PreTrippie (aka King Charming Takes Hypermommy (and family) on another cruise)

I can also be useful in hauling kids out of kids clubs at 2 AM, formal night hairstyling, locating lost wallets on CC, fetching Pepsi at all hours of the day and night, and any other small "problems" that may develop during the cruise.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You know us FAAAAAAAAR too well. Can't wait to see you again!!!!!! One of the absolutely best advantages of us living in Orlando now is that I'll get to see you again!!!!! You're so much fun to be with.

Wonder if O-town is gonna survive us being together again? :scared1:

I actually think that role (MPP) is reserved for Hypermommy.

Awwwwwww.... thanks! But we should let KC go ahead and have the trophy. You know how it is... one of the first things my momma taught me when I was coming up is that you've gotta let a man be a man. In other words, let him think he's in charge while you quietly make everything work behind the scenes.

Sssssshhhhhhhhhh.... don't tell KC.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You know us FAAAAAAAAR too well. Can't wait to see you again!!!!!! One of the absolutely best advantages of us living in Orlando now is that I'll get to see you again!!!!! You're so much fun to be with.

Wonder if O-town is gonna survive us being together again? :scared1:

yup.... can't wait! :dance3:

and, by the way do you think our time together might include a little side trip to a purveyor of fine spirits??? :drinking1 We are taking the DCL bus in the morning, and I had conceded that we'd either have to pack stuff in our luggage (but at $20.00 a checked bag does that make sense???) or pay the Mouse's prices onboard. Something to consider IF we can fit it in with all the fun that is to be had that evening!

yup.... can't wait! :dance3:

and, by the way do you think our time together might include a little side trip to a purveyor of fine spirits??? :drinking1 We are taking the DCL bus in the morning, and I had conceded that we'd either have to pack stuff in our luggage (but at $20.00 a checked bag does that make sense???) or pay the Mouse's prices onboard. Something to consider IF we can fit it in with all the fun that is to be had that evening!

Oh that is SOOO do-able!!! I'll make sure you get well-stocked!!! :rotfl2:

And I'm gonna be getting a little plastic flask for my cruise in a couple of weeks. If you'd like to use it for your cruise I can bring it along and give it to you.

For some people, the weeks leading up to your vacation are the longest weeks of the year. But not for me. Filling boxes and saving money are all I can think about, and the time is going by way too fast for either to accumulate quickly enough. One of my favorite days of any countdown went by with barely any notice. I call it milk day. That's the first day that you see your target date printed as an expiration date on a milk container. It's one of the final markers before that great phrase 'Next week I'll be...'.

And even though I'm a bit preoccupied with our move, the cruise planning and preparing is progressing. So far we've paid for the cruise AND made a general outline of what we want to do. Huh? That was done a few months ago? .... Really?? .... So.. that means we haven't done much, huh? Right, so when DW came home last weekend, we attacked that oversight, .... and started a cruise pile! (OK, calm down people, I know that was radical and you should have been warned, sorry. Just take a few deep breaths and everything will be fine). The dining room table began to overflow as 4 people tried to put a weeks worth a stuff on it all at once. But thats OK because you can hardy see the table through the maze of boxes that now furnish our rooms. One of our biggest packing challenges now becomes not packing potential cruise stuff into boxes.

Because we are going to take everything and overstuff the suitcases for the cruise, again, on purpose. The one thing (OK, there are several, but especially this) that drives me nuts is paying 5 times more for a forgotten (or seldom needed) item at the hotel shop. So we bring a medicine chest, and bags & clips, and just about anything else 'just in case'. Sure, it's a pain to lug junk around, but it saves my sanity, just like Mickey's boat does.

Now leave me alone, as I've got dance lessons scheduled. After hurting myself doing the 'cruise docs came' conga, (There! I fessed up. It hurt like heck.) and the single digit happy dance coming up later this week, I need all the help I can get.

P.S. I just got the first shipment of KC4MPP stuff. So fast and such great colors. That sure is a fine organization you put together there K, I'm mighty proud. However, of the many thrones I own, I wish you hadn't used the picture of me sitting on THAT one. :scared1:

Glad you received the first shipment, but please understand that "On the throne" photo is only for your approval (or not). I just thought it went well with the slogan "Don't take SH** from the other passengers. Vote the King for MPP". If you have changed your mind and don't want to use that slogan, just let me know. As you are well aware, we have many to choose from. BTW, I secured my airfare today. It's so close to the trip that I had to pay an outrageous amount. :scared1: But I know that you will pay me back with a portion of your winnings (and the money that the other passengers throw at you in their excitement at being there for the first-even crowning of a person to win MPP TWICE ) so I'm not worried.

Talk to you soon
Regards, Your Campaign Manager

The staff really kicked it into high gear this weekend, so much so that we now have campaign headquarters in 7 cities. And the volunteers continue to pour in! What a phenomenal response!! Then the big corporations heard the buzz and the sponsorship offers began. So far this week 2 airlines, one car company, 3 car rental agencies, and one cruise line have signed up. They plan to announce promotional tie-ins next week. But because ya'll intend on voting for me (quiet LindaBabe), I'll give you a headstart on the savings. When booking or making ressies with these national companies, enter the promo code 'KC4MPP' in the appropriate box for substantial savings. I'll post a complete list of sponsors and their offers as soon as it clears the legal dept.

PS to the staff

I don't think we should change the layout. I've always liked that slogan (worked darn well last time), and at least the photographer got my 'good' side in the photo being used.
Please make sure the distribution dept leaves plenty of swag at the airport and the highway welcome centers on I-75 & I-95.
The campaign office in PC should be open soon.
Ask the sponsorship dept to line up a food tie-in; I'm hungry.
In addition to the large banners at the port (great idea btw), can we line up a few billboards for the drive to the port?
Make sure none of our stuff shows up on Ebay. The IRS still thinks this is a not for profit outfit. :rolleyes1
Keep up the great work. Our goal is almost in sight!!!

Glad you received the first shipment, but please understand that "On the throne" photo is only for your approval (or not). I just thought it went well with the slogan "Don't take SH** from the other passengers. Vote the King for MPP". If you have changed your mind and don't want to use that slogan, just let me know. As you are well aware, we have many to choose from. BTW, I secured my airfare today. It's so close to the trip that I had to pay an outrageous amount. :scared1: But I know that you will pay me back with a portion of your winnings (and the money that the other passengers throw at you in their excitement at being there for the first-even crowning of a person to win MPP TWICE ) so I'm not worried.

Talk to you soon
Regards, Your Campaign Manager

Y'all are so crazy!!!! Nope, I decree he MUST to use that photo (and don't forget I'm the queen). Besides, that photo will serve to keep him humble.... or at least try. I never realized what my darling hubby would look like with his head swelled up like some Macy's Day balloon!!! Anyone got some extra rope I can use to help keep him grounded? Or better yet... maybe we could fly him off the back of the boat! Another Disney first -- a ship that carries its own Macy's Day parade balloon around!!!!!!

Of course, we'd probably get in trouble when some six year old is thought to have stowed away in his pocket as he was flying up there behind the boat, huh?

Besides, y'all are wasting your time. Everyone knows I'm the most popular passenger. At least the most popular one with a regular, human-sized head.

The staff really kicked it into high gear this weekend, so much so that we now have campaign headquarters in 7 cities. And the volunteers continue to pour in! What a phenomenal response!! Then the big corporations heard the buzz and the sponsorship offers began. So far this week 2 airlines, one car company, 3 car rental agencies, and one cruise line have signed up. They plan to announce promotional tie-ins next week. But because ya'll intend on voting for me (quiet LindaBabe), I'll give you a headstart on the savings. When booking or making ressies with these national companies, enter the promo code 'KC4MPP' in the appropriate box for substantial savings. I'll post a complete list of sponsors and their offers as soon as it clears the legal dept.

PS to the staff

I don't think we should change the layout. I've always liked that slogan (worked darn well last time), and at least the photographer got my 'good' side in the photo being used.
Please make sure the distribution dept leaves plenty of swag at the airport and the highway welcome centers on I-75 & I-95.
The campaign office in PC should be open soon.
Ask the sponsorship dept to line up a food tie-in; I'm hungry.
In addition to the large banners at the port (great idea btw), can we line up a few billboards for the drive to the port?
Make sure none of our stuff shows up on Ebay. The IRS still thinks this is a not for profit outfit. :rolleyes1
Keep up the great work. Our goal is almost in sight!!!

GREAT NEWS KC..... Ron Jon has agreed to "loan" us their billboards for the next 2 weeks. They will be re-worked with your campaign info. as early as tomorrow. And also, for those of you who have ever driven the I95 route south.... "South of the Border" has also agreed that this is such an important campaign that they, too will relinquish their signs from NY to SC. Great way to attract those cruisers who are driving to PC.

And, of course since Pepsi signed on (how could they not???? you are their biggest consumer ) you will be getting a food tie-in with all the Pepsi-Frito Lay brands. Working hard to get DCL to change from Coke to Pepsi products for your cruise, can't say we've had much luck with that one yet. Apparently Minnie is a die-hard Diet Coke girl and the Big Guy doesn't want to upset her.

The "THANKS FOR VOTING KC MPP" banners are ready to be installed at Castaway Cay for your second day there (since the voting is on Thursday). Do you think your sons would agree to riding a float from the ship to about Cookies BBQ? All that they'd have to do is show their handsome faces and wave proudly. The staff thinks it would be a nice touch to show how proud your whole family is of your second consecutive win. Let me know on that one.

And BTW - don't worry about HyperMommy, I'll take care of her next. Never thought she was the jealous type?? :confused3

Besides, y'all are wasting your time. Everyone knows I'm the most popular passenger. At least the most popular one with a regular, human-sized head.

Hey Sweetie,
Was surprised to see your comment... I know it's hard being married to a MPP candidate, but that's no reason to get sassy. Your day will come... trust me, the staff here has something VERY SPECIAL in mind for you. We just have to get this win behind us and then we're on it like flies on honey. It's real important that you show SUPPORT for your man. Any crack in the campaign can (and will) be used against us by the competition.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
KC's Campaign Manager et al

SUPER SECRET INFO : ONLY TO BE READ BY HYPERMOMMY!!!: :rolleyes1
P.S. Don't tell KC, but I secretly added a couple special clauses in the contract he signed. The first one says that the first $10,000.00 of the MPP prize money MUST be used to book another cruise(s) of your choice and the other stipulates that he must buy Lifetime AP for the family (more important than ever since the relocation). So if he gets under your skin with all his MPP chatter, just keep those two little perks in mind! You can do it girl!

I can't believe it's just over a week for y'all (see, even Canadians can say that) to leave on your wonderful cruise!!!

I wanted to make sure to say bon voyage just in case I don't get a chance to chat with you again before you leave. My BFF and I are off to Fargo, North Dakota for a shopping weekend....I do love my USA shopping trips!!!

Have the best time ever my friend, can't wait to hear all about it:hug:

WOW! That was quick! I was in Wal-Mart today shopping for lunch box snacks for the kiddos and what did I see on a multi-pack of Doritos but our "VOTE KC FOR MPP" info.! :cool1: It's a great design.... the lettering/logo is super-imposed on the ship so the viewer's eye is caught by the beautiful DCL ship in perfect blue water. Hmmmm.... subliminal advertising at it's best, I'd say. The office did have a few calls today, mostly from the Tallahassee area, asking if you have to be ON the ship that week to vote. I guess we should have put the "Must be a registered DCL passenger sailing on this cruise to vote" in bigger print.

And those billboards..... From New York on down " PEDRO says: VOTE KING CHARMING FOR MOST POPULAR PASSENGER.... ES MUY BUENO ! " Haven't checked on the Ron Jon ones yet, will send someone from the FL staff out later this afternoon

A few updates:
**Pirate Night "special packs" are all ready (don't want to ruin the surprise for any passengers who might be reading this). Enough for all onboard, including crew. pirate:

**Customized sand toys for all kids were packaged and shipped right to PC today (Sent them Priority). :beach:

**Plane(s) are ready for the flyovers on first CC day. They are scheduled from about 9:15 to 4:30. How does that sound?

**GREAT Steel band engaged to play as passengers re-board on 1st CC day. Figured they could start around noon for those who might be taking toddlers
back to the ship for naps, and will continue until sail-away.

** Being that you and the Big Cheese are so close, he put in a good word with the Captain, and your 5 min. "informational" video will be shown before all movies in the Buena Vista Theatre and before the major shows in the Walt Disney theatre. popcorn:: Be prepared for autograph seekers at every venue. The "THANKS FOR VOTING ME MPP FOR THE SECOND TIME " one will be shown on Thursday night after 10 pm in the adult clubs and at the Farewell Show on Friday.

** ALL glassware (or plastic ware as it may be) used at the Captain's Gala Cocktail Party will have your logo on it. This is particularly important because that is semi-formal night which is also the final night of voting. I consider this a major score on your part.

**The ladies who do the braiding on CC have agreed to wear your t-shirts and bandannas. We thought about getting some special beads made, but the
vendor can't do it on such short notice. If EM 1 or EM 2 would consider getting a few braids done , the exposure sure couldn't hurt your campaign.

FOX NEWS At Sea is interested in your story - looking to see if there are a couple cabins available for crew to go along. If not, they will do a before and after piece, including shooting in the terminal at PC. Tell HyperMommy to get herself a real pretty outfit for that day 'cause she's gonna be on TV (don't worry, it's included in the budget, and remember her feathers are a little bit ruffled, so a good shopping excursion should sweeten her up a bit. We need her to be showing her undying, unwavering support of her man! :hug:)

That's about it for now PM me with any late requests/suggestions.

And, of course since Pepsi signed on (how could they not???? you are their biggest consumer ) you will be getting a food tie-in with all the Pepsi-Frito Lay brands. Working hard to get DCL to change from Coke to Pepsi products for your cruise, can't say we've had much luck with that one yet. Apparently Minnie is a die-hard Diet Coke girl and the Big Guy doesn't want to upset her.

You had my vote until this... Sorry - can't support a Pepsi guy!

But don't worry, KC - I'll try keep my vote in your family! Oh, Hypermommy... You are a coke girl, right???

Mickey logged on a little while ago, so we chatted. I tried explaining about my needing money for moving deposits, and begged for another free upgrade. First he gave me grief for trotting out my well used poverty tale, AGAIN, then started listing off the names of all the families who have gotten a free upgrade for our sailing. It was a long list! But he said only one to a family, or have I 4gotten? It's darn hard to argue with fairness, even for me.

Then he wanted to talk about my campaign, and I could tell he had a problem with it right away. See, I know for a fact that big gloves checks his popularity numbers several times a day. The Mic just loves playing 'can you top this' on this subject, mainly becaue he's a top tenner. It's almost like a competition to him. (And boy does he ever go on about it when he drinks.) Anyway, he mentioned the sudden spike in my popularity that is starting to show up on his national polls. I think he may be jealous that his numbers leveled off years ago, whereas mine continue to climb. He can be kinda funny about some things, and I sure don't want to create any animosity between us. DCL, er, I mean a major cruise line is still backing us, but (more) popular (and rich) folks usually have their way, so we'll have to wait and see if I'll get this key endorsement.

PS to the staff
A truely great job, keep up the hard work.
Feel free to blow-off any phone calls you may get from squeeky voiced recuiters, let him be jealous!
Tell the video dept the tapes looks great; I had a blast shooting them.
Just got approval from the FAA about the flyovers and sky-writers.
I'll be making a few personal appearances this weekend, but should still have plenty of time for my portrait sitting as scheduled.

Gosh, it's good to be King!

Holy Cow! I think the continued success of my candidacy is really messing with Mic's big head. In an effort to distract me, he went and told Hyper it was OK to start spending money. That she should get ALL the cruise things she either needs OR wants! :scared1: I don't think thats fair at all. And why would he do it, he hasn't even been nominated, has he? Or have one of my fellow cruisers secured my most coveted endorsement? SHOW YOURSELF!! I demand a debate! Dueling pistols at dawn? Heck ya, anything to put me out of my misery as the vacation costs that can't be put off any longer materialize. I'm sure glad the prize money will cover all of this, so just don't go too crazy dear.

Note to staff:

I've been attempting to reserve the Roy suite so more of our hard workers can come along. All dept heads should check in with our campaign manager and arrange transportation if they can take time off from the real world. We should have it finalized tomorrow, so get ready.

SUPER SECRET INFO : ONLY TO BE READ BY HYPERMOMMY!!!: :rolleyes1
P.S. Don't tell KC, but I secretly added a couple special clauses in the contract he signed. The first one says that the first $10,000.00 of the MPP prize money MUST be used to book another cruise(s) of your choice and the other stipulates that he must buy Lifetime AP for the family (more important than ever since the relocation). So if he gets under your skin with all his MPP chatter, just keep those two little perks in mind! You can do it girl!

Ahhhhh, I should have remembered that you would take wonderful care of me. I'm so sorry that I didn't realize what your true intentions were. I should have known. Hmmmm..... cruise(s) of my choice, huh? Now I don't even have to choose between 1) the inaugural cruise on the Disney Dream, 2) a Med cruise, 3) a Panama Canal cruise and 4) an Atlantic crossing. So nice to not to have to choose! Thank you so very much, dear friend!!!!!

I can't believe it's just over a week for y'all (see, even Canadians can say that) to leave on your wonderful cruise!!!

I wanted to make sure to say bon voyage just in case I don't get a chance to chat with you again before you leave. My BFF and I are off to Fargo, North Dakota for a shopping weekend....I do love my USA shopping trips!!!

Have the best time ever my friend, can't wait to hear all about it:hug:

And you said it soooo right!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!! I can't stand it when people write "ya'll". The word is a contraction of youall. You'd think folks could remember simple grammatical rules such as to replace the missing letters with the apostrophe. <sigh>

You have a great time shopping! Take lots of pics of the great stuff you get!!!!!!

**The ladies who do the braiding on CC have agreed to wear your t-shirts and bandannas. We thought about getting some special beads made, but the
vendor can't do it on such short notice. If EM 1 or EM 2 would consider getting a few braids done , the exposure sure couldn't hurt your campaign.

Well, I don't think EM#1 can get braids done. He's in the Young Marines and you know they require him to keep his hair sufficiently short. I like it on him though because it's fun to rub his fuzzy head. Now EM#2 is a completely 'nother story. EM#1's CO says EM#2 has a "gender neutral" haircut. And I love his hair too... especially the way it curls at the ends. So he has hair long enough to get braids.

But you know there's an issue that will have to be solved there. If I (Mom) suggest he gets braids to support his Daddy then he will definitely not do it. If I remember correctly it has something to do with the "teenaged code". I believe one of the articles of the code said you absolutely cannot do something that your parents wish you to unless they threaten you with bodily violence or something (although embarrassment works just as well, I've found). However, being the parent, I've learned to outsmart him most of the time. What we need to do is contact one of the young teenaged girls on the cruise and get her to talk him into getting his hair braided. You know as well as I do that some little PYT has so much more influence than a mom at this point.

But don't worry, KC - I'll try keep my vote in your family! Oh, Hypermommy... You are a coke girl, right???

No, I have to admit that the sweetness of the Pepsi draws me like a moth to a flame or a Hypermommy to a King Charming. I used to drink Coke and I will do so if necessary but I learned years ago (when I found out that bringing Coke in the house was valid grounds for divorce) to appreciate the choice of King Charming's generation.

SPECIAL INFO TO BE READ ONLY BY MRP4352: Of course I love Coke and will drink it gladly whenever Pepsi's not available. But I got secret info from MassDisLovers saying that there are some very valid reasons for me to keep KC happy with me right now. So that's what I'll be doing. Guess it's not that much different than real life is it.... one of the first things my momma taught me was how important it is to let a man feel like a man. You know... how we let them feel like they're in charge while we're really pulling all the strings in the background. But shhhhhhh... you know we can't tell them that, right?

I'm sure glad the prize money will cover all of this, so just don't go too crazy dear.

Hmmmmmm.... that's a bit subjective. So I guess you're leaving this up to my definition of what's needed/necessary, right?

NOTICE TO ALL THREAD READERS: Due to security reasons and travel necessity, this thread will GO SILENT for a period of several hours on Thursday, November 12th. Please do not post anything needing immediate response on November 12th. All KC for MPP staff members have coordinator(s) cell phones - please text/call if necessary.

Confidential to KC: All items we discussed on the phone are set to go. Multi-state coordination went off without a hitch. FOX News at Sea confirmed. It's looking real good, Oh Royal One.

He is so lucky to have you! You treat him soooooo much better than I do! :rotfl2:

Wow, only three more days....you must be exhausted with everything going on right now....you make sure you don't get too run down before you leave. Everything will still be waiting for you when you get home...well, you are closer to Disney now, maybe the fairies will do it for you.

Remember, take care of yourself, enjoy your wonderful vacation with your men and have a few for me!!!1

I stopped by the welcome center on I-75 on my way back to Tally for a second load, and was shocked by what I saw, or actually didn't see. No campaign folks, no swag, NOTHING!! They tried to play it off, and wouldn't tell me anything until I cornered this fool. He stammered something about orders, babbled Mickey's name, then fell apart completely.

Big gloves took my call, but I could tell right away by his attitude that not only was he behind it, but he was really enjoying the situation. "Have you seen the billboards lately?", "What happened to the website?", and "Don't choke on your Pepsi" were his way of rubbing it in.

Then Minnie came on, and ever so sweetly explained that Big Head (her phrase) got so jealous about our organization that he got 'the cruise line' AND the other sponsors to drop out. She started to talk about an injunction, but I hit a dead cell zone as I sped back to town and couldn't reconnect.

I wish I had never pulled into the driveway. The lawyers had assembled and were comparing notes. There was an interesting tussle as they lined up to be the first to speak to me. The jist of it was the campaign has been indefinitely suspended by an unnamed corporate entity. The whys and wherefores can all be sorted out NEXT MONTH!!! Unless I want to attend a hearing on the same day as our second stop at CC. Right, like that's gonna happen. I was able to contact our legal dept and our insurance dept before they stopped answering the phones to find out that yes, he can get away with it, and that we are covered. It was quite a load off my mind to know that at least our financial obligations were covered.

But it's such a crushing blow. Not only to me but the millions and dozens of folks who supported me. Please know that ALL your efforts were deeply appreciated, and sky-writers or not, we will always know what should have been. Thank you.

Just a little update for you loyal followers of KC. It seems that the MOUSE was trying to rattle KC's cage before the cruise and that all the hoopla was a bit too much for him (he does like to be the ONLY Big Cheese on DCL). But, once we arrived at the port we were reassured that our campaign efforts were not for naught! THRONGS of supporters greeted the family - we were so surprised to see that many had created their own KC FOR MPP shirts, tote bags and baseball caps. What a warm welcome! So, 3 days into the cruise we are feeling very good about the campaign. Not sure if I'll get back to post another update (LOTS of work to be done still ) but just wanted to let y'all know that KC is running strong! Voting begins tomorrow and runs thru Thursday evening with crowning just before debarkation for CC on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter