Princess Ashlyn's Birthday Trip - That's 2 For 2! September 2010 PTR (Started my TR!)

:banana::banana::woohoo::yay::banana::banana:

5 days!! How exciting!!!! And....OMG you will be at Disney World before you know it!! :thumbsup2

Great family pic w/ Mickey & Minnie! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Thanks for dancing with me! :) I am definitely excited but still have SO much to do these next few days! :scared1:

I think that pre-trip lull is pretty normal. Karen warned me it would happen because she experienced it, then when it happened to me I figured she must know what she's talking about. THEN I read other DISers talking about it so I think it's just par for the course. I'm glad the DVD and seeing Ashlyn get excited helped. :goodvibes (Including the kids in my countdown definately helped me- kids are just great for that aren't they.) :lovestruc

That's good to hear that the pre-trip lull isn't just me. :laughing: You're right, kids are definitely great for stuff like that. :cutie:

I'm so excited for you! It's SO soon now!!!

Amanda

Thank you so much! :hug:

Anyone else check out pictures and updates from the first MNSSHP party last night? A few people I follow on Twitter were there so I read their updates until I went to bed then caught up this morning. I can't wait! It's supposed to be good weather the day we go, so hopefully it will stay that way!

4 Days: I had planned a special Cinderella movie night to celebrate our reservation at CRT, but since so much has been put on our plate right now we're just going to be watching the movie. I'll do a proper movie night for Cinderella after our trip. :thumbsup2

Thing #4 that we are looking forward to is...

LUNCH AT CINDERELLA'S ROYAL TABLE!!!

IMG_4517.jpg

This will be our third time eating here. The first time was just the three of us in October 2009. Then of course we had to take my dad there in March 2010! And now we are able to take my in-laws! We've gone for lunch and dinner and both were great, but I like lunch better. I'm not really sure why, but the price difference definitely helps! :)

Even during our past trips when Ashlyn was unsure of the characters, she was good with the princesses. She's developed a new case of stranger anxiety (for some reason it grew while Aaron was gone those 2 weeks :confused3) so we'll see how it goes. She loves the atmosphere, though. I love this picture from our first visit when she was 1 year old. It's blurry and all, but I just love the look on her face. :cloud9:

22OctDiningatCinderellasRoyalTab-1.jpg

I was glued to the MNSSHP updates last night! It looks so fun and I'm very excited- I so hope it works out for you. :goodvibes Especially if Ashlyn likes the characters, there are just so many great characters at the party. :yay:

Cute pics as usual! I hope your in-laws enjoy CRT. :cutie:

I came across your TR from last March (i've been searching for TR's with little kids and yours is awesome) Then I saw that you had a PTR for September and got so excited! I am taking my son September 30-October 5th, and I've turned into a disboard junkie...for some reason, the more TR's I read about kids his age, the better I feel about what his reactions will be. He has already been once last December when he was 10 months old. He will turn 20 months the day after we get back from our upcoming trip.

I'm looking forward to your new PTR, and I have to tell you I love love love your daughters minnie mouse outfit from March. It is ADORABLE!!!

I was glued to the MNSSHP updates last night! It looks so fun and I'm very excited- I so hope it works out for you. :goodvibes Especially if Ashlyn likes the characters, there are just so many great characters at the party. :yay:

Cute pics as usual! I hope your in-laws enjoy CRT. :cutie:

That's true, there are so many cool characters at the party that you don't normally get to see otherwise! Who are you most looking forward to seeing?

I came across your TR from last March (i've been searching for TR's with little kids and yours is awesome) Then I saw that you had a PTR for September and got so excited! I am taking my son September 30-October 5th, and I've turned into a disboard junkie...for some reason, the more TR's I read about kids his age, the better I feel about what his reactions will be. He has already been once last December when he was 10 months old. He will turn 20 months the day after we get back from our upcoming trip.

I'm looking forward to your new PTR, and I have to tell you I love love love your daughters minnie mouse outfit from March. It is ADORABLE!!!

Awww, thank you for all the kind words! I know what you mean about feeling better about your DS's reactions after reading other TR's. I'm the same way. I'm going to try and start my TR soon after we get back. I'll at least post a quick update on here to let everyone know how it went. I'll be sure to say how Ashlyn reacted to everything in case I don't get to my TR before you leave. :thumbsup2 Ashlyn's 2nd birthday is actually the day after we get back from our trip!

My mother-in-law actually made the shirt from that Minnie Mouse outfit. :love: I'll be sure to tell her what you thought... I know she'll appreciate it! :)

That's true, there are so many cool characters at the party that you don't normally get to see otherwise! Who are you most looking forward to seeing?

We are really looking forward to seeing the Queen of Hearts. We just LOVE her! :love:

Have I mentioned how much I adore my husband? He's just so cute... Last night/early this morning he had to work so he woke up a few hours after Ashlyn and me. He made himself some breakfast, came into the living room, said "guess who's ready to go?" and showed me his breakfast...

IMG_5269.jpg

:love: AND he didn't think I was weird for wanting to take a picture of it (or at least he didn't say he thought it was weird). :lmao: I knew I married him for a reason. ;)

Haha SO cute about breakfast. I bet everyone is SO ready to go!

I loved reading that you cry at "it's the time of your life"...I was ready to cry just reading the lyrics! It's very overwhelming to think about sometimes! Disney is just so magical.

I'm jealous to read that everyone's been following the MNSSHP updates! I have been much too busy. I'm just relying on everyones TR's to give me the info!

As weird as it sounds, it was almost more touching that it wasn't a breakfast for me. He just had Disney on his mind. :lovestruc

Haha SO cute about breakfast. I bet everyone is SO ready to go!

I loved reading that you cry at "it's the time of your life"...I was ready to cry just reading the lyrics! It's very overwhelming to think about sometimes! Disney is just so magical.

I'm jealous to read that everyone's been following the MNSSHP updates! I have been much too busy. I'm just relying on everyones TR's to give me the info!

Oh my, I cry just reading the lyrics, too! :)

I was keeping up on the MNSSHP updates while Aaron was sleeping (since he had to go into work so late, he went to bed early to catch a few hours of sleep). Otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to catch what I did. I haven't been able to check out any TR's from that night, though. I need to get on that!! :rotfl:

Okay, so this has NOTHING at all to do with Disney, but I just had to share. :rolleyes1 Ashlyn just has the biggest heart and is so sweet. :cutie: Yesterday evening Aaron wanted to watch The Time Traveler's Wife since it happened to be on HBO. I started crying during one part (well, more than one part, but that's besides the point) and Ashlyn came up to me and patted my back saying "okay?" trying to ask if I was okay. :goodvibes It almost made me cry harder. :rotfl:

So moving back to Disney... I have never gotten Mickey Mail because we've never done a whole package deal (yet!). But I did get my Mickey E-Mail today with our hotel's address and check-in times and stuff! :yay:

3 Days: Holy no time, Batman! :rotfl: I still have so much to do! I'm going to be setting out everything else we need to pack today and Aaron will be packing everything tonight. :dance3: I wanted to do a fun little Disney game tonight, but there is still some schoolwork Aaron needs to do so we'll see if it happens. I still might do it myself just for fun. :rolleyes1 I was going to have us do an ABC Disney game where you have to list something Disney-related for each letter.

Thing #3 that we are looking forward to...

HAUNTED MANSION!!!

This is one of my favorite rides ever! Great detail and just so much fun! This is definitely a must-do during the MNSSHP if we go, too! The first time I rode the one at WDW I loved trying to find all the differences between that one and the one at DL. Oh, the first time we went, I had to show Aaron the statue of Mr. Toad in the pet cemetery and he thought it was such a cool detail not many people may notice. After that is when I think he really started to notice all the little details that are easy to overlook. :cloud9:

Ok so I am all caught up (28 pages or so was a lot to catch up on!). You are such a fun mom!!! I love all of the activities you do with your daughter, and I think I totally am going to start having movie nights. I forwarded this thread to my friend who has a son the same age as mine, and she is all about it. I love how you theme the food, deserts, table, everything! It's so cute!

Now if only I can get my DS to sit for a movie:lmao: we shall see, either way I have to do these themed meals, I'm just head over heels in love with the idea.

Where did you get your Mickey Mouse ice cube tray? I know I have to many more things to comment on but my head is spinning with it all! You leave so soon, I'm super excited for you! Today hit our two week mark, so i'm doing that dance, but your dance by far beats mine!!!

Aww, that's so sweet that Ashlyn was concerned and trying to comfort you. :love:

3 DAYS!! :banana:

After watching a youtube video my kids opted out of HM! :confused3: Kya thought it looked 'creepy' and nothing I said could convince her otherwise. I'm still hoping she'll change her mind but we'll see.

Ok so I am all caught up (28 pages or so was a lot to catch up on!). You are such a fun mom!!! I love all of the activities you do with your daughter, and I think I totally am going to start having movie nights. I forwarded this thread to my friend who has a son the same age as mine, and she is all about it. I love how you theme the food, deserts, table, everything! It's so cute!

Now if only I can get my DS to sit for a movie:lmao: we shall see, either way I have to do these themed meals, I'm just head over heels in love with the idea.

Where did you get your Mickey Mouse ice cube tray? I know I have to many more things to comment on but my head is spinning with it all! You leave so soon, I'm super excited for you! Today hit our two week mark, so i'm doing that dance, but your dance by far beats mine!!!

You are just too sweet! :blush: I absolutely love our movie nights. We haven't had the chance to have a proper one for quite awhile, but soon after we get back we'll be starting them back up. After Ashlyn's birthday we'll do either Winnie the Pooh or Cinderella (since we didn't get to do a proper one this past week) and a Halloween movie close to Halloween!

I got the Mickey Mouse ice cube tray at WDW. Either at World of Disney or Mickey's Pantry in DTD. I also have Mickey shaped pancake molds and a cookie cutter! :goodvibes

Aww, that's so sweet that Ashlyn was concerned and trying to comfort you. :love:

3 DAYS!! :banana:

After watching a youtube video my kids opted out of HM! :confused3: Kya thought it looked 'creepy' and nothing I said could convince her otherwise. I'm still hoping she'll change her mind but we'll see.

I'm a little worried that Ashlyn will get scared since she's old enough to realize that some things are scary. Every other time we went on, she would hold onto me a little tighter when the lights go out in the stretching room, but she was fine throughout the rest of the ride. Here's hoping that both Ashlyn and Kya will end up liking it! :wizard:

Too cute that Ashlyn was making sure you were okay! That movie is sad. I liked it a lot though!

3 days! I want to see packing pictures! (You know I love them!) That is no time at all! I hope you're getting everything done!

Too cute that Ashlyn was making sure you were okay! That movie is sad. I liked it a lot though!

3 days! I want to see packing pictures! (You know I love them!) That is no time at all! I hope you're getting everything done!

She is just my little sweetheart. :lovestruc I'm proud that she's already a caring, sensitive little girl. :)

**forgot to add: it is totally a sad movie!!! It was a good one, though. I liked it, too.**

I'm putting everything out on our bed right now (I had to take a little break :rotfl:) and will be packing soon after the last of the laundry is done. Aaron wants me to do the actual packing, too, so we'll see how I do! :scared1: It intimidates me a little, but I have a packing list and whatnot so it won't be too bad. :thumbsup2 It looks like everything will get done that needs to. We'll just be busy these next couple of days! The way it works here, we can take our check-in luggage with us Friday afternoon to check them in early and get our tickets so pretty much everything needs to be straight by this time tomorrow! :eek: I think I'm still procrastinating a little because it still hasn't quite hit me that we're leaving so soon!!! :yay:

Alright, this time tomorrow is VERY soon! I always think that packing is exciting and fun, and then I start doing it and I realize that it is very much neither of those things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter