• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Primetime Shuttle Review (Jan 26 & 29)

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
This is the absolute WORST experience with a shuttle co. I have ever had. If you are booked with them, I would strongly suggest unbooking and rebooking with super shuttle, taking a cab or anything else.
First let me say I am a very easy going person, takes quite a bit to really tick me off, and this really had me angry - I do plan on writing to primetime for a refund.

Here is a quick rundown on the events...
We were on a Carnival cruise before going to Disneyland.
We got off the ship (in Long Beach) & went to the shuttles. I noticed that supershuttle had about 4 vans and were loading ppl in and taking off quickly. Then I see there is only one primetime sitting there. There are 4 men with the red coats on. They are all filthy dirty like they have been hanging over the engines. They are covered in food and oil and smelled. I didn't think too much at first - I had prepaid $46.50 for 2 of us to go to Disneyland from the terminal. They told me just to stand by for a minute, as van #702 would be our van, and should be here in 5-7 minutes. Ok no problem. 20 mins later, no van. Yet, there was one sitting in front of us EMPTY. I asked why that one could not take us, and they said they had a group of 8 booked to go to Leisure World (which I later found out is a HUGE retirement community near Seal Beach).
3 older people arrive and are put on that shuttle. Fast forward another 10 mins and I said 'I have seen supershuttle leave every 5 minutes, and I might have to get my $$ back from you and go take that, as we really need to get on a shuttle'. They put us on the Leisure World shuttle and said it was on the way to Disneyland.
They had 3 older people and us. We sat there a while longer, maybe 10 minutes. I asked when we might be leaving and they said they needed to wait to fill the van with more leisure world people. I told them about the huge disembarkation mess (that’s another story – but the lines for customs were not short, as they let off all colors at once). He said ok lets go. Well we are just about to leave and 3 more leisure world people showed up. They had to pack them up into the van. He goes to turn on the van, and it will not turn over. They had to get a boost from another shuttle company. This didn’t make me feel too great that we were on a shuttle that needed a boost to start, and I hoped he didn’t ever shut off the engine.
Off we went. We went into Leisure World and all of the people were to be dropped off at the amphitheater, where they were picked up. But only a few got off, another lady talked the driver into giving her a ride right to her house, which was at the other end, about a 7 or 8 minute drive. So off we go to her house. Finally we were on route to our hotel in Disneyland. By the time we arrived, it had been a full 2 hours and 10 minutes since we first arrived at the terminal. I thought ‘Oh well, lets go to Disney!’.
Didn’t really think too much about it after that.

Fast forward to the 29th. I had primetime booked to pick us up at the hotel for 3:10pm. We got to the waiting area outside the hotel at 3:03. We waited, and waited, and waited. At 3:30 I phoned. I was told he was there, and to look for him. I assured them that he was NOT here. Meanwhile remember this is all roaming on my Canadian cell phone, and that call probably cost me about $5 to make. Someone called me back and said ‘Are you not at the Desert Inn?’. Ummmmmm no, we were at the Hojos up the street. ‘Ohhhhhhhh he is down at the Desert Inn, and will be there in 5 mins for you’. Originally we had reservations at the Desert Inn, but switched to the Hojos, and I emailed them to let them know. I have the confirmation email that she got the msg and switched our reservation right here in front of me. So he arrived and got us packed up, and we had a very nice (and clean) driver and van that didn’t need a boost. On the way to the airport I got a text msg saying our flight was delayed, which turned out to be a good thing.
I will never, ever use primetime again!! Supershuttle looked awesome – sparkly new blue vans, clean drivers, etc… and I saw them everywhere. They seem to have quite a large fleet of vans.

Thanks for the heads up. I used the Disney Express Bus when return from DL last December and they were ok. We stayed at PPH, and did not have much of a wait.

Good to hear of other companies.. thanks.
We did SuperShuttle on our last trip.. have always used them.. this time our flight came in a little late, didn't get to shuttle area until quarter to midnight. We waited a bit (5 of us) and they got a van, there were already people in it, we then picked up two more.. We got a grand tour of SoCal.. argh! Didn't get to HoJo's until 3 am!

The driver never talked to us on the whole ride, we criss crossed thru all the beach cities, passed SNA and went to some other city and then finally arrived... last to be dropped off. I told him we were not pleases.. he kinda shrugged and said he had to go where they tell him to go. No tip was offered to him. I was too P.O.

My upcoming trip is due to arrive at 11 pm, I read that the last Disneyland Express is at Midnight.. I will gladly wait for the bus if I arrive early. I know I will get to my hotel in an hour at most... vs 3 hours!
Going back to the airport is usually not a problem, they allow enough time to pick up extra people plus extra to get thru security.
I have an overnight flight on the way back , last trip we were the only ones in the van.. very nice.. hope the same happens this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter