Princess Leia - one of the Disney princesses?

This made me think...is one thing that should come into DHS a character meal with Star Wars characters? Wouldn't they be able to charge the same ridiculous prices for a character meal with Luke/Leia/R2-D2/Chewbacca as they do to meet a bunch of princesses? I know I'd be more interested in the former!

That would appeal to the boys but as posted many times on "Why are there no real boy Character Meals?" threads. They can't wring the same amount of cash, over all, from boys like they do for girls.

Carrie Fischer was on a local radio station about a week ago and she was saying how she thinks it's cool that she is now a Disney Princess. I don't know how literally she meant it, but that when she was approached by Disney about how they own SW, they told her she is now a Disney Princess.

OK I need a true Star Wars fan to help me out, but is Leia really a princess? AKA the daughter of a King, Queen or Chief or married (no shacking up:thumbsup2) to a Prince.

Her birth mother was a Queen but, and this is where is gets odd, isn't that in her culture a one year elected position? Oh and don't get me started on her father. :darth:

Her title comes from her being the adopted daughter of Bail Prestor Organa and Queen Breha Organa. Does that count? :)

Sounds like your pretty up-to-date. Amidala was a "Queen" but it was an elected position of some sort. Leia is a "Princess" because her father Bail Organa was of the royal bloodline of Alderan (sp?). I don't think anyone ever got more specific than that. Her being a Princess has nothing to do with her birth mother being Queen.

Sounds like your pretty up-to-date. Amidala was a "Queen" but it was an elected position of some sort. Leia is a "Princess" because her father Bail Organa was of the royal bloodline of Alderan (sp?). I don't think anyone ever got more specific than that. Her being a Princess has nothing to do with her birth mother being Queen.

Adopted Father. I don't want to get into biological vs adopted and who is her real father, but the royals usually have a pretty strict definition when it comes to birthright and titles.

I brought up the Amidala being her birth mother for everyone who would bring up "But isn't her birth mother a queen? So its still ok." loop hole.

But then again I would assume all her records were blown up by her real father this guy. :darth:

Adopted Father. I don't want to get into biological vs adopted and who is her real father, but the royals usually have a pretty strict definition when it comes to birthright and titles.

I brought up the Amidala being her birth mother for everyone who would bring up "But isn't her birth mother a queen? So its still ok." loop hole.

But then again I would assume all her records were blown up by her real father this guy. :darth:

Well, you are right - "adopted" father, but there is no presumption that that invalidates her "Princess" title. You are going by the rules of England - who knows what some made-up rule on a planet long ago would've been. In addition, the adoption was secret, right? So, as far as anyone knows, she is the biological daughter.

It's all symeantics on top of being fictional. Whatever. She not going to be a Disney Princess in the sense that they'll be putting her on a T-shirt with Aurora and Jasmine.

skier_pete said:
Well, you are right - "adopted" father, but there is no presumption that that invalidates her "Princess" title. You are going by the rules of England - who knows what some made-up rule on a planet long ago would've been. In addition, the adoption was secret, right? So, as far as anyone knows, she is the biological daughter.

It's all symeantics on top of being fictional. Whatever. She not going to be a Disney Princess in the sense that they'll be putting her on a T-shirt with Aurora and Jasmine.

I would so buy that t-shirt lol.

The adoption was never a secret. How Bail and Breha chose to adopt Leia was kept a closely guarded secret. In Dark Lord: The Rise of Lord Vader there is a tense scene where Vader is at the Alderan Palace and wants to meet Bail's new adopted daughter.

As a die hard Star Wars geek, I'd love to see Leia and the rest of the Star Wars gang roaming around Star Tours but I won't hold my breath.

Giselle is kind of an interesting case, though... as she is not--and never was-- a princess.

No, she's never a Princess, although I actually think of her as one. And technically, since we don't know anything about her family, she could be a Princess. :confused3

Maybe we're too invested in these characters :lmao:

I wish you could still meet Giselle in the parks. Aside from Beast, she's one of my favourite Disney characters.

Disney_Princess83 said:
No, she's never a Princess, although I actually think of her as one. And technically, since we don't know anything about her family, she could be a Princess. :confused3

Maybe we're too invested in these characters :lmao:

I wish you could still meet Giselle in the parks. Aside from Beast, she's one of my favourite Disney characters.

Ooh me to!! I love Giselle!!

I would like to see Leia kept separate from the other Disney princesses personally. She just isn't the same type of character to me. I hope that they do something fun with the characters but keep Star Wars in its own little world.

Planogirl said:
I would like to see Leia kept separate from the other Disney princesses personally. She just isn't the same type of character to me. I hope that they do something fun with the characters but keep Star Wars in its own little world.

Me too. I just can't imagine them being together.

She and Mulan would totally kick major posterior.
Dragon here, dragon chopped, dragon fried. Done and done. :)

Now that Disney has purchased the Lucasfilm empire, we're all wondering if Princess Leia is going to be officially added as one of the Disney Princesses. I think it would be cool especially if they add Princess Leia and Queen Amidala. I'd like to take a picture with Princess Leia, especially is Disney let's her walk around the park in her slave bikini outfit with the hair buns. :cool1::darth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter