Prayers please

Disneychick75

DIS Veteran
Hi y'all,
We live in an area hit hard by Hurricane Ida. Please pray for everyone affected. I'm 63 years old and have been through hurricanes all of my life, including Katrina. Ida was so much worse. Posting and running because we ony have internet and cellphone service for a couple of minutes at a time.

Sending you much support in prayer. We're still trying to make long range evacuation plans for my family. I hope for you ways to stay cool enough to remain healthy in the heat, safety in the recovery efforts, and kindness extended wherever possible. Big hugs to all my SE Luuusiana fam!

Prayers coming your way, D chick. Hoping power comes back on for you all very soon.

I have been in touch with a dis'er who lives in Baton Rogue area. She said they were able to get gasoline about 45 minutes away from their home for their generator. She said the wind was horrible.

Good wishes for you and everyone affected by Ida.

Thanks y'all!

We are blessed to have a generator that runs a couple of window units, fridge, and freezer. Compared to others, we are very lucky.

Dan, it really was horrible. I had fixed up a place under the staircase for us to run to in case of a tornado. During part of the storm, I decided to take a nap in that space. The slab and ground were vibrating from the force of the winds. I have so much gratitude because all of my family made it through Ida. When I woke up Sunday morning, my first thought was that this might be the last morning of our lives.

Thanks y'all!

We are blessed to have a generator that runs a couple of window units, fridge, and freezer. Compared to others, we are very lucky.

Dan, it really was horrible. I had fixed up a place under the staircase for us to run to in case of a tornado. During part of the storm, I decided to take a nap in that space. The slab and ground were vibrating from the force of the winds. I have so much gratitude because all of my family made it through Ida. When I woke up Sunday morning, my first thought was that this might be the last morning of our lives.
:hug:'s

Sending prayers your way and will continue to do so. I just can't imagine what you must be going through. :grouphug: (Even though it's just me I thought Id send you a group hug!)

Please send good thoughts to those of us on the Gulf Coast, especially Southeast Louisiana. My husband and I are fortunate and have a place to stay with power and food, but so many of us are starving, overheating, and have no clean water or gas to even leave. The destruction is unreal and to make things worse--Hurricane Ida landed on the 16th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.
My heart aches for New Orleans, the Northshore (my home) and the entire south region of Louisiana.

I’m glad you and your husband are ok, have power and food. It is so awful to see and hear about. Prayers are uplifted daily. 🙏
I am merging this post with another thread on the same subject.

If anyone needs to know this information or needs to pass it on to any one. There is an emergency distribution center at Arthur Monday Center, 111 Newton Street, 70114 Algiers. There is a cooling station and people can get food, water, tarps and other essentials.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, especially that you're without power. I live in a climate similar to yours, and after a hurricane we were without power for 4 1/2 days-I read that you could be without for more than twice that long. I pray for you with no air conditioning, no ice.

We're doing okay. Our old generator needs work but just as it was going out, our daughter got electricity so we are using hers. Funny how you get used to being in rooms with sunlight serving as light source in order to save generator power.

Yesterday, we went to our daughter's house for a while and I found myself wanting to jump up and turn off lights, lol.

Saw so many blue tarps on roofs. Today we were told that our water might be turned off because a part the water facility needs is in Jackson, MS. Just have to keep counting our blessings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter