an amazing race weekend and other than feeling exhausted... I FEEL SO AWESOME :D

While I've had some "down moments" the last few weeks with work, running the race this weekend helped get my mind back in order and I feel like I am starting to get over whatever it was holding me back mentally.

If anyone wants to do a Disney race, I think this is the one. However the challenge was a ... challenge. I woke up this morning with everything hurting. We've decided from now on (other than Princess 2017) that it'll be either the 10K or HM. Not both LOL.

View attachment 191725

View attachment 191726

Quote of the Day

View attachment 191727
I keep telling myself I should do one room a night, then the weekends would be free and clear. But it's a good week if I at least get laundry done during the week. I live alone so there's no one to help with chores and no one else has to trip over my stuff when I don't get it put away.
This holiday weekend I'm spending on household chores. I've done a couple passes on the craft room, sorted thru clothing and spent most of today on the basement. I've made two trips to Goodwill and have another trip staged for tomorrow. It feels good to get things cleared out.

Last edited:
Hi everyone and happy Sunday! Just woke up from a 5 hour nap after the Disneyland Half Marathon - what an amazing experience! A year ago today was the Disneyland 5K (my first race as a new me) and I could barely run it. This weekend I managed to do 19.3 miles and kept up my usual pace with Rock n Roll races... so I'm very happy. I loved running through Disneyland and Angel Stadium - you got to run on the field! No complaints. It was an amazing race weekend and other than feeling exhausted... I FEEL SO AWESOME :D

While I've had some "down moments" the last few weeks with work, running the race this weekend helped get my mind back in order and I feel like I am starting to get over whatever it was holding me back mentally.

If anyone wants to do a Disney race, I think this is the one. However the challenge was a ... challenge. I woke up this morning with everything hurting. We've decided from now on (other than Princess 2017) that it'll be either the 10K or HM. Not both LOL.

Wow you almost did 4 times as much distance in that year. You should feel AWESOME that is a huge achievement! Also glad to hear your are feeling better within yourself to!

I keep telling myself I should do one room a night, then the weekends would be free and clear. But it's a good week if I at least get laundry done during the week. I live alone so there's no one to help with chores and no one else has to trip over my stuff when I don't get it put away.
This holiday weekend I'm spending on household chores. I've done a couple passes on the craft room, sorted thru clothing and spent most of today on the basement. I've made two trips to Goodwill and have another trip staged for tomorrow. It feels good to get things cleared out.

I get what you mean about the no-one to care if you don't pick stuff up - Whilst I have the kids I don't have another adult complaining at me so I tend to let things slide as well.

Good Morning Friends - some of our friends have posted some very inspirational examples of living their healthy life this weekend :banana::banana:

snowwhite4.jpg

The Poison Apple! It looks so deep red, big, juicy and delicious that Snow just can’t resist taking a big bite that causes her to fall unconscious.
So let’s talk about food that is deceiving …. Those foods that we think are healthy but are deceiving us. Look at the Evil Queen in disguise waiting for her to eat it … I got to thinking she could be a representation of the modern food manufacturers that are filling our foods with hidden sugars, additives, food colourings etc. that are part of the cause of some of our modern day health and weight issues.
What foods have you eaten or are still eating that we typically think of as healthy but have hidden poisons (eg. Sugar, calories etc) in them??
Bonus question: What alternative have you replaced that ‘poison’ food with?

Quote of the Day

706f4db1e963f3b2d3bbaf8a0d9a8bd7.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter