Pregnant @ Typhoon Lagoon

bfost87

Northern DIS'er
Has anyone been to TL while pregnant (12-14 weeks)? I find it hard to believe that only Crush ‘n’ Gusher has an advisory for Expectant Mothers, especially considering Disney usually covers their butts for their other regular attractions.

Typhoon Lagoon Pregnancy Advisory is set for -

- Crusher Gusher
- Gangplank Falls
- Humunga Kowabunga
- Keelhaul Falls
- Mayday Falls
- Storm Slides

and honestly I wouldn't go past my knees in the Wave Pool.

I'd likely spend my time in the lazy river, avoiding all the slides. :beach:

I would just stay in the lazy river. Or sit in the water at the edge of the wave pool where it's like ankle high. Wouldn't want to get knocked down by accident by a wave. I can't imagine further along preggo's trying to get in and out of those tubes! hehehe When I was pregnant I had the hugest belly and I even had the hardest time getting in and out of a beach chair! hehehe

The newer family raft ride is fine for someone that early in the pregnancy. It's very mild. I would avoid the rides listed in the advisory above...They are all pretty rough/bumpy. The lazy river and wave pool are fine (when the big waves aren't happening).

I went May 2017, although I was 22 weeks pregnant at the time. I literally only did the lazy river. My DS went on slides and the wave pool with DH. To be honest, it wasn't fun for me. I normally love TL and we have been back sinceshaving the baby.....but being pregnant at TL wasn' t great time. I didn't go on Miss Adventure falls, the family ride...DH didn't want me to take chances, but he did say it wasn't too bad. I always side with caution, be safe. The wave pool would be fine, but the waves come quickly! I wouldn't have been able to get out that fast. Is riding something really worth any accidents that could possibly happen? You can do those rides/ slides after baby. Congratulations on the upcoming baby!

Not TL, but my extended family used to go to Water Country (near us) every summer. When I was pregnant with DS, the annual trip fell when I was quite a bit further along than you, so I just did the lazy river and took extra turns watching my nieces in the kiddie pools.

I did also go with the "silver lining" that it was a great photo opportunity, though, and took my "good" camera instead of the waterproof disposables of the time. I got some great shots following different family members around!

My SIL was very early in one of her pregnancies when we went (in fact, the rest of us didn't know yet) and she did do milder slides without any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter