Priceline for Car rentals?

gottalovethem

<font color=magenta>The DIS Moms love you!</font>
I tried doing a search, but only found stuff from 2004 -- has anyone used Priceline for a car rental? Any pros/cons you can share?

Thanks!

The pros is that their prices tend to be much lower, especially for daily rentals when regular rates are really high.

The cons include - no cancellations or changes, you may get an offsite rental agency, no frequent flyer miles or upgrades if you're a frequent renter, many times booking directly from the agency with coupons is cheaper.

Szymon

We have used Priceline name your own price for all trips but one. I have always had good success getting a really really good rate. The only con I can see is if something happens and you need to change, you've already paid. Thanksfully, we've never been in that situation.

We used Priceline two years ago when we rented a mini van to take our granddaughters to WDW. We paid about half what it would have cost if we rented through the agency.

You might want to try www.biddingfortravel.com for more information and a look at more recent winning bids.

Surprised you did not find anything- but sometimes the search file does not give you the info you need...

any case - I have used priceline 3 times in the last year and a half for my car rentals. Go to hotwire to get a good base amount, start your bid around 40% lower. Heck go really low to see how the sight works. - but be careful once your bid is accepted it is yours. You can rebid immediately by changing two things( example - the dollar amount and type) otherwise you can rebid 72 hours later

be sure all you dates and where you want to rent from is correct as well as time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter