Princess overkill? Akershus and CRT on same day?

Afabena

Mouseketeer
Hi there - I currently have Akershus (PPO) and CRT (dinner) scheduled on the same day. I think my daughter will love it (she is 6 and has a laundry list of all the princesses she must meet while we are there), but I'm wondering if it will be overkill. Anyone ever done them on the same day, if so, any regrets? CRT is a must, so if anything I would drop Akershus - though I hate to give up a PPO.

I think some of the same princesses are at both. That would be weird in the same day. We did both on the same trip, but I think in one day it'd be too much.

If she loves princesses, why not? Just know you may see some of the same princesses and they probably won't be played by the same people. If you think that would lessen the magic for her, perhaps just do one.

For our upcoming trip with my 5-year-old daughter we're doing CRT, Akershus and Bon Voyage @ Trattoria, but for this same reason we have them spaced out on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I was concerned with overkill and her seeing the same princesses (look a bit differently) on the same day.

I would space them out. Too much food....

You do see Belle in her blue dress at CRT though (at least I remember I did).

I agree with scheduling them at different days. Keep the Akershus PPO. Then you can ride Frozen Ever After and meet Anna & Elsa at rope drop and then "rope drop" the World Showcase princesses at 11. (Mulan @11 then Jasmine @11.45)

It might be a little more manageable to do them on different days (especially for a 6-year-old), but if that's what she wants to do, then go for it.

To keep the "magic" real, go two different days. I took my granddaughter to meet Mickey at Town Square. We walked outside during the afternoon parade and right in front of her was Mickey. Told her it was magical. Never did believe me. She was six.

As PP said, if you meet two of the same characters, they might look a little different to her. Enough to ruin the "magic"? Maybe, but why chance it.

You all have validated what I was thinking - they will look different enough that she will notice. I am going to try and move things around to go on different days. I like the idea of going to see Mulan and Jasmine in the WS.

I did Akershus and CRT dinner on back to back days. But not on the same day.

Just by default being in WDW itself is overkill so I think you're fine. Do what you want to do. It's your money!

Added bonus if you split up the days--as Ariel (or whoever) approaches, you can, "Oh, hi! Do you remember meeting Jenny in Akershus the other day?" and the character will play right along. Once, Mulan told my DD that she was shopping with Jasmine in Epcot later, because "Jasmine finds the nicest jewelry!"

Added bonus if you split up the days--as Ariel (or whoever) approaches, you can, "Oh, hi! Do you remember meeting Jenny in Akershus the other day?" and the character will play right along. Once, Mulan told my DD that she was shopping with Jasmine in Epcot later, because "Jasmine finds the nicest jewelry!"

Great tip! I'm going to use this!

I would do them on different days. You will meet many of the same princesses (yet they'll be different looking people) at both which can be confusing for a 6 year old if they still "believe."

This way, the magic is spread out a bit for her!

There are also princesses that meet throughout Disney that you don't necessarily find at character meals (Mulan, Jasmine, Tiana, Merida, Elsa & Anna etc.) so she can meet princesses that way as well.

OMG thanks for that tip, that would make her day I’m sure.

I’m still torn about this - only because I’m worried I won’t be able to change the reservations to different days. I also have BBB set for that afternoon so I would need to change that too. We only have one Epcot morning, and I definitely like the PPO morning. This is DH and my kids first trip so I’m trying to make sure I have everything planned to a T

I’m still torn about this - only because I’m worried I won’t be able to change the reservations to different days. I also have BBB set for that afternoon so I would need to change that too. We only have one Epcot morning, and I definitely like the PPO morning. This is DH and my kids first trip so I’m trying to make sure I have everything planned to a T

Are you staying on-site? Asking because my dad and I essentially used EPCOT Extra Magic Hours to do the open attractions then headed over to Trattoria Al Forno for a "brunch" (great thing was no pressure to find transportation). I know it's hard giving up that PPO, but if you can't get another this is an alternate that might work for Akershus as well. You can even get in line to meet Anna & Elsa after Frozen Ever After (if that's something your daughter would like to do) before the park opens to general admission and then head to Akershus. Of course this hinges on you being able to use EMH.

Last edited:

This really is a fantastic thing to do. My daughter, who is now 9, still talks about the trip when she was 6, and Ariel "remembered" her from one day to the next. It REALLY made her feel special, enough so that she still remembers!

I would space them out. Too much food....

You do see Belle in her blue dress at CRT though (at least I remember I did).
Really? That’s awesome! She wasn’t there when we went but she’s my daughter’s absolute favorite (in her blue dress).

OP we did both but on different days. I actually preferred the PPO Akershus and will do that one again. My daughter, unfortunately, wasn’t as into CRT even though it was magical. She’d rather go to BOG dinner to meet the Beast.

Really? That’s awesome! She wasn’t there when we went but she’s my daughter’s absolute favorite (in her blue dress).

OP we did both but on different days. I actually preferred the PPO Akershus and will do that one again. My daughter, unfortunately, wasn’t as into CRT even though it was magical. She’d rather go to BOG dinner to meet the Beast.

Belle (blue dress > yellow gown) must have been in France (World Showcase) when I went to CRT. That's where I met her anyway. So I wouldn't bank on what princess you'll meet. You just never know their schedules. 😉

Belle (blue dress > yellow gown) must have been in France (World Showcase) when I went to CRT. That's where I met her anyway. So I wouldn't bank on what princess you'll meet. You just never know their schedules. 😉
Blue dress Belle is definitely better. We met her in France as well. As soon as we got to Disney our daughter insisted we meet Belle in her blue dress, so it was the first thing we did. Just would be awesome if she was somewhere else as well. We usually do Akershus for the nice photo with belle in her yellow dress. For well over a year now Belle is our daughter’s favorite princess and no one beats her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter