Priceline

1gr8mouse

My teens slow me down at WDW
Any one had good or bad experiences with Priceline and rental cars?? They give you a total price for your rental when you submit your bid.....I'm just afraid of getting to MCO and finding a bunch of hidden charges...
Thanks In advance....

I had a good experience with PRICELINE / car rental in Orlando ... with my email confirmation print out with me * just in case ... absolutely no add ons ... now when I am locked in to my dates .... I would do it again ... :cool1:

Of course they will offer you the insurance, the prepaid gas, and the upgrades - the normal upsells. But they have always honored my Priceline bid and the total shown on final Priceline confirmation page.

We've done it several times and currently have a mini van reserved for Jan 15 - 23, 2010. No hidden charges, but they will try to sell you all kinds of stuff. We just say no.

I think we got an awesome deal: $210 per week plus fees and taxes = $304 per week.

I started by bidding at $28 a day, way below what I thought would be accepted. Two days later I was pleasantly surprised to see my $30 offer accepted.

Happy bidding!

Thanks for the responses.....I think I will go ahead and try it.......i'm aware of all the addons they try to get you to buy.....I tell them No.....

However, they got me on the gas ONE time......I brought it back with 3/4 tank full....they charged me the price to fill it (15 gal).........I thought I would be charged for the 1/4 tank to top it off......not so.......learned my lesson with that one years ago !!

I prefer to rent with Alamo and use the kiosk so I dont have to deal with the agents.......but prices are very high with all of them right now........

I just did priceline for our upcoming trip.....my bid was accepted of $19 per day for a intermed. size.....total for 5 days was $147, bid accepted by Avis....then they offered me a upgrade for $10 to a midsize (2 car class upgrade).....I took it.......w/tax my total is $163.00 for 5 days.....I am very happy!!!!! Thanks to all !!!!

Never used Priceline but wanted to test it out for a trip to WDW starting December 10th. I entered the info and it came back with $17.00 would be a great price. I put in $10.00 and the site returned an amount based on my bid. I stopped at that point. If I filled in the info what is the process after that point. I guess the question is what if the bid is denied or accepted?? Any help would be appreciated. :confused3

I used Priceline in May for our trip to WDW. I started my bidding at $10 and ended up with $13 a day plus tax and fees on a midsize. Our rental was with Hertz, we used the shuttle to get to Hertz, when there I used the kiosk to pick up the car. With a Priceline reservation there is no need to wait in line, the kiosks work for these ressies.

For the PP, once you have entered you bid with your information, if that price is not accepted nothing is charged to you. However if you submit a bid and that is accepted, the full price of the reservation is charged to you and not refundable.

Never used Priceline but wanted to test it out for a trip to WDW starting December 10th. I entered the info and it came back with $17.00 would be a great price. I put in $10.00 and the site returned an amount based on my bid. I stopped at that point. If I filled in the info what is the process after that point. I guess the question is what if the bid is denied or accepted?? Any help would be appreciated. :confused3

They would have liked to have you go ahead and bid the 17, but likley one of their suppliers has a car somewhere between the 2. I would have tried again at 13 or so.:)

A buddy of mine going on the same trip as us, put his bid in for $18 day and it was accepted......Intermed. car with Avis......

Does anyone here know if you get to pick your car out with Avis (like Alamo) or do they drive it up to you??? thanks

Does anyone know what happens if your flight is canceled and you do not get to Orlando until a day later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter