Do you ise them for anything?
If so what?

Do you work for them?
If so do you like them?

Did you have them in the past?
Why do you not have them now?

What is good about them?
What is bad about them?

Why am I asking all these questions? I was referred to a sales rep from a gal I know who knew I was looking for part time work.

So where do I come for a wide range of opinions? THE DIS!

Bring it on folks, give me your opinions:woohoo:

I try not to get involved in these conversations with friends, family, message board people, or anyone for that matter; but since no one has responded so far I'll say a little about it.

I would stay far away from Primerica. From what I have seen, the only people who like Primerica are people who work for Primerica. They are looked down on as the lower class of the financial planners.

I do not know if you are looking to potentially work for them (dont buy into their hotel banquet sales pitch) or looking to use them as a planner. I would stay far away in both regards. If you're looking for a financial planner, there are a lot of very credible planners out there. For a part time job, it's just not worth it. They charge you money to join, you pay money to take qualification tests/certifications and then will be selling non stop to your friends and family.

I hope this little bit helps.

I haven't ever really had any dealings with them, but I think one of their "managers" tried an underhanded way to recruit me. I was at a meeting with workers in the same field from other offices and he was there to present employment opportunities (we all are employment counselors and work with people trying to find work). The next day I got a strange call from someone claiming to be a headhunter and my name had been given to him (and said he couldn't exactly remember where he got my name from). Anyway, he never identified himself as the person who did the presentation, but his voice sounded very familiar. He said that he coudn't name the company, but it was a subsidary of Citicorp (which it is). I phoned some other people that were in the meeting and they got the exact same call on the exact day. He had went through our contact book (that has all of our names and business cards) that is available at the check in desk.
It put a very bad light in my eyes on the whole organization.

Assuming you mean Primerica? From what I've heard it's kind of a pyramid type thing. I've never heard anything positive about it either.

mickeymel ~ just a gentle reminder: mary does not want the newsletter posted on the DIS, etc (as stated in the beginning of the newletter)
she does an incredible job with mousesavers & has been a valuable resource, please respect her wishes & edit your post as soon as possible :)

oops ~ you were posting at the same time....just hit edit at the bottom of the post & delete the newsletter
hth:)

Our neighbor works for them and is in the top tier. He came over about a year ago and tried to get my DH to work for them. They are a pyramid company. They have some solid advice and some not so solid advice.

The one thing I really remember that struck me was they try to tell you that if you have no bills and lots of savings and lots in the stock market, cd's, bonds etc then you won't need life insurance since nothing will need to be paid for. I argued that the stock market isn't perfect and I want to leave something for my son. They don't believe in life insurance policys and believe you should be heavely invested in the market. I took this to mean they make more money off you this way. I didn't like that thought and I walked away from the table. That's the only thing that really stuck w/ me.

I would really do some research before I would invest in this type of company.

My FIL used to work for them. He always tried to push their way of thinking on my husband and I. DH and I used to have life insurance threw them. The price just kept going up and up and up along with the insurance amount of course. Either way I couldn't keep up with the price and eventually found life insurance somewhere else, but I personally think they are a bunch of liers.:rolleyes1

They claim that if you invest with them they will "change your life" Umm.. if it sounds too good to be true. RUN!!!!

Do you really want to harass your friends for money? That's what this is!

We have a life ins. policy with Primerica and no problems with them. I know someone who is a rep. with them and they seem to like it, but never recruited us. I know as far as compensation, they get paid once when someone buys life ins. and annually from the mutual funds they sign peopl up on. There is a lot of training and starter fees, so it's not good for someone looking for immediate income. Maybe it's better for someone who has many people to talk to and invest for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!