Pressed Pennies

hrh_disney_queen

<font color=red>My DH has the hots for Stacey<br><
My DS6 and DS8 love to collect Disney pressed pennies. We have about 20, just wondering if y'all would like to share where you got your favorites-maybe a place we have missed?? Include resorts, too, and locations!! Is there a pirate one anywhere? We sorta skimmed through the POTC area last time we went since it was closed, forgot to seek out a PP machine....

I'll start...there is one by the Buzz Lightyear SpaceRanger Spin where the 2 little kiosks are for souvenirs. If I remember correctly it has the little green martian, Zurg, and BL....I think...We got the Zurg one..(they are only allowed to get one from each machine per trip...gotta save something for next time...) :thumbsup2

we only got one pressed pennie last year when we went but I loved it . It was from Tonys and it has all the dogs from Lady and the Tramp on it :)

My wife is big into the pressed penny thing. Last year we went to the DLR and she colleced the whole 50th set.
(I'm hoping she doesn't see this thread as she hasn't talked much about pennies leading up to this WDW trip, and the thought of carrying 5 pounds of pennies and quarters in my camera bag does not exactly thrill me)

I was thinking about doing this on our upcoming trip. Does anyone know if there is a listing on the web or elsewhere with all the pressed penny locations??

At any guest relations, they have a list of location and image of every pressed penny and quarter machine on property. If you are looking for something particular it is a real time saver. My dd was looking for prince charming on our last visit and the only machine that had him was in the Grand Floridian.

FYI - If you are looking for this list the MK always seems to be out. Try another park. We have had good luck at E or MGM.

Have a great time on your trip.

There is an unofficial WDW pressed coin master list at pressedcoins.com. I don't think I have enough posts to be able to post websites so I hope this works.

http://www.pressedpenny.com

I think that is the link you are looking for

Edit: Sorry, I think the above link is mostly for buying the pennies. (why you would want to collect keepsakes of somewhere you didn't go is a little above my reasoning :confused3

But I did find Disney pressed penny heaven at: park pennies

At the bottom of the Disneyland links page is a link to resources for WDW.

There is one when you come off of Mission Space in the play area that you walk through right before the gift shop

My favorites are -

the Big Thunder Mountain one (in the ride-exit gift shop) which we got for DS5 after his first time on the coaster

the Trumpet Mickey-Trombone Donald-Jester Goofy set from the POR lobby, because that's where we stayed

and the Steamboat Willie Mickey Mouse (Riverside Mill food court at POR)

teamagic said:
At any guest relations, they have a list of location and image of every pressed penny and quarter machine on property. If you are looking for something particular it is a real time saver. My dd was looking for prince charming on our last visit and the only machine that had him was in the Grand Floridian.

FYI - If you are looking for this list the MK always seems to be out. Try another park. We have had good luck at E or MGM.

Have a great time on your trip.

thank You!! I don't know why I didn't think that WDW would have a list of places to spend more money, and make it easy for you to find them!! I am going to try the websites the other posters have listed, but if that doesn't work, guest relations, here I come!!

Just a quick note to pass on. Our pennies do NOT work as well. Besides we are not supposed to de-face the image of the Queen. I can't take time to find exact link to the Mint since I am ill tonight but I know it is out there. Just bring along all the US ones you pull outta your change! Have fun I love this as a cheap souvenir :thumbsup2

I scrapbook, so I love the pressed pennies....I got one from each country at World Showcase....they are good cheap souvenirs!!

eblack0409 said:
I scrapbook, so I love the pressed pennies....I got one from each country at World Showcase....they are good cheap souvenirs!!

OMG why have I never thought of that?!!?? I'm a huge scrapbooker! (well, I'm not huge... :blush: ) Anywho they would be a really neat addition to my Disney trip pages!

Oh great....now MOM will be collecting pressed pennies, too! :rolleyes1

Donald - my hero said:
Besides we are not supposed to de-face the image of the Queen.

LOL *technically* we're not supposed to deface American currency either. But it's only illegal if it's done with fraudulant intent. My daughters all love the pressed penny machines and it is one of our 'quests' on our trips! Enjoy!

We loved pressed pennies, that is our Souvenir from our trips. We also have the whole collection from 100 years of magic quarter collection. On my last trip I wish they would have had another quarter book, I could not find a new one. For pennies we finally got every penny from the world showcase and we have over 7 books of pennies. We have so much fun trying to find all the machines. Love it!!!!!!!

And all the guys on our coins are dead, so they can't fuss too much!!

My boys have the best time with their collections. They love to take their books out all the time and look at them over and over. They don't like characters, so we don't collect autographs..less time waiting in line, but no cute photo ops, either...I wasn't into it at first, and we pressed a few tarnished ones before (duh) i figured out that the shiny ones would look best...so yes, that's me, early in the a.m. at the resort store register sorting out coins with the CM....looking for 10 shiny pennies, and quarters to go with them..This year I started pulling shiny pennies out of my wallet as soon as we got back from our last trip...I must have about 50 of them..let's see 50 pressed pennies=100 quarters...maybe this ain't as cheap as it seems. :guilty: and then don't even get me started on the quarterpresses...

I looked up the lists suggested on AllEars and Parkpennies...They are VERY thorough...I tried to print them out but my printer is on the blink..I may go to the library and pay 5 cents/sheet just to start my gameplan... Thanks y'all for the suggestions...When I finally do start my Disney scrapbook, I will remember that suggestion, too!

hrh_disney_queen said:
yes, that's me, early in the a.m. at the resort store register sorting out coins with the CM....looking for 10 shiny pennies, and quarters to go with them..This year I started pulling shiny pennies out of my wallet as soon as we got back from our last trip...I must have about 50 of them..let's see 50 pressed pennies=100 quarters...maybe this ain't as cheap as it seems. :guilty: and then don't even get me started on the quarterpresses...

I can definately relate!

One thing that I found quite handy for toting around those quarters & pennies is an empty M&M mini's tube (but not the king size long ones!). Just stack your change in there quarter quarter penny and there's no more fishing for it. Just whatever you do- if you're flying- don't have it packed like this! It looks somewhat suspicious! :rolleyes1 So snack on the M&Ms on the plane then load the container at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter