Predicted DVC booking patterns - Studios, 1-BD & 2-BD charts (September 2019 2-BD added!)

SG131

DIS Veteran
I just went to the resource center, and the predicted pattern link is very hard to find. For a question that gets asked as much as it does, IMHO it should have its own link on the first post of the resource page.
I agree, people are constantly posting, what are my chances of getting this or that. And if I see it I'll usually hunt for this thread and post the link, but I have trouble finding it sometimes too!

mustinjourney

DIS Veteran
I agree, people are constantly posting, what are my chances of getting this or that. And if I see it I'll usually hunt for this thread and post the link, but I have trouble finding it sometimes too!
If you don’t have it bookmarked, google “dvc availability skier_pete” and you’ll find it quickly.

SG131

DIS Veteran
If you don’t have it bookmarked, google “dvc availability skier_pete” and you’ll find it quickly.
I usually just search for skier_pete on the site and scroll till I find it. But if the site were bookmarked maybe people wouldn't need to ask the question as frequently.

• skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
    I can't control what is bookmarked - even being on the DVC show. It's been brought up to the moderators and they feel the link in the resource center is the best location - if you see an issue with it, suggest contacting the moderators directly.

I also have a link in my signature as well so you can search my name specifically and find the link quickly there.

_auroraborealis_

I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.
    I just went to the resource center, and the predicted pattern link is very hard to find. For a question that gets asked as much as it does, IMHO it should have its own link on the first post of the resource page.
    From a UX perspective, the more stcikied posts you have the less weight they all have to a user.

mustinjourney

DIS Veteran
    From a UX perspective, the more stcikied posts you have the less weight they all have to a user.
    I understand -- but I probably link Pete's post once a week...sometimes more often than that. That clearly shows that it is not easy enough for people to find on their own.

Additionally, pretty much everything else on the sticky board can be found using google -- so while it is nice to have everything in one spot, there is not much that is unique information (I'm not complaining about that -- I found the resource center invaluable when I first started looking more than 3 years ago).

I only mention that b/c I think Pete's post is a work of art that is surpassed by nothing else out there. IMHO, it is THE most useful post for potential DVC owners considering what home resort to choose. I don't think there is anything that comes close to giving someone a general idea if they need the 11 month booking advantage for a particular room during a particular time of year. It is genius b/c of its simplicity.

And because of these unique factors for that particular thread -- I really do think it deserves a more prominent spot as a sticky. At a minimum -- it should be in Post #1 on the Resource Center Page.

and if all those reasons aren't enough -- a more prominent sticky would at least prevent 1 to 2 thread posts asking about general availability each week.

Last edited:

SG131

DIS Veteran
    I understand -- but I probably link Pete's post once a week...sometimes more often than that. That clearly shows that it is not easy enough for people to find on their own.

Additionally, pretty much everything else on the sticky board can be found using google -- so while it is nice to have everything in one spot, there is not much that is unique information (I'm not complaining about that -- I found the resource center invaluable when I first started looking more than 3 years ago).

I only mention that b/c I think Pete's post is a work of art that is surpassed by nothing else out there. IMHO, it is THE most useful post for potential DVC owners considering what home resort to choose. I don't think there is anything that comes close to giving someone a general idea if they need the 11 month booking advantage for a particular room during a particular time of room. It is genius b/c it is so simple to use.

And because of these unique factors for that particular thread -- I really do think it deserves a more prominent spot as a sticky. At a minimum -- it should be in Post #1 on the Resource Center Page.

and if all those reasons aren't enough -- a more prominent sticky would at least prevent 1 to 2 thread posts asking about general availability each week.
    I agree too! I’m also linking it in other posts very regularly. Clearly newcomers are missing this valuable information where it lives now.

KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
    And frequently get that question posted 2 or 3 threads above another post asking the same question where the link has already been posted. A separate sticky won't change that.

mustinjourney

DIS Veteran
    And frequently get that question posted 2 or 3 threads above another post asking the same question where the link has already been posted. A separate sticky won't change that.
    there are definitely a lot of people that don't check stickies -- but at least if the sticky was easy to find -- I would not feel bad shaming said lazy person. :-)

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator

I only mention that b/c I think Pete's post is a work of art that is surpassed by nothing else out there. IMHO, it is THE most useful post for potential DVC owners considering what home resort to choose. I don't think there is anything that comes close to giving someone a general idea if they need the 11 month booking advantage for a particular room during a particular time of room. It is genius b/c it is so simple to use.

I agree too! I’m also linking it in other posts very regularly. Clearly newcomers are missing this valuable information where it lives now.
    Thoughts from a DVC Forum Mod:

Respectfully, hardly anyone reads the STICKY THREADS without being directed there - if they did, we wouldn't be declining more than half of the submissions to the Rent/Trade Board (and you'd think that most of the users there would be experienced users of the DIS).

It's also a BIG PAIN to have to scroll down half a page or more to see the new/active threads, especially if you are using a phone or tablet. There are many other "sticky-worthy" info threads in the DVC Resource Center. If we pinned even half of them, you'd probably have to skip to the 2nd or 3rd page of the forum to get to the active threads. How many would bother to look at Sticky Threads in that case?

It's not that hard to bookmark a thread and link to it whenever you want to direct another poster to it. Not any harder than linking to the Post #11 in the DVC RESOURCE CENTER or a Sticky Thread. We mods would also like everyone to know about and take advantage of all the information that is contained in the DVC Resource Center, not just the very valuable data that skier_pete & Bing collected.

Thanks for understanding.

BcIcemen

Mouseketeer
    I just keep the reply to a response on here in my email and open it from there. If you clean out your email it will sooner or later make it to the botto(or 1st) email and it resides there. Open and close as needed

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
    I agree. I was surprised how far down I had to burrow to find it. Given that it’s one of the most frequently linked posts on the DVC boards (answering one of the most frequently asked questions) I think it deserves a more prominent location.

ETA: Maybe the Resource Center needs to be reorganized. Ariel disappeared from my devices long ago. Can’t that first post be replaced by the one it opens?

Last edited:

DizzyKnee

Earning My Ears
    I hear about the availability chart but can't seem to find it. Would someone please post a link to the latest updated chart. Thanks for all the hard work.

DizzyKnee

Earning My Ears
    Thanks mustinjourney....I am a Dis Board green pea and still don't get it. The link you supplied takes me to the start of this post where I can see charts dated 2018. Am I missing something or do those charts reveal the availability back in 2018?

mustinjourney

DIS Veteran
    Thanks mustinjourney....I am a Dis Board green pea and still don't get it. The link you supplied takes me to the start of this post where I can see charts dated 2018. Am I missing something or do those charts reveal the availability back in 2018?
    make sure to read all the text at the beginning. It should lay out exactly what the heat maps indicate.

Gilmoregirl1980

Earning My Ears
    I see that one of my favorite times to travel (first two weeks of December) are considered spotty at the 11 month mark. My question - is it possible to be shut out of the Poly at the 11 month mark even if you own there?

KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
    I see that one of my favorite times to travel (first two weeks of December) are considered spotty at the 11 month mark. My question - is it possible to be shut out of the Poly at the 11 month mark even if you own there?
    During the first week of December it might happen initially but a waitlist would probably come thru. That first week of December is the busiest DVC booking time. The only other time I've noticed PVB booking up right at 11 months is the weekend of the Wine and Dine race in early November. New Years you wouldn't want to wait too long to book either. But Poly has a lot of studios and people do change their reservations so waitlists work pretty well there.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS