Prepaying for an AP ressie?

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
I just received my modifed reservation for the AP rate for my May trip. The confirmation says that the balance is due for the reservation by May 1 and that no additional notifications will be sent. Is this a new requirement for AP rates?

Also, I'm celebrating as this is my 500th post on the Disboards! :jumping1:

Congratulations on 500 posts! I have not heard that all money is due earlier than usual - or is that the date you check in? My ressies are also for May, and I have paid my deposit, but the remainder is due on the date I check in. Nothing new with that.

I am on the phone with them right now. The CM is confused she said they do not know why it is coming up as a package. She checked and on there computer it is pay at check in not pay in advance. I warned her they will be getting alot of calls about this.

My mom is driving me crazy she wants them to send a corrected confirmation as soon as possible.

So I am going to give them a week and call back for a new confirmation that is corrected with the date due.

Any other ideas to call me mom down let me, she drives me crazy. She has to have it all in writing or she thinks our reservation will be cancelled. Which is not a bad idea but I tend to be more trusting which is probably a mistake.

Anyway thats what is up with it.

Mary

Thanks Mary! I've sent an e-mail to WDW central reservations and hopefully I will hear back from them within 24 hours. I had a feeling that the AP rate was booked as a package as my check-in date is 5/21, payment by May 1 would be 21 days in advance which is what is required if you have a package.

Also I had several preferences (nonsmoking, Magic Kingdom View) noted on my original ressie (AAA rate) and they are not listed on the modifed AP ressie!

I never get my requested info printed on my confirmation. I called them back and requested something to be mailed to me about the corrected date. He said they could not do it and it would be fine, finally after explaining that I do want it in writing he said he would send an email to his supervisor to send me something that it is not to be paid until check in.

Mary :earsgirl:

The same thing happened to me today. I called and was told that was a mistake. They corrected everything and the balance is due upon check-in. Actually, the whole resv was incorrect. They had us as a party of 3 instead of 4 and had us in for a crib request. (We are bringing two teens!) The woman did ask if I wanted a crib when I made the resv, and I told her no (and wondered why she had asked me!) Give them a call and they can correct it. :flower:

Mine said the same thing, and when I called she told me that it shows for AP rate only.

Thanks so much for the info. I too received a statement for AP ressie saying balance due- only mine is due on May 6 when our vacation begins on May 29. I thought maybe there had been a mistake.

Yep, I got mine today and it says the same thing, mine is supposedly due by Apr. 23. We don't get there until 5-14, though.
Reckon I need to call tomorrow, and talk to them.
Kim

Both of my AP ressies say the same thing. We arrive on 6/14 and balance due is on 5/24. I will pay it by then anyways so I can get the Disney rewards from my Disney Visa, but I just don't like thinking it is a package. The great thing about room only is that you can cancel up to 6 days before with no penalty.

I will still be calling tomorrow for confirmation.

duds

This has been a glitch in reservation's computers for a few years now. Call if you need to, but it prints out this way every year when you get an AP or other discounted rate. Mine doesn't reference a package--just the Passholder's rate, but it also contains the "payment due by" under the comments section. I wish they'd fix this little faux pas in the system, but it hasn't happened yet despite it being an ongoing problem. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!