PRINCESS Palooza 2011! 9/9 Update: Departure Day

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
OK, since last year's trip report sort of morphed into a pre-trip report for 2011, I decided maybe I should get this under way before it became this year's trip report too!

I'll start this one off the same way as the last one....... with a picture of our favorite Fairy Godmother. If you didn't read along on last year's trip report, take a moment to check it out:

December 2010: Don't Read this TRIP REPORT If You're a Princess Hater!

I detail our history with the best Fairy Godmother ever. And we were lucky enough to find her again this time:

Homecoming by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I am Janet and that's my daughter Katie, age 11.

Like every other trip we take, we didn't just make a plan and go with it. Anybody who has known me for long knows that's just not the way we do things here. No, there were schedule changes and cast changes along the way. But I was really happy with the final plan. My husband came along for the first 4 days, then Katie and I had 3 days to ourselves, and we met our best girlfriends for the final 2 days. It really was the best of all worlds.

We also have boys age 16 and 18 who :-)scared1:) shall we say.... don't care for Disney the same way we do.......... so they stayed home. OK, I'll say it. They're Disney haters. :sad: The 16 year old still had a week of school, including finals and an ACT to take in our absence. The 18 year old finished his first semester of college the day we left.

I've got my tickets for the PRINCESS Palooza 2011!

LOL! I hope you didn't pay over face value for the tickets.......:rolleyes1

And I'm loving your new signature BTW. You been out running that 60D through the paces yet?

LOL! I hope you didn't pay over face value for the tickets.......:rolleyes1

And I'm loving your new signature BTW. You been out running that 60D through the paces yet?

A few shots here and there. Some of the kids concerts and my oldest getting an award for National Honors Society (more parents being proud of their kids talk!!!). I am thinking of going to the Union Station to shoot tomorrow. I am off all week and have been taking the kids around using up some gift cards. There is a thread over at a Canon site where we are taking pictures of our hometown.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1124960

Some of them have invited me to go out shooting with them but I haven't had a chance yet. If you have any shots you would like to share you should come on over to the site. They also have a Disney thread under the Urban Life and Travel. Scott is over there (SrisonS) and some others that are contributors here.

I'm here and can't wait to read about all your adventures! I was at Disney some of the same days yall were, but never ran into you. Anyways, glad to be here from the beginning this time!

A few shots here and there. Some of the kids concerts and my oldest getting an award for National Honors Society (more parents being proud of their kids talk!!!). I am thinking of going to the Union Station to shoot tomorrow. I am off all week and have been taking the kids around using up some gift cards. There is a thread over at a Canon site where we are taking pictures of our hometown.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1124960

Some of them have invited me to go out shooting with them but I haven't had a chance yet. If you have any shots you would like to share you should come on over to the site. They also have a Disney thread under the Urban Life and Travel. Scott is over there (SrisonS) and some others that are contributors here.

Ooh... thanks for that link Mike! I need some inspiration for some hometown shooting! And your shots looked great in there too! :cool1:

I'm here and can't wait to read about all your adventures! I was at Disney some of the same days yall were, but never ran into you. Anyways, glad to be here from the beginning this time!

Too bad we didn't run into you. I loved meeting fellow DIS'ers on our trip and would have loved to meet you too.

I'm glad you're on board for this TR!

Glad I checked your thread...I am here! :cool1:

Hey Jen! :wave: Glad you made it over!

I had really hoped to have a complete trip journal done by now. I like to come home and get it all down while the details are fresh. But the computer issues really threw me for a loop. I'm happy to report I now have the first day done....... woo hoo! You kow, the airplane ride????? :lmao: Man, I better get my fingers moving..........

YAY! Looking forward to reading more and seeing more photos. :)

Hey Jen! :wave: Glad you made it over!

I had really hoped to have a complete trip journal done by now. I like to come home and get it all down while the details are fresh. But the computer issues really threw me for a loop. I'm happy to report I now have the first day done....... woo hoo! You kow, the airplane ride????? :lmao: Man, I better get my fingers moving..........

I know about that journeling. I try to write notes each day, but the last two trips I couldn't keep up. I think I wrote day 1 and maybe started day 2 and then the rest of the trip waited til lI got home and took a week or so to finish up. Heck this last trip, I don't think I ever finished up. LOL

YAY! Looking forward to reading more and seeing more photos. :)

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found us!

I know about that journeling. I try to write notes each day, but the last two trips I couldn't keep up. I think I wrote day 1 and maybe started day 2 and then the rest of the trip waited til lI got home and took a week or so to finish up. Heck this last trip, I don't think I ever finished up. LOL

For one trip, I had journaled nonstop for a couple days, but made the mistake of not saving it. Oops. Guess I won't do that again. I lost ALL of it when I had to shut the computer down with some problem. I don't think I ever got that one done. But I LOVE having that journaling done later when I start scrapbooking the trip.

I tried hard to keep notes. Every trip I say I'm going to. I think I have notes from ONE day of this 10 day trip. Oops. Time to go journal some more. Oh, and to save the file again!

Glad I found your new trip report. Can't wait to see more pictures from your trip.

Signing on to remain a somewhat loyal lurker again! I love the dresses you make for your daughter and all the fun character meets you do. Can't wait to follow along! :thumbsup2

Glad I found your new trip report. Can't wait to see more pictures from your trip.

Thanks! I'm glade you made it! :cool1:

Signing on to remain a somewhat loyal lurker again! I love the dresses you make for your daughter and all the fun character meets you do. Can't wait to follow along! :thumbsup2

No need to lurk. Jump on in, the water's fine! We don't bite....... well, not too hard anyway. :) I'm glad you spoke up this time!

Joining in! Can't wait to read more!

Hi Jessica! Glad you're along for the ride! :car:

Let's kick this trip report off with a little interactive fun.

I added a 32GB memory card to my growing collection before this trip. I do shoot RAW, so many of my files take around 23MB. But I had a bunch of other memory cards too. I didn't bring a computer to dump any files onto, so I needed enough cards to do the trick. In the end, I filled every card, then had to delete some less than stellar shots to make room for our last day at AK. I ended up putting 30 shots here, 50 shots there, 70 shots there. But I got the job done. Whew! Maybe one more 32 GB card next time just for good measure?????

Anyway.......... I started the trip on frame 3413. Anyone want to guess what frame number I ended the trip on?

I was glad to see that you started your new TR! Can't wait to hear all about it! :banana:

I was pretty good this time about the notes, during the trip I took time each night to write a quick note about what we did, not real detailed but it got the basics down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!