Pre-Cruise Check In - No PAT until I provide flight info?

slatterie

Mouseketeer
Doing a cruise out of Miami in March. Now at the 90 day mark and I go to the cruise check in so I can get my kid registered in the kids club and get a PAT. It seems I cannot do either because I don't have my flight information. We are a month away from getting that (all our flight watch sites are telling us to wait) and we don't know if we are flying out to MIA or FLL.

So DCL will not let me complete check in until I provide that specific information. I can't even skip that section and choose "will provide later" as an option. I do not recall doing this for RCL for check in purposes.

So now i'm out of doing anything - check in or registering for anything until flights are booked? We are not taking Disney Transportation or booking flights through them. All I know is we are arriving the day before and leaving same day the ship returns to port.

Sorry for the rant. :(

PS I want to thank everyone on the board for their great information. Very helpful.

Thanks lklgoodman! I was able to speak with a cast member and they said just put in not flying and driving to home and then adjust it later when flights are booked. Sorry was having a bad day earlier and then this came up. I got an 11 am PAT so YAY!

We can't enter driving because we always purchase Disney transportation. We just enter a 'dummy' flight, one that arrives early so we get an early PAT then adjust with the actual flight later.

Online check-in can be adjusted anytime (multiple times) up until 3 days prior to embarkation.

Enjoy your cruise!

We couldn't complete check-in on one of our DCL cruises because our credit cards were due to expire before the cruise and the bank hadn't issued new ones yet. I learned (here on the DIS) that we could have just put "paying cash" then corrected it later.

Also, people who don't have their passports yet (and are on a cruise that doesn't require them) can just put they're using birth certificates, then go back and fill in the correct info when they get it.

Which makes me wonder how many passengers go back and change their info after doing their initial check-in.

Just enter any flight number and change it later when you get your correct one. They'll want info for your departing flight too. Once we were going to Belize after getting off the cruise. At the time, the DCL software would only let you select a country on the drop down menu and you could not type in a destination (Belize wasn't on the drop down list). So we just put Dallas on there and a flight number and that was that.

Also, people who don't have their passports yet (and are on a cruise that doesn't require them) can just put they're using birth certificates, then go back and fill in the correct info when they get it

Or just enter nonsense. We were renewing passports just before a cruise previously and just entered random text. It doesn't do any checking or verification. It just needs something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts