Pregnant and Planning

jrjankowski8

DIS Veteran
So my wife and I will be traveling to the World Sept. 10-15 and she will be 5 1/2 months pregnant. She's been well so far with her daily routine and (knock on wood) no major issues with the pregnancy.

We are typically at the parks all day and night running from end to end, but obviously that won't be the plan this year. Of course there are a BUNCH of rides she cannot ride, which she's pretty bummed about, but I thought might make it easier to take it slow, but I'm still trying to make sure we have it right. We are also getting a Disney book signed for our future kid so the more characters the better (we love doing this anyway)

The Basic Info: Arrive Sunday at 1pm to MCO. Staying off-site (about 15 minutes away). 5 day passes, 1 park per day. Leaving 7am Sunday to NY.

For those of you who have done WDW pregnant (it'll just be the two of us - no kids yet), what do you think of these plans?:

Monday
September 10, 2018
Epcot
The Garden Grill Eat to the Beat Breakfast (6:45PM Show)
9:40 AM
Living with the Land
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Soarin' Around the World
11:35 AM - 12:35 PM
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
12:35 PM - 1:35 PM

Hotel/Pool Break then back for 6:45 Eat to the Beat Show

Tuesday
September 11, 2018
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Muppet*Vision 3D
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Alien Swirling Saucers - Now Open!
5:05 PM - 6:05 PM
Fantasmic!
7:50 PM - 8:05 PM *might move to an earlier Tier 2 so that we can try for TSMM as 4th FP+

Wednesday
September 12, 2018
Epcot

Spaceship Earth
12:40 PM - 1:40 PM
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
1:40 PM - 2:40 PM
Frozen Ever After
2:55 PM - 3:55 PM
-Food (for her) and Wine (for me) tour
Spice Road Table Dinner at Morocco
8:00 PM - w/ Illuminations

Thursday
September 13, 2018
Magic Kingdom Park

A Buffet with Character Breakfast at The Crystal Palace
9:45 AM
Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
10:40 AM - 11:40 AM
Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
11:40 AM - 12:40 PM
Peter Pan's Flight
1:20 PM - 2:20 PM

might do hotel break and go back for HEA

Friday
September 14, 2018
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
10:05 AM

Saturday
September 15, 2018
Magic Kingdom Park

Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
1:20 PM - 2:20 PM
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
2:20 PM - 3:20 PM
Peter Pan's Flight
3:25 PM - 4:25 PM

That looks wonderful!! You guys will have fun!!

I promised my DW this would be a chill trip with minimal hurrying.

The one thing I would say is, is she up to riding AS2? The ride wasn’t open yet when I was pregnant, but the thought of riding it while pregnant makes me nauseous. (Actually the thought of riding it while not pregnant also makes me nauseous, just less so).

I agree with doing hotel break on MK day. When I was pregnant, I did 6 AM-1 PM in the park, went back to the hotel, and then went back to the park from about 5-9:15.

I also don’t think you should skip AK, but that’s just me. Theres Just so much walking in Epcot...one day of that was enough for me.

We had 2.5 park days on our trip while I was pregnant. We did 1 day at MK and Epcot and half day at AK.

I went at 3 months pregnant. DH had an accident two weeks before trip so we both had to take it easy. I wouldn’t skip AK. Get FP for NRJ, KS and FOL. Take little train out to Rafiki’s planet watch. AK has great food options too.

At Epcot we got FP for Soarin, SE and Nemo. I think Frozen would be fine too.

HS we did TSMM, GMR (RIP) and Muppets. HS still doesn’t have enough for little ones or pregnant guests. I would skip it over AK.

MK has plenty of great ride options. We got FP for Peter Pan, HM and the afternoon parade. Ended up doing rides we otherwise would skip, like CoP and People Mover.

Have fun!

I went at 3 months pregnant. DH had an accident two weeks before trip so we both had to take it easy. I wouldn’t skip AK. Get FP for NRJ, KS and FOL. Take little train out to Rafiki’s planet watch. AK has great food options too.

At Epcot we got FP for Soarin, SE and Nemo. I think Frozen would be fine too.

HS we did TSMM, GMR (RIP) and Muppets. HS still doesn’t have enough for little ones or pregnant guests. I would skip it over AK.

MK has plenty of great ride options. We got FP for Peter Pan, HM and the afternoon parade. Ended up doing rides we otherwise would skip, like CoP and People Mover.

Have fun!

I’m going to jump in and say I disagree with riding KS while pregnant, for a few reasons.

It’s pretty bumpy and may be uncomfortable. I was 15 weeks pregnant and still very nauseous a lot of the time...there’s no way I was getting on that ride.

Also, when I was pregnant, it made me nervous to be away from a bathroom for very long. That’s a long ride that could end up stopped for indefinite periods of time due to the unpredictable ness of the animals. I realize that any ride could end up stopped, but you know that one is long going in.

Those are just my feelings though. If other people feel differently...ride away!

Thanks guys! Appreciate the input!

I should mention my wife works at a game farm so she sees animals a lot. (And we’re not far from the Bronx Zoo) And while we love the shows at AK, there wasn’t enough additional to do. Pandora wasn’t enough draw for us with just NRJ. Maybe next time.

And we like wandering around EPCOT especially for Food and Wine where you can stop and snack all day. And we’re sort of dividing our 2 Epcot days in half.

Lastly, HS will be somewhat blah since there are only a few rides we can do, but we wanted to at least see TSL a little. AS2 says it’s okay for expectant Mother’s and we felt fine on Maters Junkyard Jamboree in DL which is the same thing (sans Baby on Board). But we consider this a short half day to break up the trip.

Also Disney marks Safari as not okay for Expentant Mother’s so be aware!

KS does have a warning but just IMHO, it was fine for a first or second trimester pregnant person with no pre-existing conditions, for me it was the same amount of jostling I get on the unpaved country roads where I live. But YMMV and no one should go on it who doesn't feel comfortable doing so.

KS does have a warning but just IMHO, it was fine for a first or second trimester pregnant person with no pre-existing conditions, for me it was the same amount of jostling I get on the unpaved country roads where I live. But YMMV and no one should go on it who doesn't feel comfortable doing so.

I was thinking the SAME thing the other night when we were driving home.

couple of thoughts...My wife BEST trip to WDW was when we went with our 3 year old when she was greg w/. our twins...We had previously stayed at the Poly for 3 or 4 nights, but this trip we had 7 nights at FQ...it was SO much more relaxed as we were not running from place to play...she still lists that trip as one of our best even though she was burdened by significant extra baggage....Point being- relax and have fun...see a lot of time for character greets- you will have PLENTY of time doing that after you have the kids- spend your time walking and enjoying the grounds w/o stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!