PREGNANT AT DISNEY!!!! NEED HELPFUl TIPS!

LisaLovesDisney

Disney Bride~December 3, 2003
Hi Folks,

I will be at the beginning of my 2nd trimester when we visit WDW in October for Halloween week and I don't want to slow the group down. I am looking for any helpful tips you can offer to make ours and the folks we are traveling with lives easier. Here are the details: traveling with our 3 year old DD and also another couple who has a 2 year old DD.

THANK YOU!

Congratulations! You may have to slow the group down from time to time, if it's a problem you may want to split up from time to time. You will need to rest when you feel tired, you don't want to over do it. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids, it will still be warm in October and it's easy to get dehydrated. At least you should be getting some energy back if you are starting the 2nd tri. We visited when I was 28 weeks PG with our third and I definitely had to take it slower. It was January so it was nice and cool, but I just couldn't go as much as usual. We were scheduled to go next month, but I would be 32 weeks and I just didn't think I could take it so we moved the trip to February. I'm glad we did because my sciatica is kicking in and I know I wouldn't be able to go very far! Pack additional snacks for yourself so you don't have to hunt one down when hunger strikes. There are also PG planning tips on allearsnet.com, you may want to check over there as well. Have fun!:hippie:

I was 18 weeks pregnant when we were in Disney last week. As the PP stated, make sure you stay hydrated. Also, you should plan on heading back to the hotel with your child in the afternoon and napping along with your daughter. I don't usually nap, but I fell asleep every single day while we were in Disney.

One last tip, and an issue that didn't occur to me before the trip: watch how much you eat. We were on the dining plan, and I would start getting really crampy when we walked around after a meal. It took me a while to figure it out, but I just don't have as much room in my stomach as I do when I'm not pregnant, and the large portion sizes followed by (usually quite brisk) walking were a recipe for cramps. So, keep portions small, even if it means turning down dessert or taking it to go.

Most of all, have fun! The second trimester is a great time to go, since you're generally over morning sickness and fatigue, but you're not feeling all that pregnant yet.

Great posts here for you!!!! 11 years ago I was 7 months pregnant in July & I really didn't slow the group of us down-it was more upsetting to me that I couldn't ride some of the cool rides! I think alot will depend on how you feel, the weather & even the other children! Have a great trip & congrats!!!!:goodvibes

For me it was all about sensible shoes and TONS of water.
I have been to Disney pregnant at least 3 times(I think probably more like 4) Once in July and my daughter was born in August!! So 8 months pregnant!:scared1:
But really it was all about the water. As long as I had water I was good to go. I did spend quite a bit of time in the bathroom as a result-:rotfl2: But everyone was eager to slow it down since I am the commando one at disney normally.

With the ages of the kids in your party- I think you'll be able to take it slow and enjoy the parks. It shouldn't be too hot and crowded so you are ahead of me there. And really you will be feeling great around that time.

Congratulations! And have fun!

The second trimester is the best one! You should be feeling really great. As everyone said, drink, drink, drink and eat when you're hungry. I think the two little kids will slow the group down more than you will, which will be a good thing for you so you aren't overdoing it.

My family is leaving next week and I also have a DD who is almost 3 not quite, and I am, or will be 28 weeks pregnant. I bought a belly belt to help relieve some presure off my back, and I have really comfortable tennis shoes to wear. My Dr. also suggested drinking gatorade or the likes to help keep me hydrated better. I am also planning nap time in the afternoon, or cuddle time to my DD, to let the others then do the rides my DD and I can't. My parents and my sister are coming with my DH, DD and I.

My family is leaving next week and I also have a DD who is almost 3 not quite, and I am, or will be 28 weeks pregnant. I bought a belly belt to help relieve some presure off my back, and I have really comfortable tennis shoes to wear. My Dr. also suggested drinking gatorade or the likes to help keep me hydrated better. I am also planning nap time in the afternoon, or cuddle time to my DD, to let the others then do the rides my DD and I can't. My parents and my sister are coming with my DH, DD and I.

WHAT IS A BELLY BELT!?!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter