Prince Charming takes his Princesses to Disney World~Updated 6/7 with ADR's

Secondly, I was able to get all the ADR's that I wanted. :yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::banana::banana: Can you tell I am excited???

Anyway, here is what I booked...

9/5 (Arrival date) Spirit of Aloha ~ 5:15 show
9/6 Lunch at Le Cellier (Rod is going to be sooo excited)
9/7 Lunch at Akerhus w/the Princesses (hoping Ariel will be there but still excited)
9/8 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - usually has Alice and some others
9/9 dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella's Happilly Ever Ater)
9/10 Dinner at Cape May Cafe (the clam bake)

Also, since we booked thru AAA, I was able to book their Disney Story Time experience. We have never done this so I am really excited. We do this on Monday (Labor Day) at 4:30. It is done at the Town Square Exhibition Hall at the Magic Kingdom.

We have already bought our Halloween party tickets for Friday the 11th so that will be the last big thing we do. I am so excited because all my plans are falling into place. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Until next time, happy reading.

Also, my countdown says less than 3 months...can I get a woot!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Congrats! I'm so happy to be reading all these ADR success stories from Sept trippers. Those hold times and availability problems the August free diners ran into had me sweating our ADR list just a bit!

Less than 3 months to go - that's something worth celebrating! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I was wondering if I would even know any of the celebrities when Rod told me we were going. I had the same thought you did. LOL! I think most of the Colts players were there including Payton, Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeny, Reggie Wayne and Robert Matthis. Carlos Diaz was there but I think he does alot in Indy. Roy Hibbert from the Pacers was there. I got some good pics that I will try to post tomorrow.

I better hit the hay if I am gonna make it up by 7 to start my dialing. :)

Oh, Bob Sanders is my absolute favorite Colts player! (Though I love Peyton for being such an incredible role model for my boys!) Those sound like pretty good celebs, especially by Indy standards! Glad you had fun!

OK, I did not make it up in time to call at 7:00 this morning. I actually did not call until around 8:00 and I thought "oh no, I am going to be on hold for an hour like other people have been!" Plus, I am still trying to keep this a secret from Paige so I have to be very secretive about what I am doing. ;) The good news is twofold. I was only on hold for 6 minutes (I had cinnamon rolls in the oven so I checked the timer when I called and when they answered :goodvibes). Secondly, I was able to get all the ADR's that I wanted. :yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::banana::banana: Can you tell I am excited???

Anyway, here is what I booked...

9/5 (Arrival date) Spirit of Aloha ~ 5:15 show
9/6 Lunch at Le Cellier (Rod is going to be sooo excited)
9/7 Lunch at Akerhus w/the Princesses (hoping Ariel will be there but still excited)
9/8 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - usually has Alice and some others
9/9 dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella's Happilly Ever Ater)
9/10 Dinner at Cape May Cafe (the clam bake)

Also, since we booked thru AAA, I was able to book their Disney Story Time experience. We have never done this so I am really excited. We do this on Monday (Labor Day) at 4:30. It is done at the Town Square Exhibition Hall at the Magic Kingdom.

We have already bought our Halloween party tickets for Friday the 11th so that will be the last big thing we do. I am so excited because all my plans are falling into place. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Also, my countdown says less than 3 months...can I get a woot!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Congrats! I'm so happy to be reading all these ADR success stories from Sept trippers. Those hold times and availability problems the August free diners ran into had me sweating our ADR list just a bit!

Less than 3 months to go - that's something worth celebrating! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:banana::banana::banana: for you on the ADRs!!! That's awesome, and it sounds like you got some great places! And :cheer2: for less than 90 days! We make ours on Tuesday, and I am dying here! I just want to be done. Plus my DH is desperate for me to stop asking his opinion on things he could not care less about. He told me last night I need a 12 Step Program. I told him, "When magic is falling at our feet because of all my planning, you will be feeling pretty bad for mocking me. I am a magic maker." Ha! Now to see about actually making some magic ;)!

I am a few days late but I finally uploaded pictures of Paige at Ballet and from the softball game.

First position...

She fanices herself a dancer...

Now bring on the celebrities!

okay, okay...the real celebrities. :lmao:

Payton is right in front of the dugout...I will try to crop and enlarge so you can see better but for now this is all I have...

If you click on the picture it should come up in another screen bigger so you can see him better.

Those pictures of Paige the dancer are SO cute! That must be fun to watch!

And the softball game looks fun. We'll have to keep an eye out if they do it again next year so we can go!

Grrrrr!!!!!! :headache: :furious:

I thought I was good to go with my ADR's. Told Rod all about them and how I made sure that there were 2 he would really enjoy. Mind you, I covered this with the man prior to making any of our ressie's. Guess what happened...he changed his mind. I thought that was only a woman's perrogative. :confused3 :lmao: He has decided he really does not want to eat at Cape May. What?!?!?! The seafood lover in the family is forsaking a chance to eat seafood? Where is my husband and what have you done to him? :rotfl2: Seriously, he tells me tonight he really doesn't want to go and to find something else instead. Since he is "requesting" the change, I am going to make him suffer thru a second character breakfast....hee hee hee, I feel so evil right now and I LIKE it. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So tomorrow morning, I am going to call and see about switching Cape May for breakfast at Crystal Palace. If that is a no go, I will try Chef Mickey, if that is a no go, then maybe Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom. This will be the last change to ADR's I make. Only because I am happy with everything else. In all honesty, Cape May was the only meal I was not looking forward to. Neither Paige nor I enjoy seafood so we both would have been eating off the children's menu. :rolleyes1

One last thing, the Pitts Penguins have just under 5 more minutes to hang on to their lead. Go Pittsburgh...this will be the only time you will hear me say that. ;)

Grrrrr!!!!!! :headache: :furious:

I thought I was good to go with my ADR's. Told Rod all about them and how I made sure that there were 2 he would really enjoy. Mind you, I covered this with the man prior to making any of our ressie's. Guess what happened...he changed his mind. I thought that was only a woman's perrogative. :confused3 :lmao: He has decided he really does not want to eat at Cape May. What?!?!?! The seafood lover in the family is forsaking a chance to eat seafood? Where is my husband and what have you done to him? :rotfl2: Seriously, he tells me tonight he really doesn't want to go and to find something else instead. Since he is "requesting" the change, I am going to make him suffer thru a second character breakfast....hee hee hee, I feel so evil right now and I LIKE it. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So tomorrow morning, I am going to call and see about switching Cape May for breakfast at Crystal Palace. If that is a no go, I will try Chef Mickey, if that is a no go, then maybe Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom. This will be the last change to ADR's I make. Only because I am happy with everything else. In all honesty, Cape May was the only meal I was not looking forward to. Neither Paige nor I enjoy seafood so we both would have been eating off the children's menu. :rolleyes1

One last thing, the Pitts Penguins have just under 5 more minutes to hang on to their lead. Go Pittsburgh...this will be the only time you will hear me say that. ;)

That would be SOOO frustrating, and totally something my DH would do as well. Good luck getting one of the other meals you want-they all sound good, and we're eating all 3 places, but CP and CM are for dinner. We are doing the Clambake, and I'm a little nervous. It's the one I'm the least excited about, but my mom and DH both wanted it, so it's on there. My MIL hates seafood, but she offered no opinions on anything, even when asked directly, so she gets what she gets. There's supposed to be ribs, pasta, chicken, etc. too, I think. Let us know how your switch goes!

Good news. I called Disney as soon as I got to work this morning and was able to get right thru to a CM. :banana::banana::banana: The better news is that I was able to get breakfast at Crystal Palace. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I am hoping that the fact I have been able to get all the ADR's I want and not be on hold forever means it won't be very busy. One can always wish, right?:confused3:confused3

On a not Disney related note, my younger brother got engaged over the weekend!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: He is in the Air Force and is currently stationed in England. He met a very nice girl and he seems really happy. He is 31 and finally met a girl he wants to marry. I am so happy for him. :yay::yay:

Hello! I am jumping over from the September Plans board because I saw your link. You had posted in response to use having the same arrival time but we are actually going to be on the :yay: SAME FLIGHT :yay: as you all! (If I actually ever book my tickets that is!) Predicting that prices will be going back down on Monday and will buy then. Have you chosen your seats yet?

I read through your trip report and I am very amazed as it sounds like we are a lot alike! We will be staying in All Star Movies though. It is the first trip to WDW for my hubby and my son so I want to REALLY do it up for them. I thought that the ASMO would be cute because of the themeing.

Hello! I am jumping over from the September Plans board because I saw your link. You had posted in response to use having the same arrival time but we are actually going to be on the :yay: SAME FLIGHT :yay: as you all! (If I actually ever book my tickets that is!) Predicting that prices will be going back down on Monday and will buy then. Have you chosen your seats yet?

I read through your trip report and I am very amazed as it sounds like we are a lot alike! We will be staying in All Star Movies though. It is the first trip to WDW for my hubby and my son so I want to REALLY do it up for them. I thought that the ASMO would be cute because of the themeing.

:welcome: I am glad you came over! I am surprised at how much the cost of the flight has been jumping lately! I did go ahead and select our seats only b/c I was afraid Paige would end up by herself! :scared1:

We have stayed at all 3 All Stars. (Paige has been to 1 of them but I doubt she remembers it as she was only 2 at the time). I think you guys will enjoy the All Stars, I know we did. :thumbsup2

I thought this time we would try POFQ. I like the thought of a slide at the pool. Now that Paige has been in swim lessons for over a year, I am hoping she will go down it...if not, I will at least enjoy it. :lmao:

How old is your little one? Paige is a very "spirited" 4 year old...at least that is what my sitter tells me...I usually just say she is crazy!! :rotfl2:

Sit back, enjoy, and don't hesitate to jump in on the fun. ;)

I'm totally on board! It will be fun watching your pretrip report while planning my own, especially knowing that we are going at the same time. Eventually, I'll get around to writing my own pretrip report.

It will be me, dh, and ds, Max. He is 7. Very first time to Disney for both of them. Actually, if you want to be very technical, Max went to Epcot as a fetus, but I don't think he remembers anything. :angel:

I'm sure you will notice us on the plane we tend to stand out in a crowd. Let's just say my husband is, um, loud. He doesn't know the meaning of "keep your voice down". He has never flown on an airplane before so I expect him to be pumped up as a little kid, he has already "called" the window seat. He'll be dancing in the aisle because he's going to disney. Yes, I am still describing my hubby, not my son yet! DS will be the one telling stories. He can talk a mile a minute and won't ever stop. He talks to everyone we come in contact with and tells them everything that had ever happened to him in his life. So he will be talking the flight attendants ear off I'm sure, plus tellling her all about his brand new suitcase and going to disney. In the mean time of all of this, I will be the one sloughing down in the seat, covering my eyes in embarrassment at the happenings around me, popping tylenol pm - hoping to sleep the whole flight. I'm sure your won't have a problem at all finding us!! :rolleyes2:

I'm sure after a few times of going down the slide with mom, Paige will be flying down on her own in no time!

It will be me, dh, and ds, Max. He is 7. Very first time to Disney for both of them. Actually, if you want to be very technical, Max went to Epcot as a fetus, but I don't think he remembers anything. :angel:

I'm sure you will notice us on the plane we tend to stand out in a crowd. Let's just say my husband is, um, loud. He doesn't know the meaning of "keep your voice down". He has never flown on an airplane before so I expect him to be pumped up as a little kid, he has already "called" the window seat. He'll be dancing in the aisle because he's going to disney. Yes, I am still describing my hubby, not my son yet! DS will be the one telling stories. He can talk a mile a minute and won't ever stop. He talks to everyone we come in contact with and tells them everything that had ever happened to him in his life. So he will be talking the flight attendants ear off I'm sure, plus tellling her all about his brand new suitcase and going to disney. In the mean time of all of this, I will be the one sloughing down in the seat, covering my eyes in embarrassment at the happenings around me, popping tylenol pm - hoping to sleep the whole flight. I'm sure your won't have a problem at all finding us!! :rolleyes2:

I'm sure after a few times of going down the slide with mom, Paige will be flying down on her own in no time!

