Priceline question

talulabelle

DIS Veteran
I have used Priceline for rentalcars before with luck, but I have never used it for a hotel.

Can anyone give me advice? Or point to a place that will give me any more info?

Is bidding for a hotel the dame as bidding for a rental car? If my price in accepted, does my credit card get charged automatically? I have no way of specifying what hotels would be acceptable to me? They could give me anything?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Pretty much it's the same deal as the car.

You do specifiy "star" level and general area, but no specific hotels. I would research www.betterbidding.com and www.biddingfortravel.com prior to bidding to see what your options are in the area you are looking for.

Also, PL only gurantees ONE bed. In Orlando I have never heard of an issue with getting two beds, anyplace else it can be a problem!

Priceline convert here. I will never book conventionally again! Use the PP links and do your research. I wound up staying at the same 2 hotels I had ressies for, but for more than half off the AAA rate!
After seeing what the previous wins went for at those hotels, I did the exact same strategy and got just what I wanted. I was also prepared to take whatever they gave me however.

My family and many relatives are all going to Washington DC for my DBro's (COL in USARMY) graduation from the National Defense University. We needed hotels and many rooms. We opted for OLD TOWN, VA. I went on Trip Advisor and researched hotels. I then went to Priceline and researched all their hotels. Selected 3 star for Old Town and bid $60.00 a night....NO!! Then I bid $70.00 a night ACCEPTED. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! This hotel usually books for $228.00 a night. The reviews are awesome and I am so pumped.

OP, I have never tried it for car rentals....and I need a VAN for DC...any tips on using Priceline for car rentals?????

My family and many relatives are all going to Washington DC for my DBro's (COL in USARMY) graduation from the National Defense University. We needed hotels and many rooms. We opted for OLD TOWN, VA. I went on Trip Advisor and researched hotels. I then went to Priceline and researched all their hotels. Selected 3 star for Old Town and bid $60.00 a night....NO!! Then I bid $70.00 a night ACCEPTED. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! This hotel usually books for $228.00 a night. The reviews are awesome and I am so pumped.

OP, I have never tried it for car rentals....and I need a VAN for DC...any tips on using Priceline for car rentals?????

I haven't done it in over a year...but I foundthe car rentals to pretty easy.
I pretty much bid what I saw people on the transportation board of the DIS were winning bids for. I wasn't as nervous about the rental cars because you can specify the class of car, and the only thing that you get assigned is the rental company. I could have cared less what company it was rented from as long as it was a good price.....what made me nervous about the hotels was that I am being assigned the hotel...I would feel alot better about it if I was more in control of which hotels were acceptable to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter