Prefer VWL or BCV for New Year's Eve?

VLee

DIS Veteran
I have my room booked at VWL from 12/30 to 1/5. I also booked a studio for my son (35) at Beach Club for 12/30 to 1/2. He is scheduled to come in from Bangkok and I thought he would prefer the activity at Epcot for NYE with my planning to meet him there.
Question: If he decides to delay his trip, I could modify my reservation at VWL and use the one at BCV for the first 3 nights --since it would be much more convenient to Epcot on NYE and the CP on 12/30.
Also, since my daughter and kids are staying with me at VWL, I suppose I could keep both for 12/30 and 12/31.
How bad are the crowds on NYE from returning from Epcot---kids are 5 and 7--should I keep both in order to avoid crowds on busses returning to VWL?
I think it is a total of 44 pts.

Wow, I'd love to see other's opinions on this. I'm thinking if I had the points, I would probably keep both reservations. We are staying at BWV this year over NY's and stayed off-site 3 years ago. We ended up leaving EPCOT around 9:30 or 10 at night because it was just sooooo crowded. Our children were 7, 8 & 11 at the time. We loved the atmosphere and told ourselves we wanted to do it again, but insisted we would have to stay at the Boardwalk and be able to walk back to our villa (to avoid buses and the parking lot).

I think ressies at the Beach Club would be great. If the youngsters have the ability to make it til midnight at the parks, I think you'll want the quickest exit back to your villa possible, without having to worry about driving (bus or car).

Have a great trip!
Lissa

We were at Epcot on NYE '06/'07. Stayed for midnight fireworks, very crowded, couldn't even move a few steps. The lights were out during the fireworks, so couldn't see much around us. We 'lost' part of the family after the show when people started to push and try to find ways to exit. It was chaotic! And, our cell phones didn't work due to everyone calling after midnight. Long story short... I wish we had prearranged to walk back to BCV and wait in the room if anyone got lost. I spent so much time worrying and looking for lost family until the phones finally worked.

Judging by last year's crowd, I think it would have been a long slow walk to the bus stops plus waiting time. So with your little ones, probably be better to stay at BCV if you plan to be at Epcot for NYE....the fireworks were incredible!

Thanks for your input...would appreciate others' opinions on this, too!

Thanks for your input...would appreciate others' opinions on this, too!

The parks are JAMMED PACKED until midnight... it is the worst you'll see.

Our last trip we avoided the parks at night... Went to the parks during the days and then had a late meal and did the countdown on the Boardwalk. Now AFTER we headed to MGM for magical hours and it was empty... Ended up walking as all other transports were packed.

Busses were JAMMED packed... They always are at that time....

My advice, if Epcot or Studios is your location, stay at BCV or BWV. If you are going to the MK, stay at VWL. If you are doing PI, stay at Saratoga Springs. But if you can walk back, I recommend it 100%.... unless you are drunk. :-)

We've done 7 NYE's so far, all at Epcot, and love it. However it's not the best for younger kids.

They have illuminations early and many of the 'families' leave after that. Then about 11:40 they do illuminations again, followed immediately by the midnight fireworks.

Crowds will be huge. Don't plan on doing the attractions unless you are ok with long lines, or get there early enough to get decent fast passes.

If you plan on eating be sure to get ADR's as all the table-service restaurants will be 100% booked and walk-up seating will not be available. Walk up counter service will be available, but again there will be long lines.

We now only stay at BWV or BCV because you can walk back to the room. Early on we stayed at OKW, took the bus once and drove the car in once. Both were slow getting out and since then it's only been BWV/BCV for us.

I have done NYE 3 times, and it's very, very crowded. It is just so much easier to stay at BC or BW and walk from EPCOT.

We've done 7 NYE's so far, all at Epcot, and love it. However it's not the best for younger kids.

They have illuminations early and many of the 'families' leave after that. Then about 11:40 they do illuminations again, followed immediately by the midnight fireworks.

Crowds will be huge. Don't plan on doing the attractions unless you are ok with long lines, or get there early enough to get decent fast passes.

If you plan on eating be sure to get ADR's as all the table-service restaurants will be 100% booked and walk-up seating will not be available. Walk up counter service will be available, but again there will be long lines.
We now only stay at BWV or BCV because you can walk back to the room. Early on we stayed at OKW, took the bus once and drove the car in once. Both were slow getting out and since then it's only been BWV/BCV for us.

so true! I called yesterday for Le Cellier for NYE and there were no times available!

so true! I called yesterday for Le Cellier for NYE and there were no times available!

I forgot to call untiltwo months out and ended up with a 9:45 pm ressie at Yachtsman... Not my favorite. Didn't make the same mistake this year got my Christmas Eve Processional package and Christmas day Artist Point all locked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!