Pre-Official 2019 MNSSHP Discussion, Closed - “Official” Thread now up

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets guests to lock in their Party trips well before the announcement of the Opening of SWGE.

That’s when the madness will begin.

That is true but I imagine most in the know enough for MNSSHP tickets early have already crunched their numbers/dates if they want to see SWGE early. It wouldn't change my plans, maybe just force me to decide on a party date and book. I never book this early, but I'm going to start looking at rates (offsite) for some desirable party dates.

My guess is that alone doesn't fill rooms, it just creates more income. BUT for some of us who can, we might book a trip specifically for that.

I've been going to these parties since 2006. I seem to remember back when I would buy tickets as soon as they went on sale (less dates) that they would pop up in April, maybe even first week of May ???? But January, it seems crazy to sell them this early unless you are pushing for room commitments.

I would never book my Sept trip this early without the commitment I used to make each year with Free Dining. NOW do you think they offered or sold fewer FD rooms (I remember when that would sell out in days) and this is part two to get the rooms filled.
If you do your math correctly, sometimes FD isn't worth the money when solo. For me going in Sept for 4 nights, it was cheaper to take room discount and buy my own dining and even buying dining I will still lose about $50 ish if I don't buy the biggest and most expensive meal. If I took advantage of FD, it would have cost me around $300 more. For bigger families it is worth taking FD but for those that are planners, we watch every deal.

If you do your math correctly, sometimes FD isn't worth the money when solo. For me going in Sept for 4 nights, it was cheaper to take room discount and buy my own dining and even buying dining I will still lose about $50 ish if I don't buy the biggest and most expensive meal. If I took advantage of FD, it would have cost me around $300 more. For bigger families it is worth taking FD but for those that are planners, we watch every deal.

I don't do FD anymore because with all the changes it is no longer is a good value.

I've been doing long Sept trips for 13 years (before that did short Oct trips) .... I only brought up FD because it was the only times I ever booked so far in advance as I booked the Bounceback FD a year out. All other Sept trips I usually book late spring ... and sometimes change it a few times. To think about booking now seems strange BUT having the dates I know I'll work around ... I might book early. While I won't book onsite ... I imagine there are many that are booking right now earlier than usual.

Last edited:

I can’t believe how early :confused3

Could bookings be down and they are trying to tip the scale for folks to commit?
I am really hoping they move F&W up at least one week from opening date last year. That would set my Fall trip in stone! This is the first year that my college DD would be able to go to MNSSHP because her semester starts later,the first week in September.
.... I never book this early, but I'm going to start looking at rates (offsite) for some desirable party dates.
Same! And I'm still not set with my May dates/trip yet. I guess ill be working on both now.
I was thinking of the number of guests who want to avoid SWGE. ;) They’ll have their party locked in and then may find that Disney surprises everyone with an early Fall SWGE opening. At least Party guests can book their rooms now.
That would be us! I want to avoid SWGE for the first few months. As much as I love SW, I would rather wait a few months to see how everything works before braving the crowds.

I am really hoping they move F&W up at least one week from opening date last year.

Same here. I'm booked for 8/15-8/20 this year since we're trying to avoid missing school with a rising middle schooler. We managed 2 parties last year (a good escape from Florence), and glad to have the opportunity to go to another this year. But if they add a weekend of F&W? Now that would be a magical trip.

Sorry I know this has been mentioned before but what time do they start making you leave the park if you don't have MNSSHP tickets?
6pm. We did a Christmas Party last year and cast members actually stopped us and asked to see our bands around 7:15pm. I was surprised (and a little insulted lol), but I was happy they checked to make sure people were paying to be there.

That said, we planned ALL of our MK days for party days. The crowds truly are better than non-party days and we didn't mind leaving at 6pm because we rope drop.

Woohoo! I guessed right! Lol!

Going on our first disney cruise Oct. 18-21. Booked the night before counting on a party night. So now, Halloween party on the 17th, then Halloween cruise the next day! Thanks for announcing early, Disney!
We did sort of the same thing except our cruise is over on the date of the first party and I booked a night hoping we could hit it....woo hoo! Tickets have been bought!!

I was thinking of the number of guests who want to avoid SWGE. ;) They’ll have their party locked in and then may find that Disney surprises everyone with an early Fall SWGE opening. At least Party guests can book their rooms now.

So I guess it could still fall in to folks are not booking until they got more SW info, so Disney is throwing out some bait. :thumbsup2

Sorry I know this has been mentioned before but what time do they start making you leave the park if you don't have MNSSHP tickets?

Party nights are hard closures. 6 pm is when you are expected to leave. Official Party start time is 7 so they should be checking bands at 7 and sending others to exit.

6pm.

We did a Christmas Party last year and cast members actually stopped us and asked to see our bands around 7:15pm. I was surprised (and a little insulted lol), but I was happy they checked to make sure people were paying to be there.

That said, we planned ALL of our MK days for party days. The crowds truly are better than non-party days and we didn't mind leaving at 6pm because we rope drop.

YEAH! Glad to hear they were proactive from the start and I'll gladly show my band. With the new one hour buffer between closing and party there is no reason a non-party guest should still be in the park after 7.

When will the 'press party' be? Will it be the very fist MNSSHP on Friday August 16? Or on Tuesday August 20?

Thanks, that's similar to what I'm thinking. I've heard day crowds on party nights are lower so I was thinking of rope dropping MK on Sunday and leaving when the party starts, then going to the party Tuesday night, when we were already planning to do MK evening.

Hmmm...Aug 16th is the last day of my trip. Does the first party sell out? How quickly do I need to buy tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter