Pretty Sure They Created a New Festival Just For Us - 2 week Jan DR *COMPLETE

Congrats on graduation!

I love the AK Starbucks the most out of all of them! So well themed!

Congrats to you! LOVE the pins too. I have a lot of pins from her too. Looking forward to more updates and I think I will sit and listen to them pitch on my next trip lol. Maybe I"ll seat DH there too... We do *need* a small contract to add on...

Im following along! I'm so happy to see you get a do over after the stressful ending of your last trip. This trip report is off to a great start and congrats on graduating. Well done!

Congratulations on graduating!!! You go girl!! I think you need another trip to celebrate!!

Woo hoo!!! Congrats on graduation. Trip reports are so much more fun than projects and presentations as homework! Looks like a fun morning at Animal Kingdom. Excited for what's coming up.

OH and of course the ears and buttons are adorable!

Congratulations on your graduation. I am loving your reviews. And your nails...really cool.

Congratulations on graduation!!!! What a huge accomplishment. Between school and work, I'm surprised you found anytime to be here. And lovin' the ears.

We loved the AP lines on our last trip. I think except for one time they were always shorter and saved us a ton of time. Though I was still surprised at how many people in that line seemed to not have a clue what they were doing.

Thank you so much! :goodvibes It was all consuming with completing school and working a full time job, but I am so thankful to be done now.

Same for us. Most of the time they were great but sometimes they were crazy long. I said that too! How can you be an AP holder and not know how to work the MagicBands? Ugh.

So happy for you and your graduation!! You need a Disney trip to celebrate!

Thanks Lori! :goodvibes That's what I said!!! :laughing: I am trying to wear Rob down to take a trip Memorial Day week, but he's not budging so far.

Congrats on graduation!

I love the AK Starbucks the most out of all of them! So well themed!

Thank you so much!:goodvibes

It was really cute inside. We hit the HS one for the first time this trip too, which looked neat with the theming, but this one is way better.

Congrats on achieving your degree Jeri!

Thank you! :goodvibes It was so much work, but I am thrilled to be done.

Congrats to you! LOVE the pins too. I have a lot of pins from her too. Looking forward to more updates and I think I will sit and listen to them pitch on my next trip lol. Maybe I"ll seat DH there too... We do *need* a small contract to add on...

Thank you! I love her buttons! I take them with me every trip and when we are not there they all hang in my cubicle.

I have gone back and forth on adding a small contract at Poly...

Im following along! I'm so happy to see you get a do over after the stressful ending of your last trip. This trip report is off to a great start and congrats on graduating. Well done!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes It was good to have a do over so soon after the last trip. This trip was so awesome!

Congratulations on finishing your degree!

Thank you very much! :thumbsup2
Congrats Jeri, so happy for ur accomplishment!! :sulley::sulley::sulley::sulley::sulley:

Thank you! :goodvibes It feels AMAZING to be done. Before I know it I will be in the masters program, so I'll enjoy this time off while I can.

Congratulations!!! I actually live 10 minutes from the main campus of SNHU!!

What?! That's awesome! I will be there next month for commencement. Going to the Goldenrod for lunch one day and Hanover Street Chophouse for dinner after commencement. Any other good food recommendations or things to see while I'm there?

congrats!! :yay:

Thank you! :goodvibes

Congratulations on graduating!!! You go girl!! I think you need another trip to celebrate!!

Thank you so much! :goodvibes Right?!?! That's what I've been saying!

Woo hoo!!! Congrats on graduation. Trip reports are so much more fun than projects and presentations as homework! Looks like a fun morning at Animal Kingdom. Excited for what's coming up.

OH and of course the ears and buttons are adorable!

Thank you! :goodvibes DRs are definitely way more fun. I am in love with those ears. I've always wanted them and I've finally been able to get them. Exciting!

Congrats on graduating! That is such a great accomplishment, especially while still working!

Thank you so much! :goodvibes It has not been easy, but it is such a great feeling.

Congratulations on your graduation. I am loving your reviews. And your nails...really cool.

Thank you! :goodvibes I loved my Frozen nails. I love using Jamberry for my trips. Unfortunately they tear my nails up, so I don't use them all year long.

After our Starbucks visit it was time to head to Asia for lunch. But first, selfie.

Now it's time for lunch! Yak and Yeti!

We had an ADR and we were seated as soon as we got there at 11:30. We were seated on the second floor in a room off to the right.

Our server was super friendly and we spoke with him throughout the meal. He was from Brazil and his wife was from Cherry Hill, which is pretty close to us, so we talked about NJ for a bit. The only thing he did that we haven't run into before is that he was really pushing the Landry's card, which was a little annoying, but he eventually dropped it.

Rob started with the Pork Egg Rolls with Chili Plum Dipping Sauce.

I almost got these myself and they were pretty awesome from the bite Rob gave me.

I got the Firecracker Shrimp. Crispy fried shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce, Asian slaw.

I squirted the lime all over these and they were awesome! I loved them when we had them on a past trip and they were as good as I remembered. The sauce has great flavor.

Rob got their special that day for his entree which was a Siracha Mac and Cheese with Shrimp and Scallops.

Just look at all of the scallops!

This was reasonably priced too. I think it was bound $25 which isn't bad for all of that seafood. Rob really loved it and said it was the perfect amount of Siracha. He puts hot sauce all over everything anyway, so this was perfect for him.

I got the Kalbi Steak & Coconut Shrimp. Grilled marinated flat iron steak, pineapple-mango salsa, coconut shrimp, chili plum sauce, wasabi mashed potatoes, stir-fried vegetables.

I have had this before and again it did not disappoint. The steak was perfectly cooked and I love the flavor of the shrimp with the chili yum sauce. Yum!

And of course no meal would be complete here without a fortune cookie.

I mean, I know right?!?!

Lunch was terrific! The sales pitch for the Landry card was a bit much and they brought out our entree while we were still finishing our appetizers, which was a bit annoying, but our server was super friendly and the food was fantastic, so I certainly forgive those two small missteps. Yak & Yeti has become our go-to place to eat on our AK days. And I still had Landry's gift card money left, so our meal was free and we got a 10% AP discount on our entrees. Even better!

After lunch we did the safari again and did the Pagani walking trail .

We saw a hippo out of the water! First time ever for us!

And there were so many gorillas out. They were amazing!

Then we took the train out to Rafiki's Planet Watch, walked on to Dinosaur and then to end the day, we were honorary bugs. Duck faced bugs. :laughing:

This was seriously by far our best AK day ever! The temperature was perfect, we didn't wait in lines at all and the crowds here were thinner than we had ever seen them. We usually don't spend a lot of time here because of the crowds and heat in this park, so it was great to get a full, fun day here.

Once we headed out of the park, we had our only yuck bus ride of the trip and were glad to finally be back at POFQ. A little R&R and then we were back at it.

We took the boat to Disney Springs for the evening. I wanted an ice cream and Rob wanted a drink, so I went in to Ghirardelli to order myself an ice cream while Rob went to Dockside Margaritas for a drink and then I got a seat outside at Ghirardelli for us.

My first Ghirardelli in what seems like forever! Had to go back to my favorite, The Ocean Beach. Sea Salt Caramel Sundae. Vanilla ice cream smothered with creamy caramel, handmade hot fudge and sea salt. Perfectly topped with whipped cream, creamy caramel, sea salt and a Ghirardelli SQUARES milk chocolate, but I sub in butter pecan ice cream for the vanilla.

Heaven! :cloud9:

Rob got one of his favorite Disney drinks, Orange Grove Rum Runner. Siesta Key spiced rum, blackberry brandy, creme de banana, and Florida citrus juices with a float of Gosling's 151 rum.

And speaking of heaven, look at this view.

What a gorgeous sunset. This picture does it no justice.

Then we headed to Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar.

Rob got a Wrong Island! Siesta Key Silver Rum, Tito's Handmade Vodka, Tamiami Gin, Tippler's Orange Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Coca-Cola.

Which I forgot to get a picture of, but he loves this drink. That is waaaayyyy too liquor mixing for me, so I went with the Safari Sangria. South African Red Wine with Van Der Rum Tangerine Liqueur.

This was really smooth and fruity. Loved it!

And Jock Lindsey's takes TiW now, which is awesome! Totally made use of that here tonight.

Then it was time for a movie. Duh.

This was my favorite movie of the trip. So so good.

We used another free popcorn voucher, saved $10 since it was Tuesday, with our Stubs card and used a gift card for the rest. Win!

Now it's time for a Disney Springs dinner!

After the movie we were going to do Blaze Pizza, but there was a line going out the door, so we decided on Homecoming. Yay! My favorite!

So, this meal was kinda weird. The food was amazing but the service...

We got there at 9:30 and the places was fairly empty. The hostess asked if we wanted to sit at the bar and I said no. This seemed to greatly annoy her. I never want to be that person that comes into a restaurant close to closing time, so I double checked the hours on my phone and it said 11pm. We had a pretty long window of time before closing, so I don't know why they didn't want to seat anyone right now.

Our waitress also seemed a bit put off by our presence and was kinda phony throughout the meal. Not cool.

Rob ordered a Bootlegger to drink and they always tell you that they want you to drink from the glass to get the full effect of the drink with the smell and all that good stuff. No spiel about it this time and Rob asked for a little straw, more to stir it around a bit than anything, and she said, "We're not supposed to do that" and begrudgingly came back and plopped down straws on the table. Okkkkaaaaayyyy.

We both knew what we wanted right away and Rob ordered Art's Fabulous Fried Chicken. Chef Art Smith's signature dish! Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuit and love. Not sure about the love this time... :laughing:

He loved it! He was excited that the chicken was boneless and devoured this with more hot sauce poured on it.

I got my favorite dish from our last trip. Chopped Pork Barbecue Plate dressed with HFK sweet and spicy barbecue sauce served with Momma's mac and cheese and cheddar drop biscuits.

This was fabulous! It needed a bit more BBQ sauce, but I really didn't feel like asking. I love love love this mac and cheese.

I had a bunch of pork, a biscuit and some of my mac and cheese leftover, so I asked for a box to take it back to the room.

We were out of there just a little after 10pm (We are fast eaters). Now they seemed super friendly on the way out. There were still others left in the restaurant but the staff was breaking down the tables and clearing off the sugar, hot sauce, etc. It looked like everyone was ready to go home that night. While the service was kind of a bummer that night, it doesn't take away from the fact that the food is amazing and our service has been amazing every other time. Just a bad day for the closing crew or something.

We took the boat back to POFQ and I enjoyed my leftovers a little later while taking in a King of Queens episode. Those of you who regularly read my DRs know that we always watch Big Bang Theory in the evenings, but that wasn't on nearly as much this trip, so most nights we had to settle for King of Queens or Everybody Loves Raymond. I brought my Firestick this trip in hopes of using that in the evenings to watch something, but I forgot the remote for it so it was rendered useless. :laughing: Oh well, we were out a lot more in the evenings this trip, so that's way better than watching TV in the room. :goodvibes

Another fun filled day at Disney in the books!

What a gorgeous sunset. This picture does it no justice.

This is perfect!!

This was my favorite movie of the trip. So so good.

I nearly rented this today but went with Sully instead. Excited to see both, though!

He loved it! He was excited that the chicken was boneless and devoured this with more hot sauce poured on it.

I got my favorite dish from our last trip. Chopped Pork Barbecue Plate dressed with HFK sweet and spicy barbecue sauce served with Momma's mac and cheese and cheddar drop biscuits.

YESSSS. I can taste that mac and cheese right now! We FINALLY got there last trip and my husband was amazed (As was I) with the food. We got the same thing- except I got the chicken and he had the pork. He had enough cheese that trip so he swapped about halfway through and finished off my potatoes. Omg, that mac and cheese is so darn good.

What a perfect AK day!!!! It truly is a different park with less heat and people. Yak and Yeti looks like a hit. Those egg rolls are one of my favorites there. Though I haven't tried the firecracker shrimp, we'll have to rectify that.

I still have not tried Ghiardelli. We got to DTD for the first time in forever on our last trip but didn't have room for dessert We're styaying at CBR next time, so planning on lots of DTD time and hopefully lots of salted caramel ice cream.

How weird on the service at Homecoming? If you close at 11, close at 11, and don't make customers feel made for coming in an hour and a half before that. Service aside, the food looks awesome. Can't wait to eat there again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter