President's Week (mid-week) or Summer?

Luisfba

Mouseketeer
So.. my plans for a low crowd, great weather, mid April vacation seem to be falling apart.

I'm left with either President's Day week, or summer break (sometime between June 23 and August 18). It's either that or wait a couple of years as our April break in 2019 coincides with Easter. (we hail from Boston area)

So...

Regarding President's week... is it bad the whole week or is there a noticeable difference after Monday? (we may be traveling there Monday to avoid the weekend crowds and fly back Saturday).

Would you folks recommend President's Day Week over Summer or vice-versa?
Is it pretty much the same with respect to crowds and weather for the whole summer period I list, or is late June/early July better/worse than August?

Thanks

Luis, I’ve flown in and arrived early on Monday and headed to The Wave @ 7:30a. From there we went into MK and it wasn’t crowded for that morning. MK usually has longer hours for that weekend.

Be aware that the Princess Half Marathon activities begin on Thursday with the Expo. 5K on Friday that ends before Epcot opens. 10K on Saturday and that ends before Epcot opens. The only thing you may notice is some traffic detours but you do leave before the Half on Sunday.

We’ve also visited in mid-June, mid-July, and early August. I would choose Presidents’ Week over any of the summer months.

I agree with hiroMYhero. I would definitely do President's Week over the summer holidays. We've done both and President's week was definitely more manageable.

I’ve done President’s Day week, the last week week of June, July 4th week, and last week of July all within the last few years. I agree with @hiroMYhero and @DisneyWishes14 to a point but I’m not probably not quite as passionate rulling out the summer months. (Frankly I love summer now that everyone goes to WDW in the fall!) :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Summer does tend to be cheaper at some resorts, discounts are more plentiful, and it’s not quite as crowded as people think - especially late June through late July.

For Feb, you do have the Princess Half the following weekend as PP mentioned, which does bring in crowds. Discounts can be tougher to find both around the President’s Day and Princess Half dates, so maybe keep that in mind.

For 2018, Mardi Gras is earlier in Feb so at least that week doesn’t overlap with Pres Day week (a popular week for people from LA to go to WDW).

What has surprised me about our Feb trips is how many school-aged children you tend to see around. I quickly realized the proliferation of full “winter breaks” with many school systems that use non-traditional calendars. Just like many now have a full “fall break.”

Can’t really go wrong with either at the end of the day, in my opinion.

Have fun!

Last edited:

We had simply amazing crowds our July 2016 trip. Yes, it was like walking on the sun, but the crowds were surprisingly low. I've never been Presidents Day week so can't comment on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter