Price increase

kaymak

Mouseketeer
I am anxiously awaiting the 2007 rates just like everyone else. I know the best thing to do is book early. Just how long after rates are released do they start to rise? I would like to go in May of 2007. I probably will not be able to make my deposit until around the end of the year. If the rates are released in August or September, how long will it be before they start to increase?

I booked our cruise for May 27, 2006 in October of 2004. I think the prices really jumped at the beginning of this year. It seems that a bunch of people that took the Christmas 2004 cruise booked onboard and the prices seemed to jump after that. My understanding is that prices increases as the ship fill and not on a specific date.

The prices go up as the ship fills. Thus, it is impossible to predict how much/when it will go up for any given cruise. Some people give/get cruises for Christmas, so this is a popular booking time.

CajunGirl2 said:
I booked our cruise for May 27, 2006 in October of 2004. I think the prices really jumped at the beginning of this year. It seems that a bunch of people that took the Christmas 2004 cruise booked onboard and the prices seemed to jump after that. My understanding is that prices increases as the ship fill and not on a specific date.

Angie - right you are. I'm one of those who booked the May 27th cruise while on our 12/18/04 cruise. I don't think we were back more than a week when the price for our room (a cat 7) increased by $1000. My thinking was the same as yours - that those of us who booked onboard in December filled up the early booking discount slots and pushed the rates into the regular category. I just checked yesterday and that price really hasn't increased again from that large jump.

The above posters are correct. I talked to a DCL rep. and she explained that as certain categories fill the price rises. It is, I believe, a computer program. :flower:

That is the reason that the repo cruises had the price rise so much that first day. As the ship filled each hour the price continued to increase.

I know its true about the pricing, however some cruise lines lower thier prices as it gets closer to the cruise date! My next cruise to Hawaii dropped $900 for the package two months before the sale date and NCL honored the price. Don't flame me but sometimes I think Di$ney is very $$$$$ and I feel sorrry for the average income family who would like to go! :confused3
MICKSPIN.gif

PoA190505_14.jpg

No flames, it's just a fact that DCL doesn't have to lower their fares to fill the ships. It would be nice if they did. It's all a matter of supply & demand. The closest thing to a discount is the FL resident rates that are released a couple months before the sailing date if there is space available.

lbgraves said:
No flames, it's just a fact that DCL doesn't have to lower their fares to fill the ships. It would be nice if they did. It's all a matter of supply & demand. The closest thing to a discount is the FL resident rates that are released a couple months before the sailing date if there is space available.
No flames here also . If this is true with the two ships being full , with no discounts , this equals big big DI$NEY profits. Its ashame that they just won't build the new ship as promised. It has nothing to do with the Euro dollar or 911 as this ship was planed 5 years ago and was to be started 3 years ago. IMO the two current ships are stating to show thier age ! The new ship was suppose to be finished this year 2005. I guess what I'm trying to say, if its true that the ships are full as you say, then spend that extra money that they don't pass on to the cruisers and build that needed 3rd ship. How many times can you go to Nassau :rotfl: . JMO..........
DCL prices are like super heroes "SKY HIGH"

I feel sorrry for the average income family who would like to go!

Thanks for feeling sorry for me! Although I was able to go this June, it was only because my father passed away last year and left me a little money. I read about these people on here who go all the time and wish I was them. I did rebook on board when we went, but who knows where that money is going to come from! I had such a great time on the Magic and think the next one will be even better. So wish me luck (or a better job!).

Also on the same thought, it would be nice if they'd get another ship and lower their prices. A really nice lady at church and her family from mexico (4 kids) have always dreamed of going on a cruise some day. Maybe someday she will be able to if they lower the prices a bit or stay here on the West Coast!

pppiglet said:
Thanks for feeling sorry for me! Although I was able to go this June, it was only because my father passed away last year and left me a little money. I read about these people on here who go all the time and wish I was them. I did rebook on board when we went, but who knows where that money is going to come from! I had such a great time on the Magic and think the next one will be even better. So wish me luck (or a better job!). !

I know how you feel.I'm trying to squeeze enough money to go on our first cruise. With 5, that can get quite expensive. I have those pangs of jealousy when I see people who go all the time also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter