Prime Day 2019

I bought an Instant Pot last night. It was very much an impulse buy. I have heard good things about them here and elsewhere, and I really need to up my cooking game, so I just went for it. It seemed like a good deal, but it felt strange not to do my usual due diligence.

Haven't picked up much. Got a fire stick for the TV upstairs. And used the $5 off book purchase to pre-order the Illustrated Goblet of Fire book that's coming out in October. Oh, and got a set of corner mirrors for my van's side mirrors.

Grabbed a couple things for our son's college move last night - a portable hand truck and IKEA storage bags. Both were 30-40% off regular price. :)

I bought an Instant Pot last night. It was very much an impulse buy. I have heard good things about them here and elsewhere, and I really need to up my cooking game, so I just went for it. It seemed like a good deal, but it felt strange not to do my usual due diligence.
I personally do not think they’re the “miracle pot” that a lot of people do but they are quite handy. I would own it just for cooking corn on the cob and artichokes.

I bought 2 echo dots, one Echo 2nd gen, a smart plug, 2 white Phillips hue bulbs, one color Hue bulb, then I had to buy a hub to control the color one, and 12 packages of dental floss.

I have an Echo Show. I really like it. It's good for looking up recipes for the new instant pot the other PP bought, which I use a lot! (We also have 2 Echos, one in each bedroom.) I love gadgets.

So far this prime day I have bought an Echo Dot and a Fire TV stick for the house at the lake. We are there practically every weekend in the summer so it seemed like a good buy. Last weekend we wanted to finish Stranger Things but didn't have any way to do it. :( Now we can watch Netflix and Amazon Prime at the lake. :)

Does anyone have the Echo Show? I can't decide if this is worth purchasing or not...
We have three of the shows. The newest large version in the kitchen and the smaller ones on our master bedroom and my son’s bedroom. We LOVE them! We use them to view our Ring doorbell video, “drop in” video chat within the house or with friends who have them and various other tasks.

I love my InstaPot. I bought one for my Mom's birthday for her since it was a really good deal.

It's great for lentil or bean soups from dry beans. Takes all of about 15 minutes to complete. We can have soup in the summer without heating up the kitchen by simmering it for a long time. I like that very much. Indian foods that take time to make on the stove are also very quick in the InstaPot.

I hope you like yours as much as I like mine!

So far, I only bought a RFID blocking wallet which is kinda boring. That Dyson Animal V7 Animal Pro Vacuum for $279.99 keeps calling to me but I’m trying to resist since technically I already have a working vacuum lol. (I can’t believe I’ve reached the point in my life where I’m considering buying a vacuum as a “treat” for myself).

We just moved to a new house a couple of weeks ago. I've been taking note of things we need and decided to buy them on Prime Day. I went totally crazy and bought the following: a soap dish for the master shower and a package of trash compactor bags. I also need a few big ticket items, but they can wait.

seriously, calm down. You're going to have to sell that new house if you keep going like this.

I personally do not think they’re the “miracle pot” that a lot of people do but they are quite handy. I would own it just for cooking corn on the cob and artichokes.

I call it my really expensive hard boiled egg maker LOL

I used it quite a bit when I first got it but then it sat there. I do use it alot more again now and I just upgraded to the 8qt (Target has it for $70 and I had some promo GCs) so I can give my dd my 6 qt.

I call it my really expensive hard boiled egg maker LOL

I used it quite a bit when I first got it but then it sat there. I do use it alot more again now and I just upgraded to the 8qt (Target has it for $70 and I had some promo GCs) so I can give my dd my 6 qt.
I like it for eggs too and homemade yogurt. I do use it on average once a week, sometimes more. Some people are zealots with it though, going out of their way to make things in it that are not worth the trouble. Boxed mac & cheese, rice o roni etc. It’s kinda crazy, lol.

Bought some spare charging cables and rocks chillers for the once or twice a year I have a cocktail at home.

I like it for eggs too and homemade yogurt. I do use it on average once a week, sometimes more. Some people are zealots with it though, going out of their way to make things in it that are not worth the trouble. Boxed mac & cheese, rice o roni etc. It’s kinda crazy, lol.

I use it to make homemade rice dishes, and as a rice cooker. I can never get perfect Basmati on the stovetop but in the IP it comes out perfect every time.
I mostly use it as a steamer for my veggies, but I like that I can do other things with it.
I am excited to get the bigger one because I want to make soups in it and freeze it.
Not a huge fan of doing meats in there, but I will use it to cook chicken breasts to shred for other recipes.
I would have never thought to do boxed mac and cheese or any kind or boxed stuff in there.

I use it to make homemade rice dishes, and as a rice cooker. I can never get perfect Basmati on the stovetop but in the IP it comes out perfect every time.
I mostly use it as a steamer for my veggies, but I like that I can do other things with it.
I am excited to get the bigger one because I want to make soups in it and freeze it.
Not a huge fan of doing meats in there, but I will use it to cook chicken breasts to shred for other recipes.
I would have never thought to do boxed mac and cheese or any kind or boxed stuff in there.
I have seen them look for ways to do single frozen meals in the IP. The rice o roni one stuck out to me because they said they’d been looking for instructions online, came up empty so posted it to the group. All that work to find an answer and it could have been done in the microwave in 15 mins. There’s convenience and then there’s ridiculous, lol. I make roasts, chili and my refried beans which saves an entire day and an epic trashing of my kitchen. Mine gets decent use but when it comes to things that need testing and tasting along the way or it’s actually more trouble than it’s worth to pull it out and set up I do it the old fashioned way.

I once made a cheesecake in my IP. Just because I could. And then I ate it - all by myself (over several days). I know why my scale says bad things to me.

For Prime Day I have three things in my cart. Compression packing bags, sunglasses, and a running flask. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

OK...I'll join in....

Dad wanted to purchase me a TV for my birthday. He has been looking for a few weeks. I told him yesterday to take a look. Saved him $100.

Me? I have had an Arlo Pro home security system in my inbox for awhile (among other thins) an just saved about 70.00!

The headphones I wanted are not on sale. And most likely will not be. I just pulled the trigger anyway.

Hope you all like the InstaPot….have used it a few times but...…..really not a fan.

My fire stick died last month so I was waiting for prime day. I checked the price last night to make a mental note because sometimes they increases the price just to make the deal look better - guess what, It was a prime day deal a day early! Win. Save $10

Our firestick went out and they were so awesome they replaced it for free I love Amazon customer service

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!