prices of gas

madge

... is soaking in it
I suppose I should probably wait to post this next week when the full blown summer gas prices are in place. I am interested in gas prices--mainly through GA. We fill up at the Ky/TN state line and then again once we hit GA, we fill up at the GA/FL border, too. Prices there are usually the lowest throughout the entire trip.

thanks!

Madge--->who is convinced SWA isn't going to lower prices, LOL

I too would love to know exactly what exits to get off along I-95 or I-75 or whatever to refuel on my way (from Boston) to Florida by car, without having to try one and look and be disappointed by high gas prices and have toget back on the interstate and try another exit etc.

What we need is a cheap gas station website organized by interstate. Any leads?

Disney hints (no cheap gas hints yet and hope to add some soon)
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I know one place not to get gas. Directly across from the Hertz and Thrifty lots by the Orlando airport is a Chevron station. It's 30-40c a gallon more expensive than the going rate! It's the only gas station I've ever seen that doesn't have the prices posted by the road. Why they aren't posted is obvious.

If you need to top off your tank before returning the rental car, go a mile north where there's a cluster of stations that have normal prices.

>>> doesn't have the prices posted by the road

In the past I have sometimes driven into gas stations to read the prices, and if I didn't like the prices, I drove right back out without stopping. Usually rang their bell in the process.

Where I am about 30 mins south of ATL in GA at our usual station it is around 1.29 a gal.
At least two days ago it was.

Thanks for that link, Tyler! I'd heard about that site once before but lost the URL.

I'm going to have to submit some to this site. I've seen a few locations here in Richmond that aren't listed.

Thanks Chip and Dale Express for the site. Here in Charleston Reg. is $1.249 and Premium is $1.349.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter