Princess Power - September 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

4Mickeys

DIS Veteran
Greetings friends this month we spend some time with a few of the Disney Princesses.

6359154351812196381412368953_635837628574916858-1093532109_disneyprincess (2).jpg

We will use some of our favourite Princess Stories to help us on our healthy journeys. Just as many of our Princesses went through transformations in their stories we are all striving to transform ourselves in our very own life stories. Don’t worry if you are one of our male friends - we will also hear from the men in our Princesses’ lives!

My name is 4Mickeys and I will be your host for the month of September. I will be here to help you whistle while you work, let it go, wish upon a star or find a whole new world!

Everyone is welcome to participate - so whether this is your first month, nineth month, or hundredth month... jump in and get moving with your goal. You can join us at any time and begin the first step of your journey to a better you! We're a positive bubble of pixie dust - all encouragement and no drama.

It's up to YOU to set your goal for the month. You can check in as little or as much as you'd like. All I need from you is a progress report before the Monday of a new week. I, as your host, will post your percentage progress report so you can see how you're ranking with the rest of the group.

The more you put into this - the more you will get out of it.We will also have daily discussion topics to build a sense of community. You can chat about Weight Watchers, My Fitness Pal, Disney, Recipes, Walking, Disney, Running, Coaching Moments, and of course ... Disney!

If this sounds fun - then this is the place for you. Nothing is off limits.

As something special this month our Princesses will share with you a Quote of the Day that hopefully will give you a lift and inspire you on your journey this month.

Last edited:
This month we are CHALLENGING ourselves to make real PROGRESS on this journey to be slimmer and healthier. Participating is EASY! All you need to do is decide on your goal (5 pounds off, maintenance mode, 10K steps a day etc) and devise a PLAN to reach that goal.

Share your progress with us along the way and watch the color of your name change throughout the month!

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL
1% -10%
11% - 20%
21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%
71% - 80%
81% - 90%
91% - 99%
100% OR MORE!

It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan, and to report your progress either here on the thread or through a private message every weekend - I'll accept progress reports anytime Friday through Sunday, but will try to update the list of participants every Monday morning.

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals!

NOTE: I am posting from Australia - so I will use your Eastern Time to post, I think that is the easiest way. So when I am posting at 7pm on my 1st September that will be your 5am 1st September – hope that makes sense. This way it should be there when you wake up (depending how early you rise haha). Then you can chat amongst yourselves for most of the day while I am sleeping and then I will jump on when I wake up and it will be the end of that day for you guys and I can see what you have all been up to and have a chat!

:Now is the time to join in on the challenge and become a "Princess, Prince or Favourite Villain or Friend"!

Here is the official list of our WISH "Princesses, Princes, Villains or Friends" for this month's challenge:

@4Mickeys
@verleniahall
@MommaoffherRocker
@Flossbolna
@DVCFan1994
@dsnyfn1022
@HappyGrape
@courtneybeth
@kirstie101
@Lady Marie
@Zim
@piglet1979
@Dr Gunnie
@pjlla
@ski_mom
@Oneanne
@cmarsh31
@donac

Future Hosts - Is Your Name Here?

October: @Lady Marie
November: @MommaoffherRocker
December: @verleniahall

Last edited:

I am here! The thread looks wonderful @4Mickeys and I am excited to hear all the princess questions! I hope our male attendees are not too put off by the princesses!! :rotfl2:

Hi Everyone! I'm back! I disappeared mid June from that challenge and never returned...That you knew of :magnify:! I actually read along most of July and August. I just had some major life hiccups that kept me from being able to participate, so I stepped back. In mid June I had a severe hamstring injury. It totally took me out of running for 8 weeks >:(. The really annoying part was I didn't even do it running, I was moving a piece of heavy furniture but in an awkward position due to a sloped (dormered) ceiling and it was just the wrong position apparently. My kids were also home for the summer and the only way to stop the fighting is to keep them busy and mostly out of the house, so I just couldn't keep up. Throw in two weeks of vacation, one in July, one in August, and I just decided that I couldn't commit to participate fully in the challenges.

But, I actually had some long car rides here and there where I came and read how your months were going. Looked like you guys were having fun and keeping up the hard work, so congratulations for that. Holding my space for now, while contemplating whether to go big and try for a weight goal, or to ease back in by going for a goal that is more about getting back to more regular exercise pattern (cleared to run 2 weeks ago) and better nutrition. I am still at a healthy weight for my height, but when I left in June I was getting closer to my goal than I had been in months (middle of healthy weight range). Now, I am back to closer to the top of my healthy weight range again.

The worst part of my injury was the length of off time I had to take means I had to make the the tough choice to defer my first full marathon, which was supposed to be the Marine Corp Marathon in October. I am sad, frustrated and disappointed but know it was the right decision.

I will be away again this weekend, but after that, I promise I will do my best to keep up!

If I remember correctly we had some people running the DL races this weekend, @courtneybeth and @MommaoffherRocker I think? In case I don't get back before the weekend races begin, I wanted to say good luck and have fun to both of you and anyone else participating!

I'm in! I think I'm going to make this months goal a non scale one. I have some work issues going on that are impacting me emotionally (though they shouldn't, I know!) and its making the slow scale movement harder to take. This month my goal is going to be to get in all my training runs and log my food in MFP all days that I have cell service. We are going to the mountains this weekend so I wont be able to get on MFP for a few days. I want this month to be about good training for my Half on 10/2 and building good habits by tracking daily!

I'm in! I think I'm going to make this months goal a non scale one. I have some work issues going on that are impacting me emotionally (though they shouldn't, I know!) and its making the slow scale movement harder to take. This month my goal is going to be to get in all my training runs and log my food in MFP all days that I have cell service. We are going to the mountains this weekend so I wont be able to get on MFP for a few days. I want this month to be about good training for my Half on 10/2 and building good habits by tracking daily!

I'm sorry to hear that you also are having some work stuff that's impacting you emotionally. If you're still going to RNR San Jose I'd love to meet up with you! Maybe a pre-corral queue high-five. I'm going to get moved to the 2:45 start group, so hopefully we'll be near each other. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you also are having some work stuff that's impacting you emotionally. If you're still going to RNR San Jose I'd love to meet up with you! Maybe a pre-corral queue high-five. I'm going to get moved to the 2:45 start group, so hopefully we'll be near each other. :)
Thank you! I'm sorry you're going through something similar too.
We should definitely meet up! Sounds like we'll be in the same corral! I'll message you when waivers come out and let you know where I am placed and give you my cell so we can text!

Thank you! I'm sorry you're going through something similar too.
We should definitely meet up! Sounds like we'll be in the same corral! I'll message you when waivers come out and let you know where I am placed and give you my cell so we can text!

Sounds perfect! I'll move up to around your corral. Right now i'm in the 3 hour group but I like to go out the chute with the 2:45 group since i tend to run my first half stronger than the back half :P

Sounds perfect! I'll move up to around your corral. Right now i'm in the 3 hour group but I like to go out the chute with the 2:45 group since i tend to run my first half stronger than the back half :P
I'm 90% sure I put 2:45 as my estimated finish!

Join in again this month!! I'm going to aim for 8 pounds from whatever I weight in at tomorrow morning. That's 2 a week, not giving myself any leeway to make that the 100% mark! If I can do it, I'm treating myself to a wand at the Dark Side when we go in October! If I can't do it, then I only get the butterbeer... }:)

Update: weight this morning: 194.2 (If I don't add this I'll forget it!)

Last edited:
I will do the month of December

Great! Thank you - I have added you to the list :D

My Goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day

Sounds like a great goal - I don't think I have gotten to 10,000 myself yet - I have been close but wow it takes some doing (for me anyway).

Joining in for September! My goal is going be to lose 5lbs.

And I can take November :)

So glad your back! Good luck with your weight goal .... Thanks for taking November - I will add you to the list :D

I am here! The thread looks wonderful @4Mickeys and I am excited to hear all the princess questions! I hope our male attendees are not too put off by the princesses!! :rotfl2:

Great to have you back! You have been missed but totally understand you spending some time with your loved one :love:. I know I hope they join us, after all I know that at least DrGunnie has his own little Princess so he should be used to Princesses lol - and I promise to try and work some of our Prince's or Princess friends into the mix.

Hi Everyone! I'm back! I disappeared mid June from that challenge and never returned...That you knew of :magnify:! I actually read along most of July and August. I just had some major life hiccups that kept me from being able to participate, so I stepped back. In mid June I had a severe hamstring injury. It totally took me out of running for 8 weeks :(. The really annoying part was I didn't even do it running, I was moving a piece of heavy furniture but in an awkward position due to a sloped (dormered) ceiling and it was just the wrong position apparently. My kids were also home for the summer and the only way to stop the fighting is to keep them busy and mostly out of the house, so I just couldn't keep up. Throw in two weeks of vacation, one in July, one in August, and I just decided that I couldn't commit to participate fully in the challenges.

But, I actually had some long car rides here and there where I came and read how your months were going. Looked like you guys were having fun and keeping up the hard work, so congratulations for that. Holding my space for now, while contemplating whether to go big and try for a weight goal, or to ease back in by going for a goal that is more about getting back to more regular exercise pattern (cleared to run 2 weeks ago) and better nutrition. I am still at a healthy weight for my height, but when I left in June I was getting closer to my goal than I had been in months (middle of healthy weight range). Now, I am back to closer to the top of my healthy weight range again.

The worst part of my injury was the length of off time I had to take means I had to make the the tough choice to defer my first full marathon, which was supposed to be the Marine Corp Marathon in October. I am sad, frustrated and disappointed but know it was the right decision.

I will be away again this weekend, but after that, I promise I will do my best to keep up!

If I remember correctly we had some people running the DL races this weekend, @courtneybeth and @MommaoffherRocker I think? In case I don't get back before the weekend races begin, I wanted to say good luck and have fun to both of you and anyone else participating!

Welcome Back :-) Sorry to hear about your injury - moving furniture is tricky. Sounds like you have had a very busy summer.

Woohoo glad your joining us :D

it's my birthday month and while I won't commit to post & read daily, or to weight loss goal I will be lurking

Good Luck All

:cake::bday: Month to you! Hope you enjoy your day and get spoilt by your family. We will miss you but I know you will be lurking :thumbsup2

Hi everyone - I'm back for the month and will be participating! :)

Missed everyone. August wasn't such a good month for me mentally (just work problems) so I wanted to take some 'me time' and am back now to work hard with the Princesses. :)

You were missed Courtney, glad to see you back. Hope work gets better for you in September :hug: - work issues can make such a huge difference to our mental health.

Welcome back - I like non-scale goals for me they seem more about changing my life rather than just my weight. Another friend with work issues - and we spend so much of our time there it is hard for it not to affect us emotionally! :hug: Have fun in the mountains see you when you get back :-)

I'm in for September! Fun theme!!!!! I was lurking for the second half of August, but am ready to get it back together!

Yeah - so glad you are in! I am hoping hosting helps me get back into it in September also.

Join in again this month!! I'm going to aim for 8 pounds from whatever I weight in at tomorrow morning. That's 2 a week, not giving myself any leeway to make that the 100% mark! If I can do it, I'm treating myself to a wand at the Dark Side when we go in October! If I can't do it, then I only get the butterbeer... }:)

Great to see you joining in again Zim. Wow - I will do my best to help you with your goal - I hope you get that wand at the Dark Side :goodvibes

Okay - I running late now - I really need to start getting up earlier! See you on the 1st!!!!! :jumping1:

meet-and-greet-2.jpg

Good morning friends! Welcome to the 1st of September - Its the start of Spring for me and the start of Fall for you.

On our visits to the Disney Parks many of us have often lined up to meet the Princesses. But today the Princesses are waiting to meet all of you! If you haven’t already done so please introduce yourself, tell us a little about the land you are from, your goal, the villains that might get in your way or what your fairy godmother may have given you to help you this month on your journey …

Quotes of the Day

9d92ece7129789fec4fca0372a04a5ed.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter