Premier Access at Shanghai

Discussion in 'Other Lands' started by KateDrake, Oct 7, 2018.

1. KateDrake

KateDrake DIS Veteran

Hey all!

Trying to get the scoop on Disney Premier Access in Shanghai. We'll only have one day at the end of a 12-day trip, so trying to get the most out of it we can.

Do you still have to go to the center and have your photo taken? Or can you purchase directly through the app and you are good to go? We are buying the entire set, if that makes a difference.

Also, can you buy Premier Access through the app? I've heard some folks say it is cash only, and just want to make sure I have enough on hand. Thanks!!!

2. DizDragonfly

DizDragonfly Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll!

We purchased the entire set through the app.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. KJTex

KJTex Earning My Ears

I was there in a July, and purchased premier access through the app. No issue.

5. AquaDame

AquaDame Disney Cruise Line Moderator

Do either of you know if I already have downloaded, installed and can access the app here in the states am I good to go once we are in China? Or will we still need to get an SMS?

6. bkmanhole

bkmanhole Earning My Ears

You are good to go! The SMS is only to activate the app for the first time with your account.

7. jgl130

jgl130 Earning My Ears

I was just there last week. One thing I had trouble with was connecting to the in park WiFi while using my VPN app. I would turn it off, connect to the WiFi, then make my purchases or FastPass selections. Then I would connect back to VPN.

8. AquaDame

Wanted to update now that we are home... one day the wifi in the park connected just fine for getting fast passes, but then the next day it needed to send us an SMS first (apparently this is VERY common with free wifi spots in China - we ran into this all over). Thankfully we found a CM willing to get the SMS code on his own phone for us, but it was obviously really annoying to them to do so. I wish it weren't required - especially since it obviously doesn't NEED to be since our first day worked fine without!

9. bkmanhole

bkmanhole Earning My Ears

Looks like it might be different as we were in the parks for 5 days and never needed sms verification outside of activation.

This could also be that we connected to wifi through our hotel using our room information and it automatically connected in the park.

10. AquaDame

Thankfully we never had issue in the hotel... it was just our second park day that we had to receive an SMS. The park was MUCH busier that day too... not sure if that had something to do with it?