I will keep an eye out for you. We will be the family that keeps saying "Paige no running" Paige, don't put your feet on the back of the seat." "Paige no standing up in the seat." Meanwhile from Paige you will hear "I want...." over and over and over again. ugh! But we love her so we think we will keep her. :thumbsup2

We bought some waterbottles to take with us. I am not a big soda drinker but love the little crystal light drink mixes. I figure instead of buying tons of bottled water, I would save some money by bring the water bottles and filling up with fountain water then adding the drink mix. Paige thinks it is kool aid so she likes it as well...not to mention that it is sugar free so healthy as well. :thumbsup2 They are spill proof so I am not worried about them leaking in the backpack. I may try them out this summer just to make sure. If I think about it, I will take a picture of them for everyone to see.

Until next time, happy reading!

Now that my ADR's are made and NOT changing, what do I do next? I feel like there is nothing left to do but wait...and I am not good at waiting. :lmao: We have just over 80 days to go and it feels more like 365. :faint: I have already started my packing list...that did not take to long to do...and I have made a list of things I need to buy before we leave. Now I am not sure what is left.

Since we are still keeping this a secret from Paige I am taking the day before we fly out off from work to pack while Paige is at daycare. I figured this was better than staying up until midnight or later trying to get all packed. Only to get up at 5:00 am to get to the airport in time for our flight.

I am sorry for not posting any updates...work has been really hectic the last couple of weeks but should be slowing down...hopefully :confused3

Last week Paige started a 4 week soccer clinic. I did not want to just put her in a "league" until I knew she liked it. The good news is she likes it...the bad (not really all that bad) news is her favorite part is hitting the ball with her head!! :scared1: My child is fearless! She told me that she wants to play with the big kids now. So it looks like in the fall we will sign her up for a league. I am glad she likes it as I grew up playing the game. It is definitely a good way to burn some energy. :thumbsup2

I am happy to report that we have had no changes to our ADR's as I refuse to even think about changing them. :lmao: Rod has already been told there will be no changes and he is "stuck" with what we have. ;)

I have to ask, is her soccer clinic at the Y? I know you said you were southsiders-we're doing t-ball at the Baxter Y, and we're at the pool a few times a week. I just wondered if maybe I'd passed you there and didn't even know it!

yes, she is doing the clinic at the Baxter Y. We were there for a couple of hours swimming last saturday. We will not be going this weekend as she has had a difficult behavior week. :sad2: I am hoping when she realizes that, it will all click in her head and we will see an improvement.

So, I had an interesting week.

Well, it started Friday when I woke up and noticed that it took alot of work to take a deep breath. Figured it was just the weather as it had been hot and humid. Darn Indiana weather! ;) Things never got any better, in fact I seemed to get worse....the only time I really felt like I could breath was at night while wearing my C-PAP (I have sleep apnea). Finally I call the doctor as breathing is a pretty important part of living. :lmao: I had my appointment today and was told I have mild asthma due to my allergies and need to have a chest x-ray done just to make sure I do not have a mild case of pneumonia as well. He gave me some meds (an inhaler and a steriod something or another that I do once a day) and sent me on my merry way...well I have to go back in 2 weeks for a follow up. The best part of today is Rod took me to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory! :cloud9: He even "let" me get some cheesecake to go...boy do I :love: that man!

The good part of my week was that I got a friend request on facebook from a friend I haven't talked to in about 4 years. The best part was the day I saw the request I had been talking about him at work. It was like he knew I was thinking about him. He lives in Florida so I am hoping we can get together while at Disney. He knew I was pregnant but has never met our daughter. I am really excited about introducing him to Paige. :banana:

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th of July....

The doctor's office called yesterday to let me know my chest x-rays were clear...no pneumonia for me!!! :banana::banana::banana: I am so excited...now if I could just get rid of the asthma I would be good to go. :lmao: I feel horrible not being able to breathe that well and I only have "mild" asthma, I would hate to have "normal" asthma let alone severe asthma! :scared:

By the way, did you notice my countdown??? Less than 2 months to go. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

It is Paige's bedtime so until next time, happy reading.

Oh yuck, asthma! I feel your pain, really. My YDS was just diagnosed on June 1st. We do an inhaler through an Aerochamber (4 puffs twice a day). Seeing as he's not quite two yet and has no understanding of what we're doing or why, it's been a difficult process. I hope you're feeling better!

And woo hoo for less than 2 months!!! We're right there with ya!

I have a couple of meds that I am on now because of the asthma. I do a once daily thing...like Advair but different....and an inhaler that I do 2 puffs up to 4 times a day. My first day back to work I used it 4 times but yesterday I only used it once! :cheer2: I have not used it yet today and I am hoping I won't need to. I do notice that as the day goes on it does become more difficult (laborous) to breathe. I am worried about going to Disney in September with all the humidity. I go back to my doctor on Thursday and am going to ask him if the humidity will make it worse. :scared:

So, here is some new, potentially vacation changing, news. I jokingly (well sorta) asked my dad if he wanted to go with us as a babysitter. He said sure he would go....he would go where ever Paige went. :scared: WOW! I was surprised he said he would go so quickly. I told him I would need to talk it over with Rod to see if we could swing it and I would get back with him.

So I did a little math when I got home. The room difference would be about $415, a little more if we got a cot for Paige to sleep on (don't think my dad wants to share his bed with her :lmao:). But the shocker was that his flight would cost us $250 round trip:scared1:...that would get him our flight. If Rod and I think we can swing the difference, I may have to look at flying him down on a different flight although I would rather have him with us the whole way. I guess if he flew a different airline and got in around the same time and flew out around the same time, it would not be that bad. I would also need to buy him a ticket for MNSSHP as I would not want him to go back to the room while we had all the fun.

Rod and I will need to really look at things this week and try to figure out what we want to do. I am going back and forth on this one...like the idea of just the 3 of us going but it would be nice to have someone sit with Paige so I did not have to ride any rides alone...I will let you all know once we have made a decision...boy winning the big lottery would help out a lot here. :thumbsup2

Well, until next time, happy reading.

:wave2: HI! Just checking in to let you all know that I am still here. :thumbsup2

We have had a pretty busy week already and it is only Wednesday. :faint: We stared the week with a quick trip to Holiday World. We left Sunday morning and returned Monday evening. Paige had an absolute blast! :goodvibes We spent most of Sunday doing rides...wanted to make sure she was still excited about going on them and wanted to see how she would do with all the walking and waiting in lines. I must say she did really well. :thumbsup2 On Monday we spent a few hours at their water park. This was the big test as Paige has never wanted to go on a water slide...ever! The first one we did I was able to go down with her. It was one of the ones you ride down on a tube. They have tadem tubes just so you can double up. She was good up to the point of getting on the tube...then she started getting ansy (sp?) and upset. As we pushed off I kept telling her "it is just like a roller coaster...isn't this fun???" Pretty quickly she started laughing. As soon as we got off she said "I wanna go again!" :banana::banana: I was sooo happy to hear that. :thumbsup2 Holiday World was a huge sucess.

Then yesterday Paige had her toe surgery. She has one toe on each foot that is curly. The doctor wasn't sure if it was a tendon issue or a bone deformity. We decided to go ahead with cutting the tendons this year. I was pretty nervous yesterday morning but my baby did great. :goodvibes I was so proud of her. I am amazed at how quickly kids bounce back. They wanted her to stay off her feet until tomorrow morning...that didn't happen. The child was walking this afternoon and stomping her feet. :scared1: All I could think was "Man, that has to hurt!" but she never complained. We took off her original dressings and put regular bandaids on...that made a huge difference in her walking. The doctor thinks it is a tendon issue. In fact he made a remark that when he cut the tendon the toe popped up. When I changed her dressings and put the bandaid on her, I could see a huge difference in her toes. It is absolutely amazing!

That is all I have for tonight, so until next time, happy reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter