Princess half question!!!

boogabuzz

DIS Veteran
I was talking to someone recently that claimed she was supposed to do the Princess this year but had to cancel. She said she gave up her bib to someone else. Does Run Disney allow people who have to cancel to sell their spot. Certainly the 22k people signed up wont all show up for whatever reason. I have a friend and relative that would love to do it but waited too long to sign up. Is it possible for them to be able to buy someone else's spot? If so, anyone have a spots for sale? :)

Some races have a transfer program, but I don't think Disney does. I had to show my ID last year to get my bib. Now, there is a way that someone else can pick up your bib (I think they need a copy of your license), so I suppose the other friend could just pick it up with the first person's ID copy, then just use it. I don't think it is allowed, but I'm also not sure how they'd enforce it.

Hope that helps.

From what I understand is that if you do pick up someone else's bib and run the race in their place, they get credit for the run, not you. In other words, the time will show up with the owner of the bib's name associated with it, not the person that actually ran the race.

It's a way to run in the race, but you don't get any of the glory of finishing it.

I'm not sure how it works, but I know people sell their spots. As shmoogrrrl says, you do need to show an ID to pick up the bib. The other issue is that if the person you're buying from picks up their bib for you, Disney doesn't have your information on file in case there's some sort of emergency, medical or otherwise.

Hopefully some day they will implement a legal bib transfer policy...

They probably picked up the bib and sold it if they were local or gave it toa friend. Often serious runners will not hand the chip over however. This is known as ghost running in the DC area. I have a friend ghost running under someone elses name for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler coming up. Another friend of mine ghost ran the race last year without a chip since the runner was her friend and an elite runner as well they didnt want a different time associated with their name so she only transfered the bib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter