prepurchasing disney dollars?

Thanks! I have a Disney Store right nearby. What denominations do they come in? I was thinking of doing them as stocking stuffers before our trip in March.

Sorry but I think the denominations are $1, $5 and $10. I know this because I roll my change and then buy the DD. I have $500, which is awesome but they're all $10 bills!!!

Thanks for the info! Can they be used anywhere in wdw such as resorts, restaurants, etc??

Originally posted by beachbaby
Thanks for the info! Can they be used anywhere in wdw such as resorts, restaurants, etc??

::yes::

If you don't use all of them, you can exchange them before you leave WDW.

If you do U-promise or other reward sites, you could try buying the disney store gift cards first, then turning around and using the gift cards to buy the disney dollars.

That's what DH did. You get 4% for shopping Disney online and you can buy the giftcards online! Good way to make 4% out of something you're going to buy anyway.

Thank you! I use Upromise to pay off {hopefully} my oldest's student loans. I'll have to look at that. Thanks again! :Pinkbounc

Before you go buying a bunch of DisneyStore giftcards, make sure that you will be able to use them to purchase Disney Dollars. Not every store will allow you to do this and unless you shop a lot at the Disney Store, you could get stuck with a bunch of giftcards.

The most important tip that I can give anyone about saving for Disney with Disney Dollars is this.....

:idea: DO NOT LEAVE THE DISNEY DOLLARS AT HOME!!! :idea:

Last year, my honey left them in the safe at home and we didn't discover this until we were almost all the way down to the GA/FL line. We had to turn around and come home to get them. We had about $700 in Disney Dollars, so our budget would have taken a bit of a hit without them.

Whatever you do, add Disney Dollars to your packing checklist!!!!
Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter