Press-Pot at Boma

Wendi2000

DIS Veteran
Can I still get a press-pot of Kenyan coffee on the dining plan at Boma for breakfast? The year before last, we couldn't... but last year we could. I hope I still can... but I'll pay for it if I can't!!! It's soooooooo good!

We just got back from free dining last night. Can't speak for breakfast, but at dinner our server told us the pressed pot was not on the DDP, either as a beverage, appetizer or dessert.

That is a bummer. Two years ago I got a pressed pot as a beverage on the plan

We were able to get the press pot coffee with DDP last year at Boma. We used it as the beverage credit on our meal. This was for dinner adr so I am unsure what the protocol was for breakfast. Looks like it will be out of pocket purchase (oop) for us on our upcoming trip. The coffee there is wonderful and it is a good way to end one of our favorite meals.

I love coffee, so if you have to pay out of pocket how much is a pot of pressed coffee?

Last year I was able to get a cappicino to go at the end of my meal as my beverage on the DDP.

We were able to get the Pressed Pot on the DDP this past June.

Well, it seems to go back and forth. I couldn't get it two years ago, but someone else did. I got it last year, but someone else didn't. Someone didn't get it this year and someone did.

I will certainly ask for it... if it's not included I'll pay for it. I think it's around $7 - so worth it! (But I still hope it's included!!! hehehe)

This was an issue for us last week. Per the manager, Boma is considered a buffet, not a sit down restaurant, so add ons such as smoothies, special teas, coffees are not included.

Our issue was that the waitress did not tell us that the press pot was not on the dining plan when we sat down or when we ordered it. Note that we always have told our servers that we were on the DDP and they were always excellent as far as informing us what was included on the plan and what was not ... We ordered the press pot and it was on our bill. We were not happy that the waitress did not explain what was included or we would not have ordered in this manner. Note that we were also told by the waitress that the press pot used to be included on the plan.

Note that the pressed teas are not included either.

This was of great confusion for us - we have been on dining numerous trips/experiences and teas are included - once again, we have always done sit down as opposed to buffets. We generally consider buffets to be of poor value on the DDP and usually pay OOP for them if we even have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